Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Steorn's Orbo Technology on Public Display in Ireland

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Steorn's Orbo Technology on Public Display in Ireland

Unread postby billg » Thu 17 Dec 2009, 18:30:46

http://www.steorn.com/

See live streaming at website...
"It is no measure of health to be deemed sane in an insane society" J. Krishnamurti

Second Attention
billg
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Steorn's Orbo Technology on Public Display in Ireland

Unread postby lper100km » Thu 17 Dec 2009, 19:09:24

So?
lper100km
Lignite
Lignite

Location: Over the tracks, left under the overpass, right, third boxcar on the left, ask for Jack

Unread postby efarmer » Thu 17 Dec 2009, 19:15:09

Not sure if it works for perpetual motion, but for limited rotation
I have heard it said, but I cannot vouch that it is true because
I have not seen it accomplished, that Irishmen can change a
light bulb by having one just grasp the bulb and hold on until
the other drink enough to spin the room around and loosen
it. Give men with these basic skills magnets and funding,
and who knows...

Let me know when they go on sale.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby diemos » Thu 17 Dec 2009, 23:37:14

Let me know when they start selling power to the grid.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby lper100km » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 00:23:20

I viewed the video again and realized that what they are really demonstrating is a high tech version of the Blarney Stone. (Anagram of Steorn is Stoner!) The original is too difficult to access – I mean, who wants to hang upside down over a rock? - and by now is sure to be out of action due to various health and safety regulations if not fear of H1N1. This HT version sure works well and causes blarney to spill out effortlessly by all who view it. It must be something to do with the spin. Of course you wouldn’t want to kiss it – it would rip your lips off. It even works well over the internet, just by viewing the image, so the real thing must be one powerful piece of mojo. And no batteries. Imagine that. Just repulsive magnets. Ugh. Are you sure it was demonstrated in Ireland and not Copenhagen? There’s enough blarney coming out of there that a stealth version must have been slipped under the podium. This thing is a winner! A must for every convention. No more tongue tied presenters. Every one becomes a master of language and persuasion, quick and witty with repartee. Over here folks, this way – do I ever have a deal for you.
lper100km
Lignite
Lignite

Location: Over the tracks, left under the overpass, right, third boxcar on the left, ask for Jack

Unread postby SheikYarbhouti » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 12:29:20

Cool. Steorn started out life as an internet marketing business, and little seems to have changed. IMHO this whole thing is a gimmick to sell "ad solutions" to investors, especially in light of the fact that their device has been unanimously declared nonfunctional by a jury of scientists of their own choosing. Just check their "about us" section of the website: vague in the extreme. It's all about eyes these days - if you can manage to get a couple million sets of eyes on you, no matter what you're doing, you can cash in.

I have to buy a new B.S. detector every time these guys pop up.
SheikYarbhouti
Wood
Wood

Unread postby mos6507 » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 14:15:43

It doesn't work because they keep the battery connected to the circuit. Unless they actually use the power of the generator to do some real quantifiable work then it's meaningless.

I've read that the way this works, it is actually stripping the magnetism away from the magnets, essentially using the magnets like a long-lived but very weak battery. So even if it does work, people may be disappointed to find out that they have to keep replacing the magnet "batteries". Peak magnets?
mos6507

Unread postby billg » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 16:39:35

Check this out for yourself:

Neodymium magnets wear down after approximately 200 years. Even then you could remagnetize them at about a dollar per magnet.

Also, here is a primer on zero point energy:
http://zpenergy.com/modules.php?name=Ne ... e&sid=1100

The Orbo is a simple zero point energy device.
"It is no measure of health to be deemed sane in an insane society" J. Krishnamurti

Second Attention
billg
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mos6507 » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 16:52:58

billg wrote:The Orbo is a simple zero point energy device.

So why isn't it being tasked with doing some useful function like lighting up an LED or something? Maybe have it run a laptop?

Also, if it is stripping off the magnetic effect, then you have to compare the energy returned from the generator to the energy required to remagnetize the magnets.

What I see here, is if there IS any net energy, then it's very low EROEI, which makes it highly impractical. How large would an ORBO have to be in order to generate as much as a small diesel generator? How huge would the battery have to be in order to kickstart the effect?

Have this actually DOING something besides just recharge its own battery.
mos6507

Unread postby gnm » Fri 18 Dec 2009, 17:00:23

billg wrote:The Orbo is a simple zero point energy device.

Well gee then go buy a bunch and make a fortune selling all the free power!

More like Zero Power energy device and a total scam....

Mos is right actually - if they are even doing it that cleverly. there was a Japanese "inventor" a while back that sold a bunch of electric motors that appeared to use exponentially less power than competitors. It actually had a couple standard electromagnetic coils along with a bunch of cleverly arranged permanent magnets to "kick it the rest of the way around" at which point the EM would pulse and continue. The readings looked great - for a little while. In actual practice the permanent magnets would quickly degrade and the motor would seize up.

Yawn....

-G
gnm

Return to Energy Technology