Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Production Dataset Before 1960

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Production Dataset Before 1960

Unread postby econoutlook » Mon 08 Jun 2009, 10:27:07

Hi everyone, I apologize in advance if I missed this in a search of the forums.

I'm trying to do some production modeling but I am having trouble finding data before 1960. Do any of you know of or have access to global crude production data from before 1960? I've been able to find a lot of charts and graphs, but I need something in text form to build the models.

Just as a note, I was able to find US production dating back to the earliest wells, so I'm set there. I was mainly wondering about global crude production before 1960 and if there are any reliable country-by-country datasets as well. Most of what I've found has been hit or miss and I thought this community would know if any (relatively) good data was out there. :)

Edit: if anyone is curious, I'm working on some models that show how fuel efficiency and other conservation measures are usurped by long term population and demand growth unless fundamental consumption is addressed.
econoutlook
Wood
Wood

Re: Production Dataset Before 1960

Unread postby watercut » Mon 08 Jun 2009, 13:24:25

Coal;

I have been down this path before and the data is certainly spotty for pre-1960. You can obtain data from various sources, however, I don't think the accuracy is acceptable.

Good Luck and post your findings once complete.
watercut
Wood
Wood

Return to Peak Oil Discussion