Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

ttx isle of man race

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

ttx isle of man race

Unread postby Vegas » Sat 11 Apr 2009, 11:45:19

link A horrible place to showcase EV's, but still cool, in a sorta way. There are 2(!) companies in ashland (where I am) going to this (barefoot,brammo). Even weirder, have at one time or another, worked for both companies.

The neat thing about this race is it forces folk to build a vehicle that doesn't Expletive deleted.. It has to go fast and go a long way, something like what you or me want a vehicle to do. Watching my buddy at barefoot shoehorn a 200+lbs of battery into a bike nearly makes me want one.

18 teams have signed up, pretty good. 37 mile lap, with 1000cc gas bike averaging almost 130mph, I will be surprized if an electric averages more than 100mph. Hard to say though, racing is: How Fast Do You Want To Go=How Much Do You Want To Spend. Somebody might be able to cram 15-20kwh on to a bike, by spending realy alot :mrgreen:

The pushing of the race as zero emmission is lame. Guilt VS guiltfree racing don't ice with anyone. If EVs are going to do well, they have to do so by being better than gas rigs.
Vegas
Peat
Peat

Return to Energy Technology