Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The creature from Jeckyll Island - THE END

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

The creature from Jeckyll Island - THE END

Unread postby hope_full » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 06:37:37

Who here has read these final pages of this book? It was written in the 1990s, yet the ending is playing out *exactly* as the author predicted. I mean - spot on. The VERY ending, when we're all nothing more little worker bees for a world government scares the beejeebies out of me.

Has anyone else here noticed that this guy nailed it? And from a distance of several years ago?

Is anyone in a position of power reading this book? Because if they are, they should DO something to stop this runaway train. And frankly, outside of this forum, I had never heard of this book. WHY IS THAT?

Would love to hear from others on this topic. In my many years of reading, I've never come across a book that predicted the future with such uncanny precision as this book has.
hope_full
Lignite
Lignite

Re: The creature from Jeckyll Island - THE END

Unread postby Jotapay » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 07:24:56

There are a lot of folks who discuss this book, but you have to go search for them. The mainstream media completely ignores and ridicules them. Mike Rivera, Alex Jones, Jim Tucker, etc.

The reason it's so spot on is because think tank reports lay out the TPTB's goals for the next 10-20 years, and possible methods to accomplish those goals. The Council on Foreign Relations and also the Trilateral Commission are good ones. Did you see the most recent CFR report about planning for a world government? Most people just don't believe them because the documents don't fit their paradigm of what is possible and should be, so their mind goes into cognitive dissonance and basically shuts off.

http://www.cfr.org/content/thinktank/CF ... rogram.pdf

International Institutions and Global Governance Program
World Order in the 21st Century
A New Initiative of the Council on Foreign Relations

May 1, 2008

The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) has launched a comprehensive five-year program on international institutions and global governance. The purpose of this cross-cutting initiative is to explore the institutional requirements for world order in the twenty-first century. The undertaking recognizes that the architecture of global governance—largely reflecting the world as it existed in 1945—has not kept pace with fundamental changes in the international system, including but not limited to globalization. Existing multilateral arrangements thus provide an inadequate foundation for addressing today’s most pressing threats and opportunities and for advancing U.S. national and broader global interests. The program seeks to identify critical weaknesses in current frameworks for multilateral cooperation; propose specific reforms tailored to new global circumstances; and promote constructive U.S. leadership in building the capacities of existing organizations and in sponsoring new, more effective regional and global institutions and partnerships. This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Robina Foundation.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mattduke » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 08:34:38

mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby TWilliam » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 13:22:23

Jotapay wrote:Most people just don't believe them because the documents don't fit their paradigm of what is possible and should be, so their mind goes into cognitive dissonance and basically shuts off.

That, or they've been successfully implanted with the media's favorite critical-thinking kill switch. You know... the one triggered by the words 'conspiracy theory'... :roll:
"It means buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, because Kansas? Is goin' bye-bye... "
TWilliam
Expert
Expert

Unread postby perdition79 » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 13:31:59

hope_full wrote:Who here has read these final pages of this book? It was written in the 1990s, yet the ending is playing out *exactly* as the author predicted. I mean - spot on. The VERY ending, when we're all nothing more little worker bees for a world government scares the beejeebies out of me.

Has anyone else here noticed that this guy nailed it? And from a distance of several years ago?

Is anyone in a position of power reading this book? Because if they are, they should DO something to stop this runaway train. And frankly, outside of this forum, I had never heard of this book. WHY IS THAT?

Would love to hear from others on this topic. In my many years of reading, I've never come across a book that predicted the future with such uncanny precision as this book has.

Only difference between reality and "Jekyll Island" is that the global currency won't be called the Bancor. It's damn scary, but it's the inevitable path, and we're just about there.

