Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Scientists explore how the humble leaf could power the plane

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Scientists explore how the humble leaf could power the plane

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 07:56:44

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... eaf-energy

Now scientists developing the next generation of clean power sources are working out how to copy, and ultimately improve upon, the humble leaf. The intricate chemistry involved in photosynthesis, the process where plants use sunlight to convert water and carbon dioxide into sugar, is the most effective solar energy conversion process on Earth. And researchers believe that mimicking parts of it could be the ticket to a limitless supply of clean power.
Last edited by TheAntiDoomer on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 08:22:11, edited 2 times in total.
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Scientists explore how the humble leaf could power the plane

Unread postby Niagara » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 08:04:05

This form of energy has been harnessed for thousands of years already. It's called "firewood".
Niagara
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Southpaw » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 12:14:19

Isn't it funny that this retard always put articles down here that are either Biased, Lies, or just plain stupid with no meaning what so ever and that nobody cares about except for gas fart Oily.

oh well how about next time put an release date on something when you post it dum dum. I would have been long broke if i started a business with only promises but anti doomer needs to find people who are stupid enough to invest in hoaxes like this.

Go fuck yourself
Southpaw
Peat
Peat

Unread postby timmac » Thu 13 Aug 2009, 04:10:23

I think I saw somthing similar on TV about your post there antidommer, it look rather interesting, it was on one of those science shows, I was only able to watch 15 min of it and had to leave, wish I could have seen more of it.

What the hell has crawled up your ass Southpaw, what he has posted was on TV as well, its not a lie and if you don't like what he post than just move on, 55 post for all the time you been a member since 2008 and I bet all of the post are as ignorant as this one.
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby dorlomin » Fri 14 Aug 2009, 16:33:51

Who is this supposed to impress? This is complete fluff. They do not even seem to have an idea of how to do this.

Why do people post this meandering guff without at least giving a write up on their own observations about the potential and limitations of this hypothetical technology.

IMO Threads without thought or comentary should just be merged into a single 'blue sky' thread.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby isgota » Fri 14 Aug 2009, 20:45:48

Actually, there are some examples of mimicking photosynthesis that are already proved like Dye-sensitized solar cells (maybe not like in a leaf but in a similar way to make electricity).

There are also research in direct water splitting for H2 production, but still has to improve.

Best.
isgota
Peat
Peat

Return to Energy Technology