Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Vast UFO Cover-Up

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Nuclear Physicist Describes Vast UFO Cover-Up

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 19 Dec 2017, 10:12:35

Maybe we should start a UFO thread

We already have a number of alien contributors, of both in insecta, and reptilian varieties.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 19 Dec 2017, 12:41:05

The Pentagon is releasing photos of UFOs, and there appears to be an alien object passing through the solar system. We get Marmy and AdamBS? The age of enlightenment doesn't seem to have stuck every place at the same time!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby onlooker » Tue 19 Dec 2017, 13:33:36

I will reserve commentary until and if the Pentagon officially releases and/or admits via some form of evidence the existence of Extraterrestials. I will just say I am highly intrigued.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dissident » Tue 19 Dec 2017, 17:52:26

The aliens are finally here for some of that much desired anal probing action!
dissident
Expert
Expert

UFO, UAP, WTH?

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 13 May 2022, 15:06:51

I have been interested in last years admission by the US government that there exists a body of credible UFO sightings that appear to transcend the laws of physics as we commonly understand them. Now the House is going to open hearings in the matter, to discover what they can about them and assess their threat to our national security. Last years report also vaguely alluded to some danger due to UFO’s apparent interest in our training maneuvers and their presence in otherwise controlled airspace. It strikes me that if the “aliens” were hostile they would have shown that intent by now. But, who knows?

The credible reports indicate the UFO’s maneuvering in manners we can not explain, apparently generating 1,000’s of g-force. This lead me to some rather wild speculation and apparently it is well trodden territory.

At this point our physics is rather incomplete. It works well enough in the Newtonian world we inhabit, and explains some other aspects of our observable world, but we are forced to invent things (dark gravity, dark matter, universal constants) to “fudge” things into order. There is also much theoretical speculation of there being more “dimensions” than those we recognize, but that they are folded back on themselves or collapsed, thus unobservable. But maybe not.

Those if you who are aware if “flatland” have heard the analogies if what would be like to have a 3 dimensional ball pass through your 2 dimensional space. Another analogy would be to consider yourself as a fish, how alien must the boat a boat hull appear as it passes overhead. It makes a dent, an impression in your world, then moves on and nothing has changed. Is that analogous to what we call UFO’s?

Lest us say, very broadly, our human existence occupies 4 dimension, 4 types by of energy/matter relationships +time. Perhaps the UFO’s occupy some other set of dimensions of undetermined quantity 1 to N) but only intersect with our set in the electromagnetic realm (light, they are visible.). Or maybe they have our set of interactions but also more “dimensions”.

It is entirely possible UFO’s can observe everything we do. Or that they only observe or can detect some types if interactions such as light. Perhaps they are as intrigued by us as we are of them. Perhaps they are as ignorant of us as we are of them.

That we observe the. Breaking our known laws of physics suggests some much further advanced culture. But it could simply indicate some parallel existence where we have only partially overlapping physics laws.

Or it may be something so completely different I can not hope to comprehend it.

I do hope to learn more about these tantalizing concepts.

It is really interesting to contemplate.

But Schiff running the hearings? Really?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: UFO, UAP, WTH?

Unread postby careinke » Sat 14 May 2022, 01:10:25

Having actual experience with this topic in an Air Defense sort of way, I am glad this stuff is being declassified and released. It taught me as a young 2nd Lt, that even classified documents/log books can be altered.

Governments have no qualms about lying to their subjects, especially if they can profit from it.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Doly » Sat 14 May 2022, 14:34:20

I have been interested in last years admission by the US government that there exists a body of credible UFO sightings that appear to transcend the laws of physics as we commonly understand them.

I'll believe in actual physical objects that don't obey the laws of physics as they appear in textbooks when I see some evidence about them. This said, there's always the EmDrive, though I've seen all sorts of arguments going back and forth on whether it breaks the standard laws of physics or not, and my knowledge of physics isn't detailed enough to have a definite opinion.

At this point our physics is rather incomplete. It works well enough in the Newtonian world we inhabit, and explains some other aspects of our observable world, but we are forced to invent things (dark gravity, dark matter, universal constants) to “fudge” things into order.

Our official textbook physics is incomplete. A lot of the weirdness of quantum mechanics seems to me like it goes away if you simply assume that there is such a thing as ether/fabric of space, and that has the potential to explain stuff like dark matter too. And since that's a fairly logical assumption to try, and it's a good guess that governments wouldn't like everybody and their mom to have a go at making their own home-made atomic weapons, it stands to reason that it's quite possible that official textbook physics is incomplete for good reasons.

Lest us say, very broadly, our human existence occupies 4 dimension, 4 types by of energy/matter relationships +time.

Hypercubes are cool and pretty, but I honestly wouldn't know what to do with one.

But it could simply indicate some parallel existence where we have only partially overlapping physics laws.

