Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The US is now officially a 3rd world country

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

The US is now officially a 3rd world country

Unread postby seldom_seen » Sun 09 Aug 2009, 22:37:38

The only question remains...will we be able to maintain our 3rd world status or move right to failed state?

If you stack up all the indicators, especially debt, deficit, and servitude to an international banking cartel. You can now safely stack us in the list with Jamaica, Mexico, Brazil, Egypt, Pakistan...etc...

Why did it take so long? We were probably just the last on the list. After setting and exploding debt traps on so many other countries. They were just out of targets.

It's clear now though, that we were only as good as our credit cards. Once we stopped spending we weren't "buddies, amigos" anymore. It was time to pull up stakes, loot the national treasury and search for greener pastures.

Welcome to the 3rd world my fellow Americans. :)
But how the world turns. One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: The US is now officially a 3rd world country

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 00:42:31

I always thought I would retire to a third-world country with a warm climate. Now with global warming and an economy in collapse, I won't even have to move. Swell!
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby timmac » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 01:06:06

The way I see it if America becomes a 3rd world than what will happen to the 3rd worlds now that depend a lot on us now, they will be even worse off, than we won't be such a bad 3rd world than, you have to go to a real 3rd worlds to see what it is really like than you will see we are far from it..

Not saying that are economy is hunky doory however.. :lol:
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 02:33:01

timmac wrote:The way I see it if America becomes a 3rd world than what will happen to the 3rd worlds now that depend a lot on us now, they will be even worse off, than we won't be such a bad 3rd world than, you have to go to a real 3rd worlds to see what it is really like than you will see we are far from it.

It's a common fallacy that third world countries would be worse off without our "help".

The fact is, without us rolling in every few years to topple their governments and plunder their resources, many "third world" countries would be in far better shape than they are now.
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby timmac » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 02:49:52

When the top consumer of the worlds most goods are not consuming than you think they won't sink as well, we produce such little here but most is consumed here, I suspect if we fall that hard in our economy they will fall even farther down that rat hole, America or any large world consumer that falls will take many other countries down with it, don't fool yourself and think we are alone in this, that's way many other countries are scared now about our economy, they know if we go so do they...

You can post this in the HOF and flame me when proven wrong, but I highly doubt that I am..

:-D :o :mrgreen:
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Southpaw » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 06:18:38

timmac wrote:When the top consumer of the worlds most goods are not consuming than you think they won't sink as well, we produce such little here but most is consumed here, I suspect if we fall that hard in our economy they will fall even farther down that rat hole, America or any large world consumer that falls will take many other countries down with it, don't fool yourself and think we are alone in this, that's way many other countries are scared now about our economy, they know if we go so do they...

You can post this in the HOF and flame me when proven wrong, but I highly doubt that I am..

:-D :o :mrgreen:

Seriously are you an idiot or something?

most of the third world counties already can't sink lower then they are look at Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Belarus, Ukraine, Latvia, North Korea ... . And most of them thanks to the imperialism of the U.S.A.

Other countries exist 50% out of farmers they don't care if the economy collapses, everyone needs food anyways.

Oil producing countries probably collapse if U.S.A. can't import their oil for a while but then their infrastructure collapses too leading to peakoil happening even sooner.

every important resource that you guys can't consume anymore because you are broke will become so cheap that other countries finally get the change to import more instead of you pigs.

Not that a retard with a brain of a carrot will understand it go watch some O' Reilly more with gas freak Oily and monkey brain Anti Doomer.
Southpaw
Peat
Peat

Unread postby socrates1fan » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 09:36:41

We won't become a 3rd world country, everyone is just going to be knocked down a notch.
3rd world will be the new rich.
socrates1fan
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Fishman » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 10:09:24

Dream, I agree completely, let's stop all of our terrible foreign aid, minimize our contributions to the UN, take all our troops out. Those countries were doing so well before America became a world power. They were all so peaceful, economic dynamos at that. Ever heard of a history book?
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 10:19:38

Fishman wrote:Dream, I agree completely, let's stop all of our terrible foreign aid, minimize our contributions to the UN, take all our troops out. Those countries were doing so well before America became a world power. They were all so peaceful, economic dynamos at that. Ever heard of a history book?

So, what are you saying?
vision-master

Unread postby hillsidedigger » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 10:43:33

All of the few survivors in the world after the oil crash (considering climate disruption, biodiversity loss and world soil degradation also) will be living at best what we now call a 3rd. World type of life with no electricity, no motors of any kind with food, water, shelter and transportation being only what people can provide for themselves or as a part of a small community.
hillsidedigger
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby lateStarter » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 11:59:35

hillsidedigger wrote:All of the few survivors in the world after the oil crash (considering climate disruption, biodiversity loss and world soil degradation also) will be living at best what we now call a 3rd. World type of life with no electricity, no motors of any kind with food, water, shelter and transportation being only what people can provide for themselves or as a part of a small community.

