Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Betraying our dead

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Betraying our dead

Unread postby AlexdeLarge » Fri 11 Sep 2009, 10:39:05

Betraying our dead
Eight years ago today, our homeland was attacked by fanatical Muslims inspired by Saudi Arabian bigotry. Three thousand American citizens and residents died.

We resolved that we, the People, would never forget. Then we forgot.

We've learned nothing.

Instead of cracking down on Islamist extremism, we've excused it.

Instead of killing terrorists, we free them.

Instead of relentlessly hunting Islamist madmen, we seek to appease them.

Instead of acknowledging that radical Islam is the problem, we elected a president who blames America, whose idea of freedom is the right for women to suffer in silence behind a veil -- and who counts among his mentors and friends those who damn our country or believe that our own government staged the tragedy of September 11, 2001. :

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.
AlexdeLarge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Betraying our dead

Unread postby Mesuge » Fri 11 Sep 2009, 17:21:33

Exactly, can't agree more with these points, but just consider the question of
appeasement for a moment. In fact and in gentle response to the 9/11
tragedy, the U.S. brought its renown tools of advanced civilization and
democracy to the rescue. Namely, devices such as cluster bombs,
depleted uranium or white-phosphorus ammunition and countless other
meassures of freedom tm fell directly into the bedrooms of the
Iraqi and Afghan children. According to DoD experts, the most prolific
terrorist known to civilized man in uniform.

Regrettably, a few hundred thousand of them died in direct action or as a
result of our bold reconstruction projects in infrustructure in those troubled
regions. However, the most impolite gesture of these peoples so far was
their unimpressed reaction to our proposal to use the mutilated bodies of
their young countryman as speciman to further the scientific horizons in
radio therapy and general medical science, a true gift for the
advancement of mankind.
DOOMerotron: at all-time high [8.3] out of 10..
Mesuge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby eXpat » Fri 11 Sep 2009, 18:45:20

Damn those terrorists that can bend the laws of physics with box-cutters and not even deign to be in the airplanes!!! :evil:
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 11 Sep 2009, 19:01:47

vision-master

Unread postby Livewire713 » Fri 11 Sep 2009, 21:46:30

What about the soldiers that have died in Iraq? Havent we betrayed them by letting Bush and Cheney just walk away from this war they started?

Where were these two fearless leaders on 9/11? Hiding in a bunker?
Livewire713
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby VZR1800 » Fri 11 Sep 2009, 22:04:20

Give it up Alex. You cannot have a quiet day of respect for the dead without the idiot "truthers" coming to ruin it for everyone. Them and their photochopped pictures and glorious youtube videos.

Best way to beat them is to just not even talk about it anymore. Let them yammer amongst themselves, they are the only ones who listen to the crappola anyhow.

Look at this site for example, the owner asked them to stay away for one day, and they could not help themselves. Then note all the negatives given to their comments. :mrgreen:

The Burning Platform

If we all ignore them, they will crawl back in their little corner and whither away.
VZR1800
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Lore » Fri 11 Sep 2009, 22:21:47

Yes, and while we're at it, how about all those Vietnamese, and those Germans, and Japanese? They all think we here in the US are still inferior to them. We can't allow that, I tell ya!

Lastly, why aren't we still persecuting those in the land of the shoeless down South? They betrayed and attacked our union too, didn't they? I know for fact many still hold a grudge.

Or, is our war on terrorism just like having a war on Nazi blitzkrieg? We're trying to fight a tactic and an ideology with guns and aircraft, not a people. The problem is the former are impervious to any known conventional weapons we may possess.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 11 Sep 2009, 22:24:05

The greatest betrayal of the dead is to accept lies and deceit about the way they died and who was responsible.
If those who think the NIST explaination is correct would encourage a truly independent formal reinvestigation of the events of 9/11; the myths on both sides could be dismissed once and for all.
The 9/11 dead and soldiers killed since as well as the public all deserve a proper, independent and formal investigation. How this equates to dishonoring the dead I do not understand at all.
There are questions which need answering; that is what the truth movement is about at it's core.
The truth is beyond politics.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby KrellEnergySource » Sat 12 Sep 2009, 00:37:16

Boy I hate that word "homeland". Is it just me that sees that as a term coined for a specific purpose, with the goal of a specific reaction/sentiment? I swear, it almost seems like that term alone is enough to convince me that a little psy op has been played on the people of the United States of America.
KrellEnergySource
Peat
Peat

Unread postby VZR1800 » Sat 12 Sep 2009, 01:28:47

pstarr wrote:You. Alex. Cause violence and hurt. So stop your f@cking lecturing.