The behavior of Europe vs Russia when it comes to sanctions does make me wonder if Europe and Russia live under the same laws of physics. You'd think that everyone needs energy, but Europe is acting as if energy is optional. What gives?
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby evilgenius » Sun 15 May 2022, 11:35:46

That's why I am making sure not to forget the solar stocks in my portfolio. Given the new energy balance that will develop, the long-term one, solar will be important. The benefits could be limited to Europe, but I don't think so. Better done solar, with better and better panels, will place solar as an integrated part of a whole. The eventual percentage share solar occupies of that whole should be far larger than it is today.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby C8 » Fri 01 Jul 2022, 01:48:22

I can't believe that anyone still thinks there are aliens out there visiting. Even the smallest amount of scientific knowledge quickly leads one to the conclusion it is not possible.

The vastness of space is something most people simply can't comprehend. But once a person really understand the distances (and the difficulties of space travel) it becomes apparent that no species has ever lived any farther than the space just beyond the atmosphere of their own planet. Even Mars travel by humans is impossible given the distance and supplies needed. Space destroys a body slowly, even in a spaceship.

People have a strong desire to believe we are not alone- it is our herding/social instinct- but we are very much alone.
C8
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby INXS » Wed 30 Nov 2022, 00:11:59

"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, NOT explain the uninvestigated." ~~~Dr. Stanton L. Friedman, Nuclear Physicist & UFO Researcher~~~

UFO Skeptics/Debunkers....NEWS FLASH

Those paying attention to the subject now know that for the first time the US military via the US Navy presented extensive pilot video evidence, pilot cockpit recordings, and corroborating pilot/naval vessel radar reports of UFOs flying at speeds and performing maneuvers contrary to our understanding of what is physically possible. A number of pilots and co-pilots, with permission of the military, have conducted interviews that are available on YouTube and other sites. The military even admitted to the existence of an official UFO research and analysis department at the Pentagon (don't recall official name).

Happy holidays to all!!!!
INXS
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 30 Nov 2022, 01:05:56

INXS wrote:"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, NOT explain the uninvestigated." ~~~Dr. Stanton L. Friedman, Nuclear Physicist & UFO Researcher~~~

UFO Skeptics/Debunkers....NEWS FLASH

Those paying attention to the subject now know that for the first time the US military via the US Navy presented extensive pilot video evidence, pilot cockpit recordings, and corroborating pilot/naval vessel radar reports of UFOs flying at speeds and performing maneuvers contrary to our understanding of what is physically possible. A number of pilots and co-pilots, with permission of the military, have conducted interviews that are available on YouTube and other sites. The military even admitted to the existence of an official UFO research and analysis department at the Pentagon (don't recall official name).

Happy holidays to all!!!!

Uncited claims and random Youtube videos (doctored with various filters, etc.) aren't exactly compelling evidence. Speaking of paying attention...

And are you claiming that aliens are causing the stock market to crash? Because otherwise, what in the HELL does that have to do with an economic thread?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby INXS » Wed 30 Nov 2022, 13:31:36

How refreshing to realize the censor police purge commentary that fails to align with the controlling overlord's belief system. The following comment was too inflammatory to let stand, lol.

"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, NOT explain the uninvestigated~~Dr. Stanton L. Friedman, Nuclear Physicist and UFO Researcher~~

The US Military has reversed its position on the existence of UFOs aka Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAPs) by the Pentagon. Multiple reports by experienced Navy pilots corroborated by radar, video, infrared, confirm the existence of unidentified physical vehicles that possess flight characteristics contrary to our understanding of what is possible. Interviews with veteran Navy pilots are available for review by the debunkers and deniers. Or is the Department of Defense lying?
INXS
Wood
Wood

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 30 Nov 2022, 14:53:43

INXS wrote:How refreshing to realize the censor police purge commentary that fails to align with the controlling overlord's belief system. The following comment was too inflammatory to let stand, lol.

"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, NOT explain the uninvestigated~~Dr. Stanton L. Friedman, Nuclear Physicist and UFO Researcher~~

So...who might YOUR overlords be? This guy?

INXS wrote:The US Military has reversed its position on the existence of UFOs aka Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAPs) by the Pentagon. Multiple reports by experienced Navy pilots corroborated by radar, video, infrared, confirm the existence of unidentified physical vehicles that possess flight characteristics contrary to our understanding of what is possible. Interviews with veteran Navy pilots are available for review by the debunkers and deniers. Or is the Department of Defense lying?

Or are UFO folks are likely to see UFOs circling their house on a nightly basis, regardless of whether or not they are aliens, or just figments of their imagination?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Wed 30 Nov 2022, 15:18:08

AdamB wrote:
INXS wrote:How refreshing to realize the censor police purge commentary that fails to align with the controlling overlord's belief system. The following comment was too inflammatory to let stand, lol.

So...who might YOUR overlords be? This guy?

INXS wrote:The US Military has reversed its position on the existence of UFOs aka Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UAPs) by the Pentagon. Multiple reports by experienced Navy pilots corroborated by radar, video, infrared, confirm the existence of unidentified physical vehicles that possess flight characteristics contrary to our understanding of what is possible. Interviews with veteran Navy pilots are available for review by the debunkers and deniers. Or is the Department of Defense lying?