One thing that the average joe 12-pack needs to realize is that your money is your vote. Nothing conspiracy-theory about that. Re-localization of wealth is the first step to a more robust America, at least until our currency implodes.
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/

"We are building a religion; we are building it bigger. We are widening the corridors and adding more lanes."
Cake - Comfort Eagle
perdition79
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Jotapay » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 14:03:00

TWilliam wrote:
Jotapay wrote:Most people just don't believe them because the documents don't fit their paradigm of what is possible and should be, so their mind goes into cognitive dissonance and basically shuts off.

That, or they've been successfully implanted with the media's favorite critical-thinking kill switch. You know... the one triggered by the words 'conspiracy theory'... :roll:

Jesus, you really are an idiot. Something could be white and you'd say it's black. Did you read the global governance report? Every administration since LBJ has been stocked with CFR members. It's right in front of your bovine face and you still deny it exists?
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby TWilliam » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 14:29:02

Jotapay wrote:
TWilliam wrote:

Jesus, you really are an idiot. Something could be white and you'd say it's black. Did you read the global governance report? Every administration since LBJ has been stocked with CFR members. It's right in front of your bovine face and you still deny it exists?

Umm... I was agreeing with you Jotapay...
TWilliam
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Jotapay » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 21:06:19

TWilliam wrote:Umm... I was agreeing with you Jotapay...

My sincerest apologies. I thought you were ascribing the "conspiracy theory" label to the report and book. Sorry. :oops:
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby TWilliam » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 21:22:57

Jotapay wrote:
TWilliam wrote:Umm... I was agreeing with you Jotapay...

My sincerest apologies. I thought you were ascribing the "conspiracy theory" label to the report and book. Sorry. :oops:

No worries, it happens. I was referring to those who would affix that label to such material as a convenient means of dismissing it without critical analysis...
TWilliam
Expert
Expert

Unread postby TheDude » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 21:45:36

Never read CFJK but listened to the interview with G Edward on FSN a few weeks back, and Puplava rhapsodized a lot about his calls. Most of them were pretty generalized from the sounds of things, though, nothing that a bearish mind with a bent towards fascist scenarios building up wouldn't see coming eventually.

I don't have much confidence in a pioneer John Bircher who says global warming is an environmentalist conspiracy, either.
Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Jotapay » Wed 22 Apr 2009, 22:53:58

TheDude wrote:I don't have much confidence in a pioneer John Bircher who says global warming is an environmentalist conspiracy, either.

I hate how these guys think human-influenced global warming is a scam. But what they are focusing on is the fact that banks and governments have latched onto the issue, but only with the intent to levy taxes on the public for their activities for the purpose of gaining another revenue source. That is the source of their mistrust for the premise of global warming.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby TWilliam » Thu 23 Apr 2009, 00:09:16

Jotapay wrote:I hate how these guys think human-influenced global warming is a scam. But what they are focusing on is the fact that banks and governments have latched onto the issue, but only with the intent to levy taxes on the public for their activities for the purpose of gaining another revenue source. That is the source of their mistrust for the premise of global warming.

Leaving aside the profit motive for the moment, what might be an effective alternative to carbon taxation, Jotapay?

History seems to indicate that humans, in the aggregate at least, are largely disinclined to do the 'right' thing, favoring instead the expedient. Education about the issue doesn't seem to be especially effective beyond perhaps a very small enlightened minority; hell, there have been people trying to educate us into a more 'ecological' cultural direction since at least the sixties, and it doesn't appear as if much progress has been made (exporting our pollution to the Third World is not 'progress').

So what else is there? It seems that the only thing that fairly consistently moves the largest percentage of humanity, at least in a Capitalist society, is either positive financial reward or negative financial burden. It seems to me rather unlikely that you're going to convince people to stop excessive consumption by paying them to do so. After all, what use is more money if you're not supposed to spend it? So then what is the alternative? Pricing non-essentials so exorbitantly (through taxation) that people really have to examine the impact of gluttonous excess, upon their own fiscal wellbeing if nothing else, seems to be a pretty effective approach to me.

Any better ideas?
TWilliam
Expert
Expert

Return to Economics & Finance