Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

KSA Exports To USA at 22 year low.

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

KSA Exports To USA at 22 year low.

Unread postby Dr. Ofellati » Mon 09 Nov 2009, 22:28:17

Did this get posted on PO.com and I missed it? If so, Mods please kill this post.

http://www.businessinsider.com/saudi-oi ... ws-2009-11

I have been proposing for a couple of years (along with Memmel), that the KSA is falling off a cliff. The best evidence supporting that hypothesis, I think, is that the KSA didn't increase production during the great run up to 150.

I wonder how this plays in?
Last edited by Dr. Ofellati on Tue 10 Nov 2009, 00:29:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. O
The Mos theorem - Those who do not reach my conclusions after having reviewed the evidence are either deniers, if they reject my conclusion, or conspiracy theorists, if I reject theirs.
Dr. Ofellati
Lignite
Lignite

Re: KSA Exports To USA at 22 year low.

Unread postby copious.abundance » Mon 09 Nov 2009, 22:56:00

Dr. Ofellati wrote:I have been proposing for a couple of years (along with Memmel), that the KSA is falling off a cliff. The best evidence supporting that hypothesis, I think, is that the KSA didn't increase production during the great run up to 150.

Except that . . . they did. From 8.5 million bpd to over 9.5 million bpd

Try again Schmuto. BTW you owe Maddog some money.
Stuff for doomers to contemplate:
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1190117.html#p1190117
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1193930.html#p1193930
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1206767.html#p1206767
copious.abundance
Fission
Fission

Unread postby copious.abundance » Mon 09 Nov 2009, 23:09:15

pstarr wrote:God. Your map shows them stuck. Are you struck?

Did it possibly occur to you there was no demand for any additional oil from them? No, obviously such a thing has not occurred to you.

BTW, if you're wondering where all this Saudi oil is going instead of the US, might want to read this out today (Asia).

Also, concerning that oft-predicted Saudi production cliff, you and Schmuto will have to wait yet more.

>>> LINK <<<
Saudi crude-oil production has risen to 8.15 million barrels a day after dropping to 7.86 million in February, the lowest level since 2002.
copious.abundance
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Maddog78 » Mon 09 Nov 2009, 23:12:25

OilFinder2 wrote:Try again Schmuto. BTW you owe Maddog some money.

You didn't have to change your screen name just because you lost a bet.
It wasn't even a money bet, just internet points. :lol:
Maddog78
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Mon 09 Nov 2009, 23:19:35

LOL, schmuto's new profile pic totally gives him away too.
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Dr. Ofellati » Tue 10 Nov 2009, 00:31:42

OilFinder2 wrote:Except that . . . they did. From 8.5 million bpd to over 9.5 million bpd

Oh tut-tut! Shame on you.

Any fool, including me, can see that production already was 9.5 million when the run up began in 06, or even earlier. They actually produced less for the first part of the run and then only got back to prior levels at the height of the run.

Stop needing it so much OF.
Dr. O
The Mos theorem - Those who do not reach my conclusions after having reviewed the evidence are either deniers, if they reject my conclusion, or conspiracy theorists, if I reject theirs.
Dr. Ofellati
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Dr. Ofellati » Tue 10 Nov 2009, 00:58:00

I think I've got it, with tip of hat to anon poster at Platts website.

It's really quite simple. The KSA isn't producing as much light sweet stuff anymore, regardless of total exports, and, given that the percentage of heavy, sour crude is going up, and, further given that the United States refiners don't make as much money on that stuff, total imports have fallen.

Not only makes sense, it reinforces the position that the KSA has peaked and can't produce more CL even if it wanted to.
Dr. O
Dr. Ofellati
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby copious.abundance » Tue 10 Nov 2009, 01:30:47

Dr. Ofellati wrote:
OilFinder2 wrote:Except that . . . they did. From 8.5 million bpd to over 9.5 million bpd

Any fool, including me, can see that production already was 9.5 million when the run up began in 06, or even earlier. They actually produced less for the first part of the run and then only got back to prior levels at the height of the run.

The price run-up stalled in mid-2006 to early-2007 . . . which, not so coincidentally, is about the same time period Saudi oil production stalled. Then when the price started going back up in early 2007, Saudi production soon followed suit.

LINK

Amazing - even the Saudis respond to price signals! :shock:
copious.abundance
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Dr. Ofellati » Tue 10 Nov 2009, 08:06:32

OilFinder2 wrote:The price run-up stalled in mid-2006 to early-2007 . . . which, not so coincidentally, is about the same time period Saudi oil production stalled. Then when the price started going back up in early 2007, Saudi production soon followed suit.

You're reaching. Lengthily.

