Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

China Leading Global Race to Make Clean Energy

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

China Leading Global Race to Make Clean Energy

Unread postby mattduke » Tue 02 Feb 2010, 09:18:32

China vaulted past competitors in Denmark, Germany, Spain and the United States last year to become the world’s largest maker of wind turbines, and is poised to expand even further this year.

China has also leapfrogged the West in the last two years to emerge as the world’s largest manufacturer of solar panels. And the country is pushing equally hard to build nuclear reactors and the most efficient types of coal power plants.

In the US, solar plants are still waiting for their carbon permits.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/busin ... ew.html?em
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: China Leading Global Race to Make Clean Energy

Unread postby rangerone314 » Tue 02 Feb 2010, 09:32:40

mattduke wrote:
China vaulted past competitors in Denmark, Germany, Spain and the United States last year to become the world’s largest maker of wind turbines, and is poised to expand even further this year.

China has also leapfrogged the West in the last two years to emerge as the world’s largest manufacturer of solar panels. And the country is pushing equally hard to build nuclear reactors and the most efficient types of coal power plants.

In the US, solar plants are still waiting for their carbon permits.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/busin ... ew.html?em

I'd say the US is in the stage of development equivalent to the Chinese Ming dynasty.

I'd say we are on are way to going the way of the Qing dynasty. I wonder when the US will get carved up like China was?
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: China Leading Global Race to Make Clean Energy

Unread postby Ainan » Tue 02 Feb 2010, 12:38:58

Great article mattduke! :)

This is why I'm learning Mandarin, China is growing and building infrastructure like mad while the West is declining and infrastructure is decaying. I was reading a while ago about what a joke the control systems made by a western company for nuclear power plants is. The safety monitoring system was integrated with the main control system, an accident waiting to happen. No wonder China wants to develop everything itself just like the West did when our modern infrastructure was built.

Interesting times! :razz:
April 2008 Global Population: 6.8 billion
April 2010 Global Population: 7 billion
April 2012 Global Population: 7.2 billion
Ainan
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Economics & Finance