Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Amorphous Nature of the New Elites

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

The Amorphous Nature of the New Elites

Unread postby threadbear » Tue 31 Mar 2009, 20:15:20

Best article I've ever read about what is happening in the elite structure. I found the article years ago, lost it, forgot the name of the author AND the site but just retrieved it, miraculoulsy 5 minutes ago, through a combination of serendipity and coincidence. I have to think it was more than luck, actually.

Crazy looking little website, but Rappoport seems to be closer to reality, than anyone I've read so far, and combines many of the ideas I've read from other posters here, and some of my own.

Jon Rappoport: Cartels:

"The Bohemian Grove, for example, has so diluted its membership that it no longer can call itself a real secret government. Many lower level players can come to the summer meetings in California and play weird games in the forest. The NY-based Council on Foreign Relations has fallen into near-senility at times. Its summer 2000 meeting on terrorism degenerated into a goofy puerile exercise in “brainstorming”, with no real leadership handling things. The Bilderbergers as well are getting old. The men who formerly planned many planetary OPS are, more and more, spinning their wheels, handling lower-level business deals, and reminiscing about glories past.

Skull and Bones at Yale has, like the Bohemian Grove, diluted its exclusive “first-family” membership, and it often loses the connective brotherly frat thread in the real world of commerce, where its members, after graduation, take their “rightful places” in the top echelons of society and government. The CIA is so awash in confusion that it can’t remember where it hid some of the bodies. It has spawned a number of unofficial islands of intelligence over the years, and those spinoffs often make their deals on their own."

http://www.halexandria.org/dward341.htm
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Re: The Amorphous Nature of the New Elites

Unread postby Jotapay » Thu 02 Apr 2009, 00:45:27

I read it. The ratio of conjecture:documented evidence in the text is a bit high for my liking. Much of the topics they bring up are rooted in documented fact, however.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby uNkNowN ElEmEnt » Thu 02 Apr 2009, 03:24:34

Its interesting. he doesn't know his tree of life though. But he comes up with some interesting points... if you are into the whole power/illuminati kind of thing. (I'm still on the fence... other things to occupy my time as it were.)

I think Aris the Goddess of Chaos will win out in the end. She has been waiting for this for a long time.
uNkNowN ElEmEnt
Expert
Expert

Unread postby threadbear » Thu 02 Apr 2009, 14:30:39

When I read it, it just resonated with how I perceive human action and interaction, both politically and on a more local level. It's not a cut and dried portrayal of the ruling class as a static, discreet entity., as portrayed by Marxists. On the other hand, it does nothing to undercut the central idea of Marxism, which is that power tends to concentrate in the hands of the few.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jupiters_release » Thu 02 Apr 2009, 18:10:02

There wasn't any evidence in that article, seemed very imaginative.

threadbear wrote:When I read it, it just resonated with how I perceive human action and interaction, both politically and on a more local level.

This I agree with all the way up to the national and corporate-shell-game level. Dog eat dog gangsterism, just your time tested divide and conquer technique present in all of western history, there's nothing new or amorphous about our culture. But again, at the central banking level, with a monopoly on money creation they can financially reward as many levels down the hierarchy pyramid as needed. If one is extremely well compensated one has no selfish reason to rock the boat. Take congressmen for example, they all got their position because they were willing to take their bribe salaries to never question the policies the banks create and have them sign into law. The media even reported how the thousand plus page original bailout bills were passed a day after it was released before anyone, including the congressmen who signed it, had time to read it. 'Rogues' like Ron Paul are good too because they provide a mouthpiece for the public, what I call appeasement policy. A perfectly fixed global economy can afford the illusion of a free market. At least until this derivatives fraud exposed itself, and certainly not after post-peakoil kicks in. :twisted:

http://market-ticker.org/archives/925-T ... tives.html :!:
Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish opinions.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Economics & Finance