Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bank Closures/Devaluation/New Currency

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Bank Closures/Devaluation/New Currency

Unread postby patience » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 09:32:04

"As to your Bank Holiday information of this morning, the following is from a close CIA connection, the way it will come down is that starting 8/24, groups of banks will be closed in certain regions of the country for a week or so. They will open again, and then other groups of banks in different regions will be closed; and on and on it will go, until all the banks in the country have gone through that process.
The banks will be opened with a new global currency. Indeed the ratio will be 1 to 6, or 1 to 12. Thus, if you had formerly $6M in the Bank, after a ratio of 1 to 6 with the new currency, you will get 1M value in the supposed new legal tender."
http://www.stevequayle.com/index1.html

Does this guy have any credibility? Sounds very iffy to me--anonymous, and all that. But if it's true........

Tinfoil?
Last edited by Ferretlover on Thu 13 Aug 2009, 15:01:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added quote notations.
Local fix-it guy..
patience
Resting in Peace

Re: Bank Closures/Devaluation/New Currency

Unread postby lordoverhack » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 09:39:36

The guy is full of Expletive deleted., the government wouldn't try anything like that. Could you imagine the riots? This isn't denial, there is no way the government would even try this, especially right now. So ignore the idiot and stop spreading baseless lies.

The guys website is nothing but advertisements for the end of the world Expletive deleted. , buy through his affiliate links though. He is a fear monger, whose website is aimed at making people more afraid which benefits his affiliates and gets his stupid incompetent brain dead non thinking viewers to put aside reality and common sense.

Guys like him are destroying this country, there may be real things to worry about, but people like him SHOULD be arrested for trying to cause un-needed panic by lying Adult content deleted., .
Last edited by Ferretlover on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 14:22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expletives & adult content text deleted.
lordoverhack
Permanently Banned

Unread postby jlw61 » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 10:15:33

What's really sad is that kids are not taught critical thinking skills. The question to ask is "What would people do if the government shut down the banks in five or six states?" Would they wait for their turn or would they go ape-shit and make a run on the banks? What would people do if all banks were closed down for even a few days since most people don't carry cash anymore?

I looked over the web site to see what there was; if there was anything that was not absolute trash. I loved the death camp stories and even though I've seen the videos of the supposed Indiana death camp, it's far from convincing. 130 death camps and *NO* exact addresses, coordinates, or even localities where they are supposed to have been built.
When somebody makes a statement you don't understand, don't tell him he's crazy. Ask him what he means. -- Otto Harkaman, Space Viking
jlw61
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby patience » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 10:40:38

Thanks for the replies. That was my take on it, but I had never heard of the guy before and wondered about him. I guess I'm having trouble sorting out tinfoil from real news these days. As said by others, yesterdays tinfoil is todays news. :( Gotta be super careful now.
Local fix-it guy..
patience
Resting in Peace

Unread postby crude_intentions » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 11:32:30

Banks don't close because of inflation they close because they run out of money. If a bank has 5billion in assets and a report comes out showing that they now have 1 billion. Yeah then your going to have a run as everyone tries to get thier money out.
Now if we were going to convert currency well that would be pretty easy given that 95% of a banks assets are 0's & 1's sitting on a server at the Fed Reserve. :wink:
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
- Albert Einstein
crude_intentions
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby gollum » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 12:22:09

I think if anything they would turn the 6m into 60m in order to wipe out all the bad debt
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 12:58:50

lordoverhack wrote:Could you imagine the riots?

Yeah, if the government were expecting wide-spread rioting, they would certainly take some sort of measures to prevent them. You know, like transfering 20,000 active duty troops to NORTHCOM as a "rapid reaction force".

Good thing that hasn't happened...
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby gollum » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 13:05:57

The day the government, after al their screwups, decides to use troops against Americans, is the day that government is no longer legitimate and it's time for the next American revolution.
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby RdSnt » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 13:13:55

You can always spot a stupid conspiracy theory. They are always way too complicated. :-D
Gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer.
Everything is coincident.
Love: the state of suspended anticipation.
To get any appreciable distance from the Earth in
a sensible amount of time, you must lie.
RdSnt
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby billg » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 17:42:54

lordoverhack wrote:The guy is full of Expletive deleted., the government wouldn't try anything like that. Could you imagine the riots? This isn't denial, there is no way the government would even try this, especially right now. So ignore the idiot and stop spreading baseless lies.
The guys website is nothing but advertisements for the end of the world Expletive deleted. , buy through his affiliate links though. He is a fear monger, whose website is aimed at making people more afraid which benefits his affiliates and gets his stupid incompetent brain dead non thinking viewers to put aside reality and common sense.
Guys like him are destroying this country, there may be real things to worry about, but people like him SHOULD be arrested for trying to cause un-needed panic by lying Adult content deleted., .

