Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

"One Hundred Mornings" trailer

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Unread postby Carlhole » Wed 25 Aug 2010, 21:22:40

Set in a world upended by a complete breakdown of society, two couples hide out in a lakeside cabin hoping to survive the crisis. As resources run low and external threats increase, they forge an uneasy alliance with their self-sufficient hippie neighbour. With no news from the outside world they can’t know how long they must endure living in such close quarters, and with such limited supplies.

Unspoken animosity fills the air, and a suspected affair is driving a wedge between them all. Poorly equipped to cope in a world without technology and saddled with completely conflicting worldviews, everything begins to disintegrate. Finally, each of them faces a critical decision they never thought they'd have to make.

One Hundred Mornings is one of three films funded by the Irish Film Board’s Catalyst Project, designed to give up-and-coming filmmakers the opportunity to produce a low-budget feature film. Filmed over twenty days in County Wicklow, Ireland for a total budget of €275,000, it is writer/director Conor Horgan's first feature. The film showcases the acting talents of Ciaran McMenamin (The Last Confession of Alexander Pearce), Alex Reid (The Descent) Rory Keenan (Intermission), and Kelly Campbell (Bachelors Walk). It also features the exceptional location photography of DoP Suzie Lavelle.

I gather it's more a drama set against the backdrop of an energy crisis.

It's shameful that the resident Singularitarian at PO.com has to post these things here.
Carlhole

Re: "One Hundred Mornings" trailer

Unread postby efarmer » Wed 25 Aug 2010, 21:30:13

Well, although I do enjoy clashing opines with him, he is one fine Singularitarian inded and is appreciated. It is good to have the interesting alternatives he provides to the same old flame embroiled doomburger diet.

Thanks Carlhole.
E
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Revi » Wed 25 Aug 2010, 23:03:20

I have to see this movie. What's not to like? I think the folks at Variety haven't seen enough in this genre to judge. What have there been, maybe 2 or three films like this in the past few years. The Road comes to mind, but that was a big budget mega doomer film that really can't be beat. It's hard to compare any movie to that one.

As soon as it comes out on netflix I'll add it to the list.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby eastbay » Thu 26 Aug 2010, 10:27:55

Sounds like great fun! It doesn't even have a wiki page yet.
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ian807 » Thu 26 Aug 2010, 12:16:12

pstarr wrote:I am always looking for a good post-apocalyptic fun-fest...

Lucky you. You may get your wish in the next 20 years or so. :cry:
ian807
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Book/Media Reviews