Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

EIA 2010 Energy outlook

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

EIA 2010 Energy outlook

Unread postby Pops » Sat 15 May 2010, 11:17:13

EIA 2010 Energy outlook
In the Reference case, total domestic natural gas
production grows from 20.6 trillion cubic feet in 2008
to 23.3 trillion cubic feet in 2035. With technology
improvements and rising natural gas prices, natural
gas production from shale formations grows to 6 trillion
cubic feet in 2035, more than offsetting declines
in other production. In 2035, shale gas provides 24
percent of the natural gas consumed in the United
States, up from 6 percent in 2008 (Figure 3).

And here are Rapier's comments from R Squared
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: EIA 2010 Energy outlook

Unread postby dorlomin » Sat 15 May 2010, 18:00:43

This is especially true in light of the current mess in the Gulf of Mexico, because a lot of that new oil was expected to come from offshore. But as I originally predicted, I think this blowout in the gulf really slows things down. A relevant news story on that theme from today:
Well if America does not begin exploiting its offshore reserves in the short term they will be available later down the depletion curve when they're value will be all the greater both financially and in terms of necessity.
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: EIA 2010 Energy outlook

Unread postby americandream » Sat 15 May 2010, 18:05:51

And of course, when continued survival of the planet's eco-system will be the least of our concerns.

dorlomin wrote:
This is especially true in light of the current mess in the Gulf of Mexico, because a lot of that new oil was expected to come from offshore. But as I originally predicted, I think this blowout in the gulf really slows things down. A relevant news story on that theme from today:
Well if America does not begin exploiting its offshore reserves in the short term they will be available later down the depletion curve when they're value will be all the greater both financially and in terms of necessity.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Return to Peak Oil Discussion