Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The American Conservative: "Who's Afraid of Sibel Edmonds?"

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

The American Conservative: "Who's Afraid of Sibel Edmonds?"

Unread postby Carlhole » Sat 19 Sep 2009, 02:38:32

'Explosive' Sibel Edmonds Cover Story at 'The American Conservative'

4,000 word exclusive interview with 'the gagged FBI whistleblower on espionage, al-Qaeda, and secrets for sale'...

Broke the news on air tonight. 4,000 word cover story on FBI translator turned whistleblower Sibel Edmonds in The American Conservative to hit stands and web tomorrow, by former CIA agent Phil Giraldi.

We'll pick this up tomorrow after I get a look at it. You East Coasters will likely beat me to it. But here's the teaser from TAC...:

American Conservative wrote:There’s a new issue of The American Conservative going to press today, and it includes a story that will make more than a few congressmen and foreign lobbyists intensely uncomfortable: an in-depth interview between Phil Giraldi and FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds. She tells us exactly how Turkish intelligence have penetrated national secrets, suborned government officials, and blackmailed Congress. It’s going to be explosive.

Good. Rightwingers are covering it. So hopefully that means the "liberal media" will now pay attention!

...In an email she just sent me just now, she notes: "We've been getting foreign MSM inquiries; tons. Zilch here; so far..."

Not much of a surprise by now. After all, what U.S. media would possibly care about members of the U.S. Congress and high-ranking State and Defense Dept. officials taking bribes, being blackmailed, and enabling the theft and sale of U.S. nuclear secrets? Even if the allegations came under sworn and video-taped deposition by a former FBI translator who overheard such things first hand. Non-story, apparently.

Is it just me? Or has it become completely obvious to most people that the US media censorship is widespread and unified?

For years, I've bemoaned the US media, but it didn't seem as bad to me as, say, the old Soviet press was. But now I'm much more willing to compare US media to the old Tass or Pravda, the main difference being that the US media is much more sneaky about the way it censors important stories and controls public opinion.

Sibel Edmonds, in her recent deposition, not only exposed bribery of top US politicians for nuclear secrets, but she also maintains that the US was in touch with Osama bin Laden right up until 911.
This is one of those stories that the mainstream media won't touch this story with a 1000-foot pole.
Carlhole

Re: The American Conservative: "Who's Afraid of Sibel Edmonds?"

Unread postby Carlhole » Tue 22 Sep 2009, 17:09:50

American Conservative

[b]EDMONDS: Okay. So these conversations, between 1997 and 2001, had to do with a Central Asia operation that involved bin Laden. Not once did anybody use the word “al-Qaeda.” It was always “mujahideen,” always “bin Laden” and, in fact, not “bin Laden” but “bin Ladens” plural. There were several bin Ladens who were going on private jets to Azerbaijan and Tajikistan. The Turkish ambassador in Azerbaijan worked with them.

There were bin Ladens, with the help of Pakistanis or Saudis, under our management. Marc Grossman was leading it, 100 percent, bringing people from East Turkestan into Kyrgyzstan, from Kyrgyzstan to Azerbaijan, from Azerbaijan some of them were being channeled to Chechnya, some of them were being channeled to Bosnia. From Turkey, they were putting all these bin Ladens on NATO planes. People and weapons went one way, drugs came back.

GIRALDI: Was the U.S. government aware of this circular deal?

EDMONDS: 100 percent. A lot of the drugs were going to Belgium with NATO planes. After that, they went to the UK, and a lot came to the U.S. via military planes to distribution centers in Chicago and Paterson, New Jersey. Turkish diplomats who would never be searched were coming with suitcases of heroin.

GIRALDI: And, of course, none of this has been investigated. What do you think the chances are that the Obama administration will try to end this criminal activity?

EDMONDS: Well, even during Obama’s presidential campaign, I did not buy into his slogan of “change” being promoted by the media and, unfortunately, by the naïve blogosphere. First of all, Obama’s record as a senator, short as it was, spoke clearly. For all those changes that he was promising, he had done nothing. In fact, he had taken the opposite position, whether it was regarding the NSA’s wiretapping or the issue of national-security whistleblowers. We whistleblowers had written to his Senate office. He never responded, even though he was on the relevant committees.

