Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Campaign for Liberty man harassed by TSA

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Campaign for Liberty man harassed by TSA

Unread postby Micki » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 23:45:20

Once again electronic devices come to good use as the conversation is recorded.
TSA questions the man for having cash ($4700). His response to most questions is to ask "am I legallay required to answer that question" , which they of course do not answer but go on becoming angry.
What is told in the clip was that he also carried Ron Paul letterature and bumper stickers with him which might have added to aggression by TSA as Ron Paul followers nowadays are KNOWN maybe as potential MILITIA and as such maybe potential TERRORISTS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMB6L487LHM

And here is the ring leader himself speaking on the house floor about increasing military budgets, unlimited money printing spending .......as being somethign BAD
The horror the horror. He must be a terrorist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhiU3kSY ... re=related
Micki

Re: Campaign for Liberty man harassed by TSA

Unread postby Jotapay » Fri 10 Apr 2009, 09:24:45

I heard this and it seemed to be exactly what I feared this country would come to. A bunch of low-education goons trying to enforce their will and extremely-uninformed interpretation of the law on you.

This is what I know about how to handle a situation like this:

1. Generally you do not have to allow a search or go anywhere unless there is evidence (probable cause) that you have broken a law. You do not have to answer any questions.

2. If you do answer a question and you tell a lie, then that is an offense (especially with the FBI). They can arrest you and you open everything of yours to a search.

So the moral is: never tell a lie, especially to the FBI, and you do not have to answer their questions. I would have called my lawyer the minute these guys started harassing me. You can see the TSA tried to manipulate and mislead him to get what they wanted, even though they really had no right to the information. This young man behaved perfectly. He didn't lie but he didn't tell them anything that he wasn't required to tell them either.
Last edited by Jotapay on Sat 11 Apr 2009, 07:29:40, edited 1 time in total.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Arsenal » Fri 10 Apr 2009, 11:06:31

The country is in a sore state when the "enforcers" don't even know the rights protecting people. And when someone exercise their rights, they get the 3rd degree. How many people would have just rolled over and told them what the TSA agents wanted? I would say at least 95%.
If the American people ever allow the banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied. T Jefferson
Arsenal
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AgentR » Fri 10 Apr 2009, 15:28:26

Real lesson from this? Give up flying.

If you can't give up flying, understand that those working for the government have the power to take, keep, and or destroy anything you take with you, detain you for hours or days for their amusement, and if you manage to get the abuse documented in a way that is mildly embarrassing to someone in power; you might get a double-speak framed evasion response, coupled with being placed on a list of people in need of "additional screening".

Thats the country that we live in.
Its just the way it is. If you must fly, just keep your head down, carry nothing that you won't mind having taken, and be as submissive and compliant as possible.

For myself, I will not be treated in this manner, and have thus given up flying.
Yes, we are. As we are.
And so shall we remain; Until the end.
AgentR
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby patience » Fri 10 Apr 2009, 19:14:17

Flying has, without exception been a bum experience for me, even 20 to 30 years ago, when airlines acted like they wanted your business. Under present circumstances, I cannot understand anyone wanting to get on an airplane.
Local fix-it guy..
patience
Resting in Peace

Return to North America Discussion