Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Costa Rica + Panama

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

unite Costa Rica and Panama as 1 country?

yes
33%
no
33%
unsure
33%
neither (explain)
No votes

Total votes : 6

Costa Rica + Panama

Unread postby bodigami » Thu 09 Jul 2009, 10:02:46

as the "Estados Ambientalistas Unidos de América" (EAUA)... a proposal.
bodigami
Permanently Banned

Re: Costa Rica + Panama

Unread postby Sixstrings » Thu 09 Jul 2009, 10:17:56

bodigami wrote:as the "Estados Ambientalistas Unidos de América" (EAUA)... a proposal.

What's this about? Is there serious discussion about this in these two countries? That would surprise me.. Costa Rica's been a (mostly) quiet peaceful place, why would you wanna upset the applecart?

As for Panama, I don't much about it other than I'd assume they wouldn't be keen on sharing the canal revenues.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby bodigami » Tue 14 Jul 2009, 01:48:12

Sixstrings wrote:What's this about? Is there serious discussion about this in these two countries? That would surprise me.. Costa Rica's been a (mostly) quiet peaceful place, why would you wanna upset the applecart? As for Panama, I don't much about it other than I'd assume they wouldn't be keen on sharing the canal revenues.

Panama has no army. Bocas del Toro should be part of Costa Rica. They stole that lands long ago, back when they were part of the Colombian empire. It REALLY makes sense. No Nicaragua, no Colombia... just Panama and Costa Rica... united as a parlamentary country... Panama is shorter as a name... so it has my vote, but the flag can be of Costa Rica (+a green band on the upper side, and just 3 bands of equal size... see: flag of Italy) and the Colón can be kept.
bodigami
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 14 Jul 2009, 01:53:58

Me parece un idea excelente!
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby bodigami » Sat 18 Jul 2009, 02:02:22

Ibon wrote:Me parece un idea excelente!

jejeje, excelente... hay gente que concuerda! with 1 referendum in each country we can unite as 1 single country!
bodigami
Permanently Banned

Return to North America Discussion