As soon as Obama became president, he showed us that the State Secrets Privilege was going to continue to be a tool of choice. It’s an arcane executive privilege to cover up wrongdoing—in many cases, criminal activities. And the Obama administration has not only defended using the State Secrets Privilege, it has been trying to take it even further than the previous terrible administration by maintaining that the U.S. government has sovereign immunity. This is Obama’s change: his administration seems to think it doesn’t even have to invoke state secrets as our leaders are emperors who possess this sovereign immunity. This is not the kind of language that anybody in a democracy would use.

The other thing I noticed is how Chicago, with its culture of political corruption, is central to the new administration. When I saw that Obama’s choice of chief of staff was Rahm Emanuel, knowing his relationship with Mayor Richard Daley and with the Hastert crowd, I knew we were not going to see positive changes. Changes possibly, but changes for the worse. It was no coincidence that the Turkish criminal entity’s operation centered on Chicago. --
END

...and what does our media cover out of Chicago? Blagoyovich and his hare-brained antics and his hair. ...And if the media DOESN'T report a story like this one, it just goes right down in the memory hole.

I didn't realize it until today, but American Conservative is a magazine started by Pat Buchanan.

Unread postby dukey » Tue 22 Sep 2009, 20:00:15

it's part of the reason americans are so god damn brain damaged, the media just constantly feeds them mindless crap. Real news goes totally unnoticed.
dukey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Carlhole » Wed 23 Sep 2009, 08:55:58

I posted this is the 911 thread but it's relevant here too:

Carlhole wrote:...a whole lot of diverse people with diverse views are calling this a "Truth Emergency" really just a buzzword for "We know the media controls and dumbs-down broad opinion in the America". Opinion which is favorable to special interests whose means and movements the media help keep secret or vague or unobjectionable.

The basic insight at core of all this is that ordinary folks are actually highly vulnerable because of their predilection to hold too strongly to various kinds of beliefs large a small. These beliefs can be social, political or religious. They can be generated and used to guide broad perception more easily than you might think.

I guess when it comes to the art of living life, some of us are Picassos but most of us prefer the paint-by-numbers kit ...and this over-reliance on belief systems is a weakness in the human operating system which can be hacked. And that's what the Truth Emergency is: hackers have compromised the easy hacks amongst us. There's a lot of them.

Personally, I feel rather shocked about the blatant censorship of certain stories in the media - because it really makes me feel like I am indeed living in an Orwellian world - not just maybe, really. The media doesn't make any pretension at all about the Sibel Edmonds revelations; it simply does not mention it... period.

Maybe the AmCon article is a crack in the dam. Censorship is blatantly obvious when the American Conservative's founder, Pat Buchanan, as a contributing regular on MSNBC - even HE remains silent on the subject of Sibel Edmonds - a story significant in the history of the last presidential administration. Buchanan is asked to comment about myriad and sundry other foreign policy or internal political issues everywhere, 24-7 on MSNBC. But he won't crack a lip about Edmonds. WTF?

Two gag orders from the Bush Administration not significant enough for ya, Pat?
Carlhole

Unread postby Carlhole » Thu 24 Sep 2009, 07:43:06

Giraldi

Why is Sibel’s tale important for every American and why is it being ignored by our elected officials and the Fourth Estate? The story is important because it is about massive and systematic corruption of our elected officials and senior bureaucrats with the active connivance of the media. Worse, the corruption was carried out by agents of several foreign governments and involved nuclear secrets stolen from American defense laboratories and military bases that were, in some cases, sold to the highest bidder. Some of the congressmen involved are now retired and working for those very same foreign governments that stole America’s secrets.

Could it be that Sibel Edmonds is a clever and possibly even diabolical fraud artist who has manipulated me and others? Of course it’s possible, though I would point out that she has convinced a number of skeptics that there is substance to her allegations. I for one spent twenty years in Army intelligence and the CIA listening regularly to scoundrels, liars, and thieves spin their tales. If Sibel Edmonds is a fabricator, she is a damned good one. I would also note that there is a fundamental flaw to the criticism of Sibel, which is that she claims that every single statement made by her is backed up by actual documents in FBI investigative files dealing with the activities of foreign agents who were suborning our elected officials and senior bureaucrats. She has even provided the numbers of the files.
Carlhole

Return to North America Discussion