Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Your car is now back by the full faith and credit of the US

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Your car is now back by the full faith and credit of the US

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 11:43:26

(Reuters) - Following are excerpts from President Barack Obama's Monday remarks about the U.S. auto industry's restructuring effort:

GOVERNMENT WARRANTY

It is my hope that the steps I am announcing today will go a long way towards answering many of the questions people may have about the future of GM and Chrysler. But just in case there are still nagging doubts, let me say it as plainly as I can -- if you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always. Your warranty will be safe.

In fact, it will be safer than it's ever been. Because starting today, the United States government will stand behind your warranty.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090330/tb ... c9bed.html

Wow, how swell Uncle Sam is now guaranteeing warranty service for all GMs, Chryslers, and Fords. Now if they could just guarantee Social Security will remain solvent. ;)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Your car is now back by the full faith and credit of the US

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 11:46:42

Sixstrings wrote:
(Reuters) - Following are excerpts from President Barack Obama's Monday remarks about the U.S. auto industry's restructuring effort:

GOVERNMENT WARRANTY

It is my hope that the steps I am announcing today will go a long way towards answering many of the questions people may have about the future of GM and Chrysler. But just in case there are still nagging doubts, let me say it as plainly as I can -- if you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always. Your warrantee will be safe.

In fact, it will be safer than it's ever been. Because starting today, the United States government will stand behind your warranty.

Wow, how swell Uncle Sam is now guaranteeing warranty service for all GMs, Chryslers, and Fords. Now if they could just guarantee Social Security will remain solvent. ;)

Social Security will remain solvent for the Boomer's, after that 8O
vision-master

Unread postby Jotapay » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 11:49:08

So instead of Obama's unicorn pooping Skittles now, it will poop car parts?
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby gnm » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 12:16:09

Oh don't worry those SSN checks will keep coming...... Now whether or not you can actually purchase anything useful with the TP by then is another story... But I expect they will stay solvent enough to keep mailing slips of paper with numbers on it.. 8)

-G
gnm

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 12:26:37

Sixstrings wrote:

GOVERNMENT WARRANTY

It is my hope that the steps I am announcing today will go a long way towards answering many of the questions people may have about the future of GM and Chrysler. But just in case there are still nagging doubts, let me say it as plainly as I can -- if you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired, just like always. Your warranty will be safe.

Wow, how swell Uncle Sam is now guaranteeing warranty service for all GMs, Chryslers, and Fords.

Actually, no.

Uncle Sam is only backing GM and Chrysler. Obama has just gone into COMPETITION AGAINST Ford.

Obama isn't standing behind Ford's warranty. Obama says he will only guarantee the warranty on GM and Chrysler models. :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 12:31:51

gnm wrote:Oh don't worry those SSN checks will keep coming...... Now whether or not you can actually purchase anything useful with the TP by then is another story... But I expect they will stay solvent enough to keep mailing slips of paper with numbers on it.. 8)

-G

Just like everyone else with an income. :mrgreen:
vision-master

Unread postby emersonbiggins » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 12:33:03

This is all too much - what more can be said?
"It's called the American Dream because you'd have to be asleep to believe it."

George Carlin
emersonbiggins
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 12:37:57

vision-master

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:02:50

emersonbiggins wrote:This is all too much - what more can be said?

Wall Street can change course and start dropping like a brick again....as it is doing.

--------------

Obama has said he may force GM and Chrysler into bankruptcy. This would wipe out the shareholders and allow a judge to default on the creditor's contracts and reset union contracts etc.

If Obama will do that to GM and Chrysler, why wouldn't he do it to AIG? B of A? Citigroup? Why didn't he just take AIG into bankruptcy instead of paying all the foreign banks off with taxpayer dollars?
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Javaman » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:07:46

Plantagenet wrote:
Sixstrings wrote:

GOVERNMENT WARRANTY

Wow, how swell Uncle Sam is now guaranteeing warranty service for all GMs, Chryslers, and Fords.

Actually, no.

Uncle Sam is only backing GM and Chrysler. Obama has just gone into COMPETITION AGAINST Ford.

Obama isn't standing behind Ford's warranty. Obama says he will only guarantee the warranty on GM and Chrysler models. :roll:

So let me see if I have this straight... the Govt is going to tax my income, savings and investments, so that it can help some financially overextended Escalade owner keep his new gas guzzler on the road, while my decades-old econobox remains my responsibility.

Is that how it works now?
Javaman
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:10:46

If BO is guaranteeing Chevys, WHO is backing up Toyotas? Is that the full faith and trust in the Japanese Goobermint? Who is backing up BMW these days? Andrea Merkel?

MY guarantee is that any guarantee you get here is as worthless as the toilet paper Helicopter Ben is printing.

Reverse Engineer
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:11:10

Javaman wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:
Sixstrings wrote:

GOVERNMENT WARRANTY

Actually, no.

So let me see if I have this straight... the Govt is going to tax my income, savings and investments, so that it can help some financially overextended Escalade owner keep his new gas guzzler on the road, while my decades-old econobox remains my responsibility.

Is that how it works now?

Yeah, and your pay will drop, health insurance rise and no more pension plans either. :wink:
vision-master

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:31:17

Obama fired Rick Wagoner at GM because he wouldn't make the kind of lightweight, fuel-efficient cars Obama wants.

Obama wants the new model line to be called the "Obamamobile."

The OBAMAMOBILE....coming to a GM dealer near you!!!!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:51:06

pstarr wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Obama fired Rick Wagoner at GM because he wouldn't make the kind of lightweight, fuel-efficient cars Obama wants.

Is this racist?

No--- Its a pun. OBAMAMOBILE is a pun on OLDSMOBILE. Get it? :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 14:04:05

pstarr wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:
pstarr wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Obama fired Rick Wagoner at GM because he wouldn't make the kind of lightweight, fuel-efficient cars Obama wants.

Is this racist?

No--- Its a pun. OBAMAMOBILE is a pun on OLDSMOBILE. Get it? :roll:

It's don't like no pun. I sho looks lak a little pickeninnie boy with no shoes and dumb ole' box on his bak. :twisted:

The young man in the picture actually has shoes on. You are imagining things---There is no reason for you to attack him in a racist fashion.

Can we please go back to discussing Obama's odd plan to put the US government in the car repair business, rather then your racially tinged comments.

Thank you. :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 14:15:15

The REAL REASON OBAMA FIRED RICK WAGONER:

----------------

"Jeremy Anwyl, chief executive of the automotive Web site Edmunds.com, called the move “political theater” to appease an increasingly bailout-weary public.

“American taxpayers are not happy,” Anwyl said. “But this way you’re able to point to Rick and say he’s gone, and that creates an environment where the loans become politically palatable.”

-----------------

GET READY TO BAILOUT GM......AGAIN.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 30 Mar 2009, 14:31:27

pstarr wrote:In intelligent places without dumb American Republicans the citizenry accepts the burden of their collective responsibility, because it is GOOD BUSINESS.

Well, then...you should be happy now, Pstarr. The dumb American Republicans are out of power and the smart American Democrats control Congress and the White House and are running the show nationally and giving government bailouts to AIG, GM, Chrysler etc. in your mind must be ipso facto GOOD BUSINESS. :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to North America Discussion