Agreed. Those in the current third-world countries probably won't even notice the difference when the first-world countries collapse. They have had years/centuries of practice improvising just to survive. What are all the folks in Atlanta and Las Vegas going to do when the shelves at Walmart are bare?
We have been brought into the present condition in which we are unable neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them. - Livy
lateStarter
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 12:01:41

Fishman wrote:Dream, I agree completely, let's stop all of our terrible foreign aid, minimize our contributions to the UN, take all our troops out. Those countries were doing so well before America became a world power. They were all so peaceful, economic dynamos at that.

So we're in agreement, then. Good to hear.

Fishman wrote:Ever heard of a history book?

Of course I have. The problem is only one side of a conflict gets to write them.
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 12:33:01

you guys have no idea of what a third country is , don't you.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Gorm » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 12:43:18

hillsidedigger wrote:All of the few survivors in the world after the oil crash (considering climate disruption, biodiversity loss and world soil degradation also) will be living at best what we now call a 3rd. World type of life with no electricity, no motors of any kind with food, water, shelter and transportation being only what people can provide for themselves or as a part of a small community.

Why will there not be any electricity? That is just stupid. Why will there not be any motors?

Pretorian wrote:you guys have no idea of what a third country is , don't you.

I dont think they do, actaully.
Gorm
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby hillsidedigger » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 12:58:12

"Why will there not be any electricity?"

OK, no widespread electrical grids. There could still be limited, very local electricity for awhile but without a continued base of high-tech manufacturing even locally produced electricty will eventually dwindle..
hillsidedigger
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby hillsidedigger » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 13:11:55

"Those in the current third-world countries probably won't even notice the difference when the first-world countries collapse."

The current '3rd. World' regions have far more people now than ever before and so they are in for a rough ride also as their numbers become corrected.
hillsidedigger
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Gorm » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 13:16:20

hillsidedigger wrote:"Why will there not be any electricity?"

OK, no widespread electrical grids. There could still be limited, very local electricity for awhile but without a continued base of high-tech manufacturing even locally produced electricty will eventually dwindle..

And why is that? I see no reason what so ever that electrcity will dissapear. Do you just make a statment of how you think it will be.. based on.. what you think? Or is it some kind of reasoning behind it?
Gorm
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby seldom_seen » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 13:19:07

I do. That's why I made this post. I have spent much time traveling in the "third world." I even married a woman from the "third world."

Based on my, and my wife's observations of what happens in the 3rd world and what is happening now in the US. There is no doubt in my mind that the US is a 3rd world country now.
But how the world turns. One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 15:29:35

seldom_seen wrote:

I do. That's why I made this post. I have spent much time traveling in the "third world." I even married a woman from the "third world."

Based on my, and my wife's observations of what happens in the 3rd world and what is happening now in the US. There is no doubt in my mind that the US is a 3rd world country now.

Ok, thats great . So what is a third world country?
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Mon 10 Aug 2009, 15:38:06

Southpaw wrote:
Seriously are you an idiot or something?

most of the third world counties already can't sink lower then they are look at Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Belarus, Ukraine, Latvia, North Korea ... . And most of them thanks to the imperialism of the U.S.A.

You know little about abilities to sink.

So,
Zimbabwe or Somalia is still doing far better than Easter Island.

Nigeria is just a fragmenting state but local (tribal) populations are well.

Afghanistan is successfully challenging US and (unlike US) it *is* a sustainable setup.

Pakistan is a nuclear weapon state.

Belarus has obsolete regime but otherwise is fine (much better off than Zimbabwe for example)

Ukraine have few cretins stuggling for power, but otherwise it is not a third world at all.

Latvia had to cut some social spending (that's good in fact - social spending destroys fabric of societies everywhere because it rises unrealistic expectations and demands) , but I would still prefer to live there than in Somalia.

And NK... well I would probably prefer to be a cannibal but free than to live there.
NB. Due to severe famine they are already turning to canibalism or eating their dead from time to time.
...and they are still an atomic weapon state and also managed to launch satellite.
That is likely to be a current first world future if they insist to pursue technological progress at any price despite of shrinking resource base.
Oil producing countries probably collapse if U.S.A. can't import their oil for a while but then their infrastructure collapses too leading to peakoil happening even sooner.

China will pay for a while longer and they will have their oil for domestic use as well.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to North America Discussion