Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Black Swan author says goodbye, Bernenke "too much to bear"

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Black Swan author says goodbye, Bernenke "too much to bear"

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 02 Dec 2009, 19:06:27

What I am seeing and hearing on the news -- the reappointment of Bernanke -- is too hard for me to bear. I cannot believe that we, in the 21st century, can accept living in such a society. I am not blaming Bernanke (he doesn't even know he doesn't understand how things work or that the tools he uses are not empirical); it is the Senators appointing him who are totally irresponsible -- as if we promoted every doctor who committed malpractice. The world has never, never been as fragile. Economics make homeopath and alternative healers look empirical and scientific.

No news, no press, no Davos, no suit-and-tie fraudsters, no fools. I need to withdraw as immediately as possible into the Platonic tranquility of my library, work on my next book, find solace in science and philosophy, and mull the next step. I will also structure trades with my Universa friends to bet on the next mistake by Bernanke, Summers, and Geithner. I will only (briefly) emerge from my hiatus when the publishers force me to do so upon the publication of the paperback edition of The Black Swan.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nassim-nicholas-taleb/good-bye-the-reappointmen_b_374576.html

Well, that was depressing.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Black Swan author says goodbye, Bernenke "too much to bear"

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 03 Dec 2009, 13:36:50

Depressing?
Why?
The faster (and deeper) surrounding sh*t collapses, the better.
Pictures won't be pretty though, but doesn't matter...
They should bring Alan Greenspan back!
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby IgnoranceIsBliss » Fri 04 Dec 2009, 16:31:14

If I had any money, I would send some hookers, booze, and drugs to that guy to help take his mind off of things. As my siggie says, life is so much easier when you either don't know or don't care. it sux when you both know and care.
IgnoranceIsBliss
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Jellric » Fri 04 Dec 2009, 23:14:57

As my siggie says, life is so much easier when you either don't know or don't care.

Hmm. I'm not seeing a signature for you.

Keeping Bernanke is horrible but at least its consistent. All incompetents seem to be welcome in places of power these days. Funny how it always seems to work out that way prior to collapse.
Jellric
Lignite
Lignite

Return to Economics & Finance