Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

My Generation

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

My Generation

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 09 Oct 2010, 02:52:37

We had been talking about our generations on another thread. Mine was the Early-Mid 60's, Pre-Boomer, the end of the Beat Generation.

I discovered Pandora very early, back when we were creating content for the site.

Here is a link to the Music from my time.

My Time: Early-Mid 60's
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: My Generation

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 09 Oct 2010, 14:56:09

The music of my generation is MC Hammer. Lucky me. :lol:

Actually some good bands from the early 90's.. the Black Crowes, Third Eye Blind, I guess I'm forgetting others. Oh, the Lemonheads I liked them. And one of those Red Hot Chili Pepper albums was pretty good (wouldn't listen to it now though).

First music I bought was on 45s.. I got up to about 8 records before they switched to singles on cassette. Didn't get a chance to buy any albums before CDs replaced them. Used to have a great music collection from Napster that's been long since lost.

My brother however still has all the great music from the 70's on 8-tracks, and a stereo to play them. Pretty cool. 8)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 11 Oct 2010, 07:30:22

I was just informed that my generation was not complete without Willie, Waylon, and Me. David Alan Coe wrote this after my time but I'll will post this in respect for Texas where I live, since it is about our time.
link

Willie is 10 yrs older than me and Waylon would have been 5. The Outlaw motif fits though.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby hillsidedigger » Mon 11 Oct 2010, 08:19:31

The late 60's song that explains it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5znh58WITU8

'Games people Play" (not Alan Parsons who had a different song by the same name).
hillsidedigger
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Open Topic Discussion