You need to calm down....regardless of whether or not this info is accurate, there is certainly no harm in fearmongering about the economy...its not like the people at the top of the pyramid aren't lying their asses off...if anything the general public should be a LOT more concerned than they are about the state of the economy. The faster people can dump the dollar economy and move towards locally based currencies/trade, the better.
"It is no measure of health to be deemed sane in an insane society" J. Krishnamurti

Second Attention
billg
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby billg » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 17:55:30

Here is the inside story about the coming bank holiday:
http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/edito ... /0716.html
"It is no measure of health to be deemed sane in an insane society" J. Krishnamurti

Second Attention
billg
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby billg » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 19:31:19

Second Attention
billg
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby biofuel13 » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 20:04:56

billg wrote:Here is the inside story about the coming bank holiday:
http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/edito ... /0716.html

Link is broken. The youtube link is Alex Jones so it might as well be a broken link.lol.
How about some actual info?
"With man gone will there be hope for gorilla? With gorilla gone will there be hope for man?" --Ishmael by D. Quinn
biofuel13
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 12 Aug 2009, 21:31:13

"They" don't have to DO anything overt to cause folk's dollar based wealth to collapse. The dollar will fall apart in time, due to the unsupportable amount of our debt.

The only way to avoid that would be by the politicans getting their act together and acting responsibly, by prioritizing programs and balancing the budgets.

With their constituents continuing to migrate overall to the attitude of "take care of us" and "we want something for nothing" - how likely to you think it is that the majority of our elected lawmakers will act responsibly? 0%? As much as 1% perhaps?

It's just a question of timing. Things like oil, gold, silver, and quality stocks may or may not hold their value better than the dollar over time - but my money is betting that they do, handily.

And when it happens (or if gradual, gets so bad it's apparent to all) you can bet, straight out of "Atlas Shrugged" that the folks in charge will whine in unison "It's not our fault!"
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Thu 13 Aug 2009, 01:39:51

gollum wrote:The day the government, after al their screwups, decides to use troops against Americans, is the day that government is no longer legitimate and it's time for the next American revolution.

I sure hope that never happens...
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 30 Jan 2014, 11:16:39

HSBC limiting withdrawls
Several HSBC customers in England have complained of being stopped from withdrawing large amounts of their own money because they could not provide proof of what they planned to use it for.
Listeners told BBC Radio 4’s MoneyBox program that they were stopped from withdrawing amounts ranging from £5,000 to £10,000.
Stephen Cotton told the station that he tried to withdraw £7,000 from his savings account to pay back a loan from his mother.
“When we presented them with the withdrawal slip, they declined to give us the money because we could not provide them with a satisfactory explanation for what the money was for,” he said.
The bank apparently wanted a letter from Mr. Cotton’s mother.
“I said, ‘Can I have £5,000?’ They said no. I said, ‘Can I have £4,000?’ They said no. And then I wrote one out for £3,000 and they said, ‘OK, we’ll give you that,’” he said.
Mr. Cotton complained that he had made similar withdrawals before and had not been notified of any change in the rules.
Numerous others had reported problems, including a man who was asked to provide receipts for hotel bookings on his vacation.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/ ... z2rtXd7WtU
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby EdwinSm » Fri 31 Jan 2014, 06:49:12

Subjectivist wrote:HSBC limiting withdrawals

This seems to be an attempt to cut down on the 'grey-economy':

More from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25861717

Belinda Bell is another customer who was initially denied her cash, in her case to pay her builder

Any building firm would have a bank account, and to ask for payment in cash means that there is a good chance that some sort of tax fiddle is going on.

And it reports on another person who wanted £10 000 in cash, in part to pay a travel agent for a 'long-haul' trip!

That said... if you do need to build up a cash stock (in case of collapse etc) do it slowly so as not to draw attention to what you are doing. Another warning from this story is that the changes to the limit of cash withdrawal were done without warning or notice.
EdwinSm
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 31 Jan 2014, 07:16:52

I am still waiting for the World Bank to be created under UN auspices and start issuing both paper and electronic currency. It is the next logical step in the global Fiat money Ponzi scheme. Also the last step.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 31 Jan 2014, 08:44:07

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_(currency)

I think this might be the future after all.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Next

Return to Economics & Finance