Or are UFO folks are likely to see UFOs circling their house on a nightly basis, regardless of whether or not they are aliens, or just figments of their imagination?

Having ACTUAL experience in this subject, I got to say Adam is off base on this. I would expand on this, but I have no idea what is still classified and what isn't.

I can say when we used to get UFO reports, we would tell the caller the Air Force is no longer tracking UFO's (as we passed the info on to the Navy). I always thought that was a clever ploy.

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 30 Nov 2022, 15:29:27

careinke wrote:Having ACTUAL experience in this subject, I got to say Adam is off base on this. I would expand on this, but I have no idea what is still classified and what isn't.

I am all ears, ready to be boxed. While I am completely familiar with what UFO means and how it might have nothing to do with aliens and the like, I made fun of the aliens part because the OP wants to get physicists involved rather than air traffic controllers and the like describing that UFOs happen all the time, and no one green has ever been found inside one when it landed or was UN UFO-ed.

careinke wrote:I can say when we used to get UFO reports, we would tell the caller the Air Force is no longer tracking UFO's (as we passed the info on to the Navy). I always thought that was a clever ploy.
Peace

Well, spill the beans, are the aliens still in Area 51 or not? :)
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 07 Dec 2022, 16:52:36

careinke wrote:Having actual experience with this topic in an Air Defense sort of way, I am glad this stuff is being declassified and released. It taught me as a young 2nd Lt, that even classified documents/log books can be altered.

Governments have no qualms about lying to their subjects, especially if they can profit from it.

Peace

So UFO's (with intelligent aliens flying them) exist, but are only known to certain government folks, for whatever conspiracy theory reasons?

It's interesting to me that as computer tech and photographic tech advances, that we now have various videos on Youtube, for example, supposedly proving UFO's "clearly" being flown by aliens, exist, re fighter jet footage, etc.

But then debunkers point out things like using various filters to show the videos that make things look RADICALLY different than they are re motion, for example, and OF COURSE, the "UFO's are real and common" crowd doesn't bother to MENTION the trickery like playing games with filters to induce "convincing evidence" via special effects, etc.

At some point the extent of the contortions the true believers go through to try to be convincing looks a lot like flat earth arguments, Covid vaccines are wildly dangerous and completely ineffective arguments, etc.

Oh, and yes, clearly governments lie. That's no more evidence that UFO's re the alien flying type are seen a lot by the air force, etc, than any other conspiracy theory.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 15 Dec 2022, 05:04:23

Outcast_Searcher wrote: the "UFO's are real ....." crowd doesn't bother to MENTION the trickery like playing games with filters to induce "convincing evidence" via special effects, etc.

The US government is now releasing UFO videos.....and so you think the US government is faking them? That sounds like a baseless conspiracy theory to me. Would you please explain why you are pushing a baseless conspiracy theory that the US government is releasing videos of UFOs that have been altered to make them look more like "convincing evidence" ---as you put it---- of alien UFOs?

Official US government videos of UFOs are very interesting to people with an open mind.....even though some subscribe to outcast searcher's wacky conspiracy theory that the US government is faking the videos.

Thanks.

and

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Thu 15 Dec 2022, 05:54:30

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
careinke wrote:Having actual experience with this topic in an Air Defense sort of way, I am glad this stuff is being declassified and released. It taught me as a young 2nd Lt, that even classified documents/log books can be altered.

Peace

So UFO's (with intelligent aliens flying them) exist, but are only known to certain government folks, for whatever conspiracy theory reasons?

It's interesting to me that as computer tech and photographic tech advances, that we now have various videos on Youtube, for example, supposedly proving UFO's "clearly" being flown by aliens, exist, re fighter jet footage, etc.

But then debunkers point out things like using various filters to show the videos that make things look RADICALLY different than they are re motion, for example, and OF COURSE, the "UFO's are real and common" crowd doesn't bother to MENTION the trickery like playing games with filters to induce "convincing evidence" via special effects, etc.

At some point the extent of the contortions the true believers go through to try to be convincing looks a lot like flat earth arguments, Covid vaccines are wildly dangerous and completely ineffective arguments, etc.

Oh, and yes, clearly governments lie. That's no more evidence that UFO's re the alien flying type are seen a lot by the air force, etc, than any other conspiracy theory.

Wow, you have an amazing imagination, that's quite a yarn you spun.

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 15 Dec 2022, 11:09:33

careinke wrote:Wow, you have an amazing imagination, that's quite a yarn you spun.

Peace

Plants more elaborate form of talkative trolling is different than most, isn't it?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Thu 15 Dec 2022, 13:35:36

AdamB wrote:
careinke wrote:Wow, you have an amazing imagination, that's quite a yarn you spun.

Peace

Plants more elaborate form of talkative trolling is different than most, isn't it?

It certainly is, I find it more entertaining than most. If plant was an author, I'd probably be a fan. Who knows, maybe I already am, and just don't know it.

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion