Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Fox News: The Cheapest Way to Buy Billions in Arms

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Fox News: The Cheapest Way to Buy Billions in Arms

Unread postby efarmer » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 10:05:21

What do you do if you are in Australia, watching the Asian giants wake up and go on the prowl for resources, or England plying the remaining concentrated wealth of an Empire that gave way to American hegemony in the post WWII period, or in Saudi Arabia, a member of a thin slice of royalty sitting atop the mother lode of global petroleum resources, with the rifts of Islamic Sunni / Shia duality and the awakening of a populace held back by information and economics for centuries beginning to stir?

In my opinion, you put your money behind or your talent and effort into Fox News in New York. For some of us Americans, Fox is puzzling, championing people who would never be considered viable candidates in Perth, or London, or Riyadh to ascend and run the American system.

My opinion is that it is simpler than it looks, it is simply the task of making sure that the people who will be most likely to insure that America continues to plow money into it's military industrial complex and to provide security and a nuclear umbrella for these foreign interests will come to power and blather and divide and keep the nation preoccupied while the most important task is accomplished: Spending American taxpayers money to protect foreign interests via the global umbrella of the US military and defense industry.

Our politics are open to the highest bidder for campaign money and ads, and this can be a real estate developer, a pharmaceutical company, a labor union,
or when you get to the big leagues in New York. It can also be foreign governments and wealth gaming the American people to rip each other to shreds so the US military continues to provide an umbrella of protection over their lives and enterprises.

By National Defense spending standards, owning a media company in New York is the cheapest military protection you can buy.

The banking, market, and media empires in New York are trans American enterprises and if they need to sell Americans on tearing each other apart to deliver something lucrative overseas, I think they will, in a New York second.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: The Cheapest Way to Buy Billions in Arms

Unread postby efarmer » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 12:01:40

http://stevenmnielson.blogspot.com/2010 ... osque.html

Another voice from a pole opposite my own politically on the same subject.

What has prompted this topic for me is noticing people who post as several identities and whom are often foreign nationals stirring the pot on some of my regular forum sites, often from three or four sides, to keep Americans polarized and stirred up while they are being fleeced to provide military muscle for foreign countries on the cheap and prop up the corporate and government players in the gigantic military industrial complex. This is not to be confused with folks who are honest enough to indicate what global region they hail from but afford themselves the anonymity that drives free expression of opinion and spurs learning and discourse and debate on the internet.

The American military industrial machine is the most lucrative industry in the history of the planet earth, and as we all know, intimately intertwined with Petroleum, the life blood of what at present is the single proven method to attain national high standards of living and wealth.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby efarmer » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 14:10:45

In an address before the American Society of Newspaper Editors on 16 April 1953, Eisenhower called for control and reduction of armaments. He said that if an unchecked armaments race continued, "the best that could be expected" would be:

A life of perpetual fear and tension; a burden of arms draining the wealth and the labor of all peoples; a wasting of strength that defies the American system or the Soviet system or any system to achieve true abundance and happiness for the people of this earth.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

This world in arms …is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than thirty cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of sixty thousand population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete highway.

We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than eight thousand people….

This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.

<end of quote>

So this is my last on this topic. Thanks for allowing me to express myself freely.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Fiddlerdave » Thu 30 Sep 2010, 14:27:50

This makes too much sense. It certainly describes a likely motivation for many of our foreign policy actions.

For instance, our action with Iraq was exactly what Saudi Arabia and other wanted in the ME. And they are the people who own the Bush family.
Fiddlerdave
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Open Topic Discussion