Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

HR 2326 and the Doomsday Book

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Unread postby Graeme » Tue 19 May 2009, 16:30:31

Late in the year 1085, William I (William the Conquer) of England ordered his counsellors to conduct a kingdom-wide survey to find out how much property and livestock each landholder had and what it was worth. The book containing those tax rolls became known through the writings of Richard fitzNagel in 1179 as the Domesday Book, from whence we get the corrupted term Doomsday: the "Day of Judgement."

On the same day President Barack Obama announced the federal government's new, unified fuel economy standards, Congressmen Roscoe Barlett (R, MD) and Eliot Engel (D, NY) introduced HR 2326, otherwise known as the Oil Savings Act.

The passage of HR 2326 sets the nation on record that peak oil is an inevitable event that must be prepared for by setting oil savings goals starting with 2.5 million barrels a day by 2015, or nearly 1 billion barrels annually. Not coincidentally, President Obama's announcement today is estimated to save 1.8 billion barrels "over the lifetime of the vehicles sold in the next five years." Achieving the even more demanding goals for 2025 and 2030 will require a major shift away from petroleum use in motor vehicles well beyond that envisioned in the President's initiatives.

http://evworld.com/blogs/index.cfm?authorid=12&blogid=743&archive=1
Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. H. G. Wells.
Fatih Birol's motto: leave oil before it leaves us.
Graeme
Fusion
Fusion

Re: HR 2326 and the Doomsday Book

Unread postby doddington » Tue 19 May 2009, 17:46:42

So Obama is going to require cars and trucks to average 3.5. mpg by 2016. Such irresonsibility. Is he really that uninformed? Is he living in fantasy land? To be generous, he's going to be "a day late and a dollar short". The only practical way to address the looming collision between supply and demand is to use basic economics and self interest, in a way that puts money into U.S. citizens' pockets rather than into OPEC's pockets, as outlined in http://www.conserve-oil.com. $7,000 per household, just think about it!
doddington
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Jotapay » Tue 19 May 2009, 18:05:25

What does Obama have to do with William the Conqueror?
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Chuckmak » Tue 19 May 2009, 19:57:56

Jotapay wrote:What does Obama have to do with William the Conqueror?

You're a conspiracy theorist, I'm sure you can make a connection somewhere.
"if god doesn't exist, it is necessary that we invent him" - Voltaire

"they say prescott bush funded hitler" - Nas

Chuckmak
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Tue 19 May 2009, 20:40:37

Chuckmak wrote:

Williams initials were "WTC" and I'm pretty sure he was a mulatto Hawaiian secret Muslim.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Chuckmak » Tue 19 May 2009, 22:07:51

PrestonSturges wrote:
Chuckmak wrote:

Williams initials were "WTC" and I'm pretty sure he was a mulatto Hawaiian secret Muslim.

^^^ THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, PEOPLE!

Chuckmak
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mos6507 » Wed 20 May 2009, 00:16:00

How many other bills like this has Barltett tried to get going? Is this going to be another case where he monologues to empty pews?
mos6507

Unread postby Jotapay » Wed 20 May 2009, 01:14:47

Chuckmak wrote:

1. You made an unprovoked personal attack dripping with condescension.
2. You didn't help your personal attack by supporting it with any evidence. Please explain your point.
3. Your "argument", if you want to call it that, is constructed like prepubescent insults on a 1st grade playground.
4. Such unfocused technique and unwarranted venom paints a decidedly poor picture of your character and mental acuity.
5. You choose to attack others unprovoked.
6. You also choose to refrain from logical discourse.

I'm very interested in your response, seeing the decidedly poor quality of your first one. I'm guessing the bar for your posts will be lowered even further into the levels of logic hell, but I'm willing to give you a chance to improve. Surprise me with something to accurately support your assertions!
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Chuckmak » Wed 20 May 2009, 16:33:38

Jotapay wrote:
Chuckmak wrote:

1. You made an unprovoked personal attack dripping with condescension.
2. You didn't help your personal attack by supporting it with any evidence. Please explain your point.
3. Your "argument", if you want to call it that, is constructed like prepubescent insults on a 1st grade playground.
4. Such unfocused technique and unwarranted venom paints a decidedly poor picture of your character and mental acuity.
5. You choose to attack others unprovoked.
6. You also choose to refrain from logical discourse.

I'm very interested in your response, seeing the decidedly poor quality of your first one. I'm guessing the bar for your posts will be lowered even further into the levels of logic hell, but I'm willing to give you a chance to improve. Surprise me with something to accurately support your assertions!

You sound a little upset there, buddy. One thing (as a "reformed" conspiracy theorist) is this. Y'all give TPTB *TOO* much credit. However, when you look and look, they have created a system where they're to the point where they no longer can fully control it. It has grown so big and so complex and so out there that they're losing their grip on things. Will they try to push forward a NWO-type agenda? Sure they will, and they have. HOWEVER, they system has too many wild cards that they have either not taken into account, popped up recently, or really can't control. Try as they might, and there's going to be a lot of pain involved, they will ultimately fail. It's just the way of the world. So sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the ride. TPTB will drag the world through hell and back before the ship is righted and we're rid of them, but it's just a matter of course. What worries me is when TPTB finally realize they don't have control, that, my CT friend, is when SHTF, and they will be their own casualty (casualties? TPTB are more than one person, correct?) of something that is of their own creation. It is not on some Matrix "Ignorance is bliss" type sh*t I'm on, I just realize that in the end, TPTB's efforts will be futile, Their NWO-like creation is going to lead to their ultimate downfall. Remember that.

Chuckmak
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Jotapay » Thu 21 May 2009, 10:38:12

Chuckmak wrote:You sound a little upset there, buddy.

If you are looking for a patsy, it ain't me. I stand up for myself.

I don't have a problem with and actually agree with most of the rest of your post.

But, initially I was just asking a question about the connection between Obama and William the Conqueror. That's it.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Chuckmak » Thu 21 May 2009, 14:42:51

Jotapay wrote:
Chuckmak wrote:You sound a little upset there, buddy.

If you are looking for a patsy, it ain't me. I stand up for myself.

I don't have a problem with and actually agree with most of the rest of your post.

But, initially I was just asking a question about the connection between Obama and William the Conqueror. That's it.

and you got defensive and hurt about it. you ask me to be more forthcoming and i did. now, if you agree with the rest of my post, why bother with conspiracy theories and the powers that be?

Chuckmak
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Jotapay » Thu 21 May 2009, 16:01:09

Chuckmak wrote:and you got defensive and hurt about it.

No, I just hit back. If you do that, make sure you are ready for the teeth. It was your decision, live with it.

Is "Graeme" one of your other handles or something? I wasn't even talking to you but you're on this mission to insert yourself as the object of my question for some reason.

My question still stands, what in blazes does William the Conqueror have to do with Obama and this bill and some Doomsday Book? There is no connection so why was it posted? It makes no sense.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mos6507 » Thu 21 May 2009, 16:45:20

Jotapay wrote:My question still stands, what in blazes does William the Conqueror have to do with Obama and this bill and some Doomsday Book? There is no connection so why was it posted? It makes no sense.

It's called topic-drift and you're just making matters worse. Just let it go, man.
mos6507

Unread postby Jotapay » Thu 21 May 2009, 23:59:08

mos6507 wrote:It's called topic-drift and you're just making matters worse. Just let it go, man.

You're a good kid, Mos. Even though we disagree a lot, we're on the same side in the end.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to North America Discussion