I'll stand behind Alex, before ever even glancing at you! :x
VZR1800
Peat
Peat

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 12 Sep 2009, 01:32:53

VZR1800 wrote:
pstarr wrote:You. Alex. Cause violence and hurt. So stop your f@cking lecturing.
I'll stand behind Alex, before ever even glancing at you! :x

Alex' redeeming feature is his occaisional sense of humour and ambiguity; Alex is a scholar compared to you VZR :)
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby VZR1800 » Sat 12 Sep 2009, 01:47:00

SeaGypsy wrote:Alex' redeeming feature is his occaisional sense of humour and ambiguity; Alex is a scholar compared to you VZR :)

Hmmm, funny! I cannot recall ever claiming to be a scholar. :?:
Mind showing me where I claimed otherwise? :roll:
Sense of humor is a BIG waste of time. 8)
VZR1800
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Roy » Sat 12 Sep 2009, 07:25:50

Sense of humor is a BIG waste of time. 8)

What do you call swallowing the official propaganda hook, line, and sinker? What do you call making personal attacks on anyone who dares your question your beloved, 'official' truth?

You anti-truthers (for lack of a better term) attack truthers with a zeal that resembles the way a Baptist attacks people of other faiths when they question some of the Baptists' strange interpretations of their scripture.

That right there is reason enough for me to:

a: ignore the "idiot truther" posts completely as the ravings of a simple-minded, brainwashed individual incapable of critical thought -- the perfect product of the mainstream media and public education system.

b: believe that the truthers are on to something... or else why would every media figure and their brainwashed followers be so quick to call rational people idiots and lunatics at every opportunity?

It stinks to high heaven. And just whose interests are you protecting by attacking people who believe the government was not 100% truthful about 9/11?

Finally, regarding 9/11, I do feel bad for those who perished on that day. I would like very much to see the perpetrators brought to justice. First, we would need to figure out who they are. The FBI doesn't have OBL as a suspect because there is no evidence, other than a questionable video tape, to associate him with the crime. On the other hand, there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that points in a completely different and hard to swallow direction.

And haven't we killed more than enough people in Afghanistan to avenge the attack? How much longer do we wage counter-insurgency and waste mountains of money and some of America's best and brightest in the graveyard of empires, before we say "ok I think we're good now"?

Evidently the war party and its supporters will NEVER be satisfied and we will need to continue killing those 'brown skinned heathens who hate us for our freedom' forever to make some of you official story zealots happy. NEVER FORGET, right?

If you can't see something is deeply wrong with your thesis, then you, IMHO, fit the description in line a, above.

Read a frickin history book and turn off your TV for a few hours. Learn that governments do stage false flag attacks, and that our own government has done so in the past, and lied about it to further their agenda.

Its actually a common tactic of governments in the 20th century.
Roy
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AlexdeLarge » Sat 12 Sep 2009, 14:21:23

The global jihad is not over. There have now been over 14,000 deadly attacks carried out since that fateful September 11 in 2001 by believers in Muhammad's dictum that "Islam must dominate, and not be dominated."

Yet as a society we are farther away than ever from recognizing how exactly to combat this foe. The "war on terror," as restricted and misleading a concept as that was, is over. Yet the global jihad, and the stealth jihad in the West, is advancing on virtually all fronts. The President of the United States doesn't appear to be overly fond of freedom of speech, even as the Organization of the Islamic Conference continues to war against that freedom. There is still no honest discussion in the mainstream media about what exactly we are facing. Self-censorship and fear abound in government, law enforcement, media, and elsewhere.

There is only one irreducible truth that gives cause for hope on this day, and that is that free people still live.

Robert Spencer

http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/027517.php#respond
Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.
AlexdeLarge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 12 Sep 2009, 19:15:57

Global jihad is nothing more than propaganda. Eat well. :)
vision-master

Unread postby efarmer » Tue 15 Sep 2009, 08:06:11

Global strife, and human strife, is still very much a going project.
Always has, always will be, IMHO. People desiring power and the rule of their personal or group agendas will do almost anything to expand or preserve them. Nothing new here either. People pulling off heinous acts and burying them like a cat in the litter box is a fairly worn path to follow as well.

A strategy to divide and polarize our nation up and ratchet up the rhetoric as a solution is being sold by the left and right fringes as the way to get to the truth, to get back to our roots, to restore morality and decency.
This is a pretty old trick as well.

Yup, you still must divide to conquer and collaborate to preserve and to evolve. You are attempting to sell us the same old crap as a cure to the same old crap. Good luck with that.

I think you may be able to end up with two piles of crap though,
one on the left and one on the right. If finding the right crap is important to you, good hunting.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Tue 15 Sep 2009, 08:36:46

An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to North America Discussion