Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Exp Growth - stealth??

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Exp Growth - stealth??

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 29 Nov 2009, 10:09:22

I read the following report posted on the news section here.

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/27512/E ... nite+World

From past reading elsewhere I know that research shows that older, white,wealthy, homeowners are less likely to see Global Warming (and presumably other issues such as population) as real. They are stuck in their world view.

This report however appeals to the investor side of the brain and also sends a pretty powerful message about the inevitability of depletion.

Now I don't know Zacks or his reputation but I think that this may be a good way to break through to the ruling classes.

Or maybe it is a first sign that the ruling classes are starting to "get it."

In any case I thought it was interesting, not so much in what it was saying (old news) but who was saying it.

Any other ideas?
When going through hell, keep going! Churchill
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much. E Wiman
I know there’s no solution, so I just enjoy what’s here and I enjoy the journey G Carlin
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Exp Growth - stealth??

Unread postby ohanian » Mon 30 Nov 2009, 06:09:35

If you are old then it does not matter because you be dead in 50 years anyway.

So long that the world economy does not collapse in 50 years, you care not a bit.

Now if the world economy does "seem to" collapse in 10-20 years, then you old friars
would be demanding IMMEDIATE change to stop Global Warming.

At least that's what I think anyway.
ohanian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Exp Growth - stealth??

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 30 Nov 2009, 08:36:50

Perhaps, but I tend to think that it has more to do with a specific mind set.

"The world has treated me OK so far with the mind set I have. So why change it?"

There seems to be fair indication that this segment of the population, who have disproportionate influence on our policy, are not readily able to accept new concepts.
When going through hell, keep going! Churchill
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much. E Wiman
I know there’s no solution, so I just enjoy what’s here and I enjoy the journey G Carlin
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Peak Oil Discussion