Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Oil-Prone Shales Webinar

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Oil-Prone Shales Webinar

Unread postby AAA » Tue 23 Feb 2010, 19:45:46

Webinar about "Oil-Prone Shales: Their Nature, Location, Production Potential"

There is no cost but I don't know if you need an existing subscription to view. I plan to attend however I do have a subscription. Check with OG Investor if you are interested.

Overview: Explorers have turned toward oil with a passion, and the newest focus is on oil-prone shales—and distinctly different from the oil shales of old. Oil-prone shales, thanks to advances in horizontal drilling and multistage fracturing technologies, have the ability to produce commercial quantities of crude now. The vibrant economic success of the Williston Basin’s Bakken has inspired fervent enthusiasm for analogous plays—in the Midcontinent, on the Gulf Coast, in the Rockies and abroad in the Paris Basin. “Shale-oil systems are as complicated as shale-gas systems and are generally more problematic,” says Dan Jarvie, president, Worldwide Geochemistry, and currently a visiting scientist at the Institut Francais de Petrole in France. “If we can get the oil out of these various systems, we are looking at tremendous resources.” Hear more on this from Jarvie and from Dr. Steve Sonnenberg, co-principal investigator in the Bakken Research Consortium, in the complimentary webinar “Oil-Prone Shales: Their Nature, Location, Production Potential,” sponsored by IHS, at 10 a.m. CST, Tuesday, March 2, 2010.

What You Will Learn:
--The three main types of shale-oil systems, which has the best potential for production, and why.
--Regional prospectivity of the main types of shale-oil systems.
--Why the Bakken play works—and works so well.
--The nuts and bolts of the Bakken petroleum system, and how this translates to analogous plays.

https://secure.oilandgasinvestor.com/we ... eventid=41
How can Ludi spend 8-10 hrs/day on the internet and claim to be homesteading???
AAA
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Energy Technology