Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stench of (more) corruption

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Stench of (more) corruption

Unread postby Micki » Tue 02 Jun 2009, 00:05:02

Since I learnt about Summers paper on Gold price surpression (Gibsons paradox and the gold standard), I've been very sus about this character. Probably rightfully so.

Is Larry Summers Taking Kickbacks From the Banks He's Bailing Out?
Last month, a little-known company where Summers served on the board of directors received a $42 million investment from a group of investors, including three banks that Summers, Obama’s effective “economy czar,” has been doling out billions in bailout money to: Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanley. The banks invested into the small startup company, Revolution Money, right at the time when Summers was administering the “stress test” to these same banks.

http://www.alternet.org/story/140327/?page=entire
Micki

Re: Stench of (more) corruption

Unread postby Micki » Wed 03 Jun 2009, 23:19:05

And here is some more;
Anyone not yet convinced the banking mafia has hijacked the government?

The Democratic Chairman of the Agriculture Committee yesterday announced to the press that “The banks run the place,” in reference to the US Congress. He is the second notable elected official to speak out in recent weeks over the gross and institutionally corrupt conflict of interest on Capitol Hill

http://www.prisonplanet.com/leading-dem ... nkers.html
Micki

Unread postby Jotapay » Thu 04 Jun 2009, 01:02:56

Of course and yes.
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jupiters_release » Thu 04 Jun 2009, 05:09:22

$8 million's a negligible commission percentage-wise for helping to broker untold billions. If Summers' been important in getting the bailouts done he probably deserves more imo. Not that I'd complain if I were in his shoes. :-D
Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish opinions.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to North America Discussion