Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Could Exotic Matter Provide an Infinite Source of Energy?

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Could Exotic Matter Provide an Infinite Source of Energy?

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Mon 21 Sep 2009, 08:30:31

http://www.physorg.com/news172225206.html

Generally, scientists prefer to avoid the concept of perpetual motion. The idea of a machine that could produce movement that goes on forever, and using that movement to generate an endless stream of energy, is usually considered more science fiction than science. But recently, physicist Pavel Ivanov has investigated previous speculation that an exotic fluid with unusual properties could cause energy to flow continuously between different regions of space, resulting in a runaway transfer of energy. If an advanced civilization were able to construct a device to capture this energy, it might finally possess its own "perpetuum mobile" -- or perpetual motion.
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Could Exotic Matter Provide an Infinite Source of Energy?

Unread postby lowem » Mon 21 Sep 2009, 08:55:10

But of course, the alien civilization on the other side of the galaxy/space-time-continuum where you are sucking energy from aren't going to be too happy about it.

Resource Wars Ver 3.0 :lol:
Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Unread postby rangerone314 » Mon 21 Sep 2009, 08:58:08

I've actually BUILT a working perpertual motion machine. I use it to power my fish tank. But I'm not going to share it. MUAHAHAH!
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Mon 21 Sep 2009, 08:58:12

I've actually BUILT a working perpertual motion machine. I use it to power my fish tank. But I'm not going to share it. MUAHAHAH!
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby aldente » Mon 21 Sep 2009, 14:27:35

It is less the question if perpetual motion is possible or not (the earth for all we know spins around the sun for such an extended period of time, that only those with a limited understanding of the magnitude of time would ask for "more" to proove perpetual motion to "be or- not to be"). It is rather a question of how to PREVENT the current menace of humankind to getting access to unlimited energy.
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby lateStarter » Mon 21 Sep 2009, 16:38:49

rangerone314 wrote:I've actually BUILT a working perpertual motion machine. I use it to power my fish tank. But I'm not going to share it. MUAHAHAH!

You've figured out a way to obtain unlimited energy from double-posting? If so, please let me know how. I seem to do this a lot after a few too many beers!

pstarr's response was incomplete - he forgot to mention Uranus. (I know it is an old joke, but I am, how should I put it? - old...) Apologies in advance - I know this is no laughing matter (exotic or not).
We have been brought into the present condition in which we are unable neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them. - Livy
lateStarter
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby aldente » Mon 21 Sep 2009, 17:28:47

It is neither a trick, nor an effort.
aldente
Permanently Banned

Return to Energy Technology