Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Has anyone tried Chipotle Mexican Grill?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Has anyone tried Chipotle Mexican Grill?

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 31 Aug 2010, 20:14:55

Every post I make on this forum is always negative, so for once here's something I like. Lately I've been hooked on burritos from this place. They say that all their ingredients are organic and come from small farms and whatnot:

It means that we support and sustain family farmers who respect the land and the animals in their care. It means that whenever possible we use meat from animals raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones. And it means that we source organic and local produce when practical. And that we use dairy from cows raised without the use of synthetic hormones.
http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/fwi/fwi.aspx

They also say their meat doesn't come from factory farms -- the pork comes from pigs who are free to move around and such. I don't know if that's all BS or not, but it really seems to me I can TASTE the difference. This is fast food, you're in and out in less than a minute. But the food itself tastes nutrient-dense, and really good.

I always get two of them, one shredded beef and the other roasted pork. For toppings I get the lime flavored white rice, black beans, romaine lettuce, cheese, corn salsa, sour cream, and tomato salsa. Total comes out to like $13.50, which in my opinion is a good deal since each burrito has a 1,000 calories and you really feel like you've eaten something wholesome when you're done.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Has anyone tried Chipotle Mexican Grill?

Unread postby dinopello » Tue 31 Aug 2010, 20:34:34

Chipotle is owned by McDonalds now, I think. But, it's not bad. There are two within walking distance of my house. The best burrito I think I've had was in Oxnard, CA at a place called Rubin's (may be spelled wrong, it was a long time ago). The pork was delicious and it had big chunks of potato.

edit: apparently, McDonald's divested itself of Chipotle in 2006 !
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby the48thronin » Tue 31 Aug 2010, 21:33:28

I am glad you like them, hauling the interiors of the new stores is one of the things I do! Made in USA too!
Malthusian Riders Member!

Courtesy and Courage Sincerity and Self-control Honor and Loyalty a Code to Live By!
What do the miners do when the canary dies? EVACUATE THE MINE not argue about the color of it's feathers or buy a parrot instead.

Where is my pitchfork and torch? I need them for a visit to the castle!
the48thronin
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby emersonbiggins » Tue 31 Aug 2010, 22:51:17

I like Chipotle fairly well; their barbacoa is very tasty. I also like Freebirds, which is a similar concept out of Aggieland - one of the few things that Aggies do that make some sense. :razz:
"It's called the American Dream because you'd have to be asleep to believe it."

George Carlin
emersonbiggins
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pretorian » Tue 31 Aug 2010, 23:27:51

Ok I'll go spend $20 or so there; not sure if I was there before. Sixtrings, you should be getting some commission
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 01 Sep 2010, 01:51:42

I hit 'em occasionally when I'm traveling outside Alaska and looking for something cheap in a town where I don't know the local restaurant scene. They are pretty consistent---the Burritos taste just the same in Boulder as they do in Berkeley.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby midnight-gamer » Wed 01 Sep 2010, 11:08:08

Sorry, I know I shouldn't, but I can't resist. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZzyvuGy8E
"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet.
midnight-gamer
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby jedrider » Wed 01 Sep 2010, 21:27:07

Pretorian wrote:Ok I'll go spend $20 or so there; not sure if I was there before. Sixtrings, you should be getting some commission

If anyone hasn't tried Chipotle, I would recommend it :-D I've an investor in the place :-D

Really, very small time investor. I think I will sell all my NG and UCO and just invest in Chipotle.

Listen, people want to eat out. It is inexpensive. It is good. It is getting around everywhere. It has a bright future.

As my diet has been somewhere limited to wholesome, mostly vegetarian food, it fits right in. The day I can't afford to go to Chipotle, then TSRHTF.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Tyler_JC » Thu 02 Sep 2010, 23:09:35

I didn't realize they were eco-friendly. I just thought they had good food.

I go there every month or so.
"www.peakoil.com is the Myspace of the Apocalypse."
Tyler_JC
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 02 Sep 2010, 23:26:53

Well just looking at the cross section of the Burritos in the picture, they sure look a heck of a lot healthier than the stuff one tends to get at Taco Hell (er Bell).

Hearing that these are apparently reasonably priced, I'll have to see if I can find one. My various aging organs and I thank you for the tip, Six! :)
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Return to Open Topic Discussion