Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

They are a bit ahead in Europe already

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

They are a bit ahead in Europe already

Unread postby no_wuckin_ferries_mate » Sun 22 Mar 2009, 01:49:06

Even if you don`t understand the language the pictures speak for themselves.

Those people are protesting against losing their jobs and having to bailout with their tax money, like We will not pay for YOUR crisis, and the commentator says it is just the beginning. Real riots expected next week and beginning of april.

Link to short video: http://www.spiegel.de/video/video-57084.html

They stock broker near the end of the movies says very clearly: Even if you are rich no wall can be high enough to protect you against an angry crowd.

I guess security and so will be in big business very soon.
no_wuckin_ferries_mate
Peat
Peat

Re: They are a bit ahead in Europe already

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 22 Mar 2009, 02:22:43

Hey can anyone get another link to this?
It wants you to join itunes and give an email address to view.
Na.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby the48thronin » Sun 22 Mar 2009, 02:37:40

HMMM I went watched a 20 second commercial that had a visible countdown to the video in it... and then watched the video... not siure what you are complaining about... Those cops have something to complain about LOL
Malthusian Riders Member!

Courtesy and Courage Sincerity and Self-control Honor and Loyalty a Code to Live By!
What do the miners do when the canary dies? EVACUATE THE MINE not argue about the color of it's feathers or buy a parrot instead.

Where is my pitchfork and torch? I need them for a visit to the castle!
the48thronin
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Novus » Sun 22 Mar 2009, 03:26:43

the48thronin wrote: watched the video... not siure what you are complaining about... Those cops have something to complain about LOL

I see some healthy democracy in action with people taking back the power from the pigmen and monied interests that bought control their government. What is happening in America is far more disturbing as the Wall Street Pigmen are being allowed to take over with little protest from the people who are being robbed blind. Americans have been completely stupified and brain washed into complacent sheep.
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby UltraViciousBudgie » Sun 22 Mar 2009, 22:58:03

Novus wrote:I see some healthy democracy in action with people taking back the power from the pigmen and monied interests that bought control their government. What is happening in America is far more disturbing as the Wall Street Pigmen are being allowed to take over with little protest from the people who are being robbed blind. Americans have been completely stupified and brain washed into complacent sheep.

As long as people continue to believe they will get a piece of the "stimulus" pie or benefit from yet another something-for-nothing entitlement there will be no protest. When the toilet paper in our wallets no longer buys anything people will wake up. When they hit the streets it will be a popcorn event.
The birds shall re-inherit the earth.

"All crows under heaven are black."
UltraViciousBudgie
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Quinny » Mon 23 Mar 2009, 19:19:13

The frightening thing about this, is that I've seen nothing in the UK media about this.

Riots in Germany would normally be front page news, but I haven't seen anything at all, neither have any of my friends/colleagues. Why is it not being reported?
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Bas » Mon 23 Mar 2009, 19:56:45

actually it was a report about riots in 'Frankreich' aka France.
Bas

Unread postby Quinny » Tue 24 Mar 2009, 02:01:06

Thanks, but the banners were in German weren't they? I haven't seen much about the French riots either.
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby starsky » Tue 24 Mar 2009, 13:35:12

Not much in Finnish news either.
starsky
Wood
Wood

Unread postby kiwichick » Wed 25 Mar 2009, 14:53:49

slightly diferent topic

Uk bond auction fails

cover @ 0.93
lowest ever average cover 2.1 times

UK credit rating at risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kiwichick
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Denny » Wed 25 Mar 2009, 19:12:22

Look at this in France today: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090325/world/france_labour_unrest

"French workers burn tires, hold 3M manager hostage

PARIS - French workers burned tires, marched on the presidential palace and held a manager of U.S. manufacturer 3M hostage Wednesday as anger mounted over job cuts and executive bonuses.

Rising public outrage at employers on both sides of the Atlantic has been triggered by executives cashing in bonus cheques even as their companies were kept afloat with billions of dollars in taxpayers' money and unemployment soars.

Rising public outrage at employers has led to kidnappings, marches and strikes in France, a country with a long tradition of labour unrest.

A French 3M executive was being held hostage for the second day at a plant in Pithiviers, south of Paris, as workers protested layoffs. The situation was calm, however, with labour talks taking place there Wednesday.

Detained 3M manager Luc Rousselet told an AP reporter "Everything's fine" and workers planned to bring him mussels and French fries for dinner.

In Paris, rage boiled over into an angry march on the presidential palace and a bonfire of tires set alight by workers from Germany's Continental AG, whose auto parts factory in Clairoix, northeast of Paris, plans to shut down in 2010.
"

Though we all share the feeling of rage in the obvious ripoffs that have happened, I wonder if these workers realize that they may be fouling their own nexts. Big companies like 3M and Contental wil think twice before sinking more money into their French operations, if they fear that their people or their equipment could be harmed. And, who will pay for the tires burned? My guess is these will not be covered by insurance, as the fires are a deliberate act.

It was a nice gesture to take care of the 3M hostage well, but in reality denying him his freedom is a major crime, even if he is fed.
Denny
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Economics & Finance