The price curve shows a steady ramp up from 06 to peak in July 08.

The production curve shows a large dip that extends through much of the price rally and only returns to previous norms toward the end of the price rally.

Who are people going to believe? OF or their lying eyes?
Dr. O
Dr. Ofellati
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Maddog78 » Tue 10 Nov 2009, 09:17:17

Dr. Ofellati wrote:

That wasn't our bet.
Need me to bump up that thread, since you seem to have forgotten all about your prediction?
Maddog78
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Tue 10 Nov 2009, 09:30:20

Maddog78 wrote:
Dr. Ofellati wrote:

That wasn't our bet.
Need me to bump up that thread, since you seem to have forgotten all about your prediction?

I wouldn't expect Dr. Ofellaxitive to pay you Maddog.
"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Maddog78 » Sat 14 Nov 2009, 15:47:39

I guess not.
Anybody who has to change their user name to avoid the humiliation of a really bad prediction isn't going to acknowledge losing a bet.

More confirmation from the front page;

Specifically, the near-record stockpiles of oil that currently exist not only in the United States, but across the developed world, have been made possible by the fact that OPEC has been increasing output at the fastest pace in two years. Earlier this week, Bloomberg reported that the cartel has boosted production more than a million barrels a day since March -- despite the worst global recession since World War II. OPEC's largest producer, the Saudis, have helped lead the way, increasing exports four out of the past six months. Saudi output has increased almost 300,000 barrels per day since earlier this year. Overall OPEC production reached its highest level in 10 months in October.

Maddog78
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Velociryx » Sat 14 Nov 2009, 18:12:07

Maddog...please stop living in denial. Face facts. We are all going to die, and soon. OPEC outputs are declining, not increasing. You're not actually going to BELIEVE these guys, are you?

The dieoff began day before yesterday. OF COURSE the newspapers aren't mentioning it. Do you think they want to spark a panic??

But soon...any day now, really...it will be impossible to hide the smell coming from the body dumps, and then the world shall know the truth!

Again.

Or...something.

Yeah. ;)

-=Vel=-

Remember: If it has ANYTHING to do with finding more oil, demand dropping, outputs increasing, or alternate energy technologies, it's either a lie or a big oil smoke screen.

If it conveniently fits in with existing mythology, or can be "modified" slightly to fit, then it's obviously the truth.

C'mon...get with the program, you!
Velociryx
Permanently Banned

Unread postby JustaGirl » Sun 15 Nov 2009, 00:55:05

But soon...any day now, really...it will be impossible to hide the smell coming from the body dumps, and then the world shall know the truth!

Well, guess there will be plenty to eat then. I better start stocking up on the A1 right now.
Only those who can see the invisible can do the impossible.
JustaGirl
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby mcgowanjm » Sun 15 Nov 2009, 11:10:25

Velociryx wrote:Maddog...please stop living in denial. Face facts. We are all going to die, and soon. OPEC outputs are declining, not increasing. You're not actually going to BELIEVE these guys, are you?

The dieoff began day before yesterday. OF COURSE the newspapers aren't mentioning it. Do you think they want to spark a panic??

Again.

Or...something.

Yeah. ;)

-=Vel=-

Remember: If it has ANYTHING to do with finding more oil, demand dropping, outputs increasing, or alternate energy technologies, it's either a lie or a big oil smoke screen.

If it conveniently fits in with existing mythology, or can be "modified" slightly to fit, then it's obviously the truth.

C'mon...get with the program, you!

Except for 'demand dropping', the easiet way to find new oil.
:evil:

And demand will drop, always at least one step before
declining supply.
mcgowanjm
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Velociryx » Sun 15 Nov 2009, 12:20:42

Well, guess there will be plenty to eat then. I better start stocking up on the A1 right now.

Heh...I'm comin' to your house for dinner! Meat on da menu, yaaaahoooooooo!!!!

Except for 'demand dropping', the easiet way to find new oil.
:evil:

And demand will drop, always at least one step before
declining supply.

There are prolly a million different reasons for why demand might drop, but not here.

Ohhhhh no.

Here, the ONLY POSSIBLE REASON that demand might drop is that supply is about to fall off a cliff and begin an irrevocable decline, or to put another way:

PEAKOILISHEREPREPAREFORTHEDIEOFFTHEWORLDISCOMINGTOANENDRIGHTNOWDIEDIEDIEEVERYTHINGSGOINGTODIE!!!!!!
(say that five times fast and win a prize!)

Again.

:)

-=Vel=-
(I am with, and fully endorse the program now...this Uber-Doomer Peak Oil stuff is fun!)
Velociryx
Permanently Banned

Return to Peak Oil Discussion