Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Reality Television -

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Reality Television -

Unread postby Kristen » Wed 10 Mar 2010, 02:01:44

Although the title of this post may be crude, I cannot think of any other words to describe how I feel, personally, of the phenomena of reality television in America. It all happened several houts ago. I went upstairs to visit my roommate and the CW--the channel was on. It was an Entertainment Tonight kind of crock and surely they were boasing about the latest group of rich teens being rewarded for promiscuity and drug use with their own TV show! Call me old fasioned, but isn't the purpose of life to live it yourself, instead of gaping in front of a magic image projecting box displaying someone else's pasttimes?

How is this related to Peak Oil?
Last edited by Ferretlover on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 10:32:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified title.
Kristen
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Reality Television - I just swallowed a bit of vomit

Unread postby TheDude » Wed 10 Mar 2010, 02:20:00

There's a show I kind of like called The Soup that makes fun of this extra mindless TV. I'd never watch the real thing, ugh. That's like chugging 200 proof ethanol.
Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Re: Reality Television - I just swallowed a bit of vomit

Unread postby rangerone314 » Wed 10 Mar 2010, 08:59:35

Its not called "the boob tube" for nothing.

But even I got to admit that "reality TV" has lowered the bar a bit more, and the bar was already pretty low.

I only watch one TV show myself... LOST.
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to North America Discussion