Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Fall-On-Your-Sword Thread

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

THE Fall-On-Your-Sword Thread

Unread postby Pops » Mon 20 Sep 2010, 16:37:19

OK, this is the.. well, you already read what it is.

Use this thread for the opposite reason you would use a "hall of flames" thread.

In case this thread doesn't give you satisfaction is contrition this link might help - don't go there if you imagine you have psychological issues... or if you actually have them either I guess.

OK, I'll go first:
I'm Pops and I'm an ad guy - not a BAD guy, just an ad guy.
I sometimes feel guilty designing ads for things like real estate developments, cars, politicians, all aspects of wasteful consumer society in fact.

I don't feel bad about the bar ads tho - I always liked bars...
And besides they are sustainable.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: THE Fall-On-Your-Sword Thread

Unread postby Carlhole » Mon 20 Sep 2010, 16:40:15

From your link. Pretty funny

Setup

First, you need a reason to be falling on your sword. If you don't have a reason yet, now is the time to pick one. The more worthy your act is of a sword-falling, the slower the motion your fall will appear to observers in, so be sure to do something really awful if you want splashes of blood and wooshy sound effects. The most common reason for falling on a sword is a betrayal of someone in a profound and irreparable fashion. Act to create a reason now. If you have done this correctly, someone will ask you to fall on your sword.

Next, have a deep and thought provoking conversation with this person. Reject the idea of falling on your sword outright, but slowly warm to it. Be sure to discuss the meaning of life and ultimately deliver a monologue about honor and/or courage. Or something. If you do not have a sword yet, someone will give one to you now.
Now you are ready to continue to the next step.
Carlhole

Return to Open Topic Discussion