Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

need a quick help !

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

need a quick help !

Unread postby noneless » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 17:23:12

hi all

i have a project about s h e l l oil company ( Royal Dutch )?

the due date is after 3 days and i didnt understand anything because the teacher is not helping us at all. i really need smo to help me.. i don't want to fail .. :(

email me .. [email protected]
noneless
Wood
Wood

Re: need a quick help !

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 18:15:37

Dude, seriously, go to their web site. It has bright shiny descriptions of all their projects.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby TreeFarmer » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 20:22:02

LOL :)

Dude you have the internet. You can gather more information in the time it takes to walk one block than I could in a whole night of digging in the library when I was in college.

Jeeze talk about lazy ass kids today, won't even type shell in a search engine, wants someone else to type it for him and read him the results.

TF
TreeFarmer
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby SILENTTODD » Sun 04 Oct 2009, 20:23:54

Master Po say no such thing a such thing as "quick help". Next time start project earlier!
Skeptical scrutiny in both Science and Religion is the means by which deep thoughts are winnowed from deep nonsense-Carl Sagan
SILENTTODD
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby TWilliam » Mon 05 Oct 2009, 01:51:19

Well, I don't email people who just toss their addy out there on their first post to a forum, but if you should happen to check back, you could try this for starters:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=royal+dutch+shell

I should think that the 1.6+ million results returned should have something useful... :wink:
"It means buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, because Kansas? Is goin' bye-bye... "
TWilliam
Expert
Expert

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Mon 05 Oct 2009, 08:43:10

TreeFarmer wrote:LOL :) Dude you have the internet. You can gather more information in the time it takes to walk one block than I could in a whole night of digging in the library when I was in college.
Jeeze talk about lazy ass kids today, won't even type shell in a search engine, wants someone else to type it for him and read him the results. TF

Seriously, I used to spend a lot of time in the research stacks piecing together references. Review papers were a lot more important then! I remember the time I was in the basement stacks when all the lights went out because the library closed and I had to grope my way out of the building.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby noneless » Mon 05 Oct 2009, 10:37:23

thanks a lot for your inspired comments. There is no one encouragment sentence in all of the comments. just yesterday i received the project from the sir and it is not about shell in general but complicated things. i didn't ask you to do it for me and i didn't tell you that i will not do anything. All what i asked you is to help me understanidg the project and nothing more than that. if i really dont need a serios help, i won't come to ask your for your help.

any way, thanks a lot :)

regards,
a students from United Arab Emirates
Last edited by noneless on Mon 05 Oct 2009, 11:07:19, edited 1 time in total.
noneless
Wood
Wood

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 05 Oct 2009, 10:37:45

I thought all the kids knew this one? You google the topic and skip back a few hunderd pages, then from a readable article on the subject, copy keyword chunks onto google again and see that the page stays well back in the rankings even when quoted. On a hugely written about topic like shell it shouldn't be too hard to find something to fit the bill in say, about 5 minutes.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Mon 05 Oct 2009, 12:18:21

SeaGypsy wrote:I thought all the kids knew this one? You google the topic and skip back a few hunderd pages, then from a readable article on the subject, copy keyword chunks onto google again and see that the page stays well back in the rankings even when quoted. On a hugely written about topic like shell it shouldn't be too hard to find something to fit the bill in say, about 5 minutes.

GoogleScholar is even cooler, because it gives you the number of times an article is cited. If you need to cite someone with a crazy six part name, you can find how someone else cited them.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby victorlinley » Wed 11 Nov 2009, 15:52:00

yes i am here please tell me which type of help do you want i am here to serve you.
victorlinley
Wood
Wood

Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models