Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Oil price going to $130?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Oil price going to $130?

Unread postby KevO » Fri 05 Nov 2010, 09:39:19

KevO
Expert
Expert

Re: Oil going to $130?

Unread postby DoomersUnite » Fri 05 Nov 2010, 11:33:54

KevO wrote:The reason Oil is up $5 this week
http://peakoil.com/bussiness/the-reason-oil-is-up-5-this-week/

Maybe if we had peak oilers who could spell ("business") we might believe them? As long as the topic is debated by those who can't, how can they be expected to understand the more difficult topics involved, like addition, subtraction, petroleum geology or even supply and demand?
DoomersUnite
Peat
Peat

Unread postby KevO » Fri 05 Nov 2010, 15:42:36

DoomersUnite wrote:
KevO wrote:The reason Oil is up $5 this week
http://peakoil.com/bussiness/the-reason-oil-is-up-5-this-week/

Maybe if we had peak oilers who could spell ("business") we might believe them? As long as the topic is debated by those who can't, how can they be expected to understand the more difficult topics involved, like addition, subtraction, petroleum geology or even supply and demand?

good point, though I don't think spelling ability is going to be top of the preps
KevO
Expert
Expert

Unread postby DoomersUnite » Fri 05 Nov 2010, 20:45:57

KevO wrote:good point, though I don't think spelling ability is going to be top of the preps

Good point. Good thing we don't need preps for something as easy to counteract as $130/bbl oil.
DoomersUnite
Peat
Peat

Unread postby DoomersUnite » Fri 05 Nov 2010, 23:04:14

pstarr wrote:
DoomersUnite wrote:
KevO wrote:good point, though I don't think spelling ability is going to be top of the preps

Good point. Good thing we don't need preps for something as easy to counteract as $130/bbl oil.
If you had read your Hamilton you'd know that $147/barrel petroleum caused this entire world financial collapse.

What collapse? Last I looked the world GDP hasn't even contracted since..well...since this graph started anyway. And it includes 2008...do you see any contraction in there, let alone collapse? Maybe this Hamilton guy was referring to an alternate universe?

http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=wb- ... =world+gdp
DoomersUnite
Peat
Peat

Unread postby DoomersUnite » Fri 05 Nov 2010, 23:37:02

pstarr wrote:Your moron you :razz: Don't you know that GDP as a measure of economic health is junk. In the trunk? It includes government debt.

Idiot

If you actually believe that, then perhaps you shouldn't reference the people using it.
DoomersUnite
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Blacksmith » Sat 06 Nov 2010, 09:38:26

It is all the fault of speculators. Legislate a fixed price for oil or make speculation illegal. Ban dirty oil and while you at it make ethanol 100% at the pump.

All my problems solved...........................
Employed senior
Blacksmith
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cloud9 » Sat 06 Nov 2010, 10:53:12

You can fix prices in a closed system where there is only one producer and one buyer. In an open system where there are multiple producers and multiple buyers, the party that is willing to pay the highest price buys the oil.

You have to remember that all those good deals we got at Wal-Mart have pumped up the Chinese cash reserves. They use our own dollars to bid against us in the world oil market.

If you fix oil prices in the United States, you will cut oil supplies by 60%. OPEC will sell to the highest bidder and we will be left with local production. You will then be able to get cheap gas, but you will have to get in a queue to get your ten gallon ration. Been there and done that. It is no fun.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 07 Nov 2010, 20:56:46

Perhaps world parity pricing could remain flat for several years but still go to $130 easily via inflation of the dollar? Dollars are getting cheaper day by day, thus oil looks more expensive only to those using USD$.
That's the way I see this going.
The 3 big reasons the USD$ must inflate like mad: debt reduction (in real terms), competivity with Chindia and increasing real oil prices at the bowser.
The elephant in the room is obvious from outside, but few inside want to see it or admit why it needs to be there.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 07 Nov 2010, 22:39:42

SeaGypsy wrote:Perhaps world parity pricing could remain flat for several years but still go to $130 easily via inflation of the dollar? Dollars are getting cheaper day by day, thus oil looks more expensive only to those using USD$.
That's the way I see this going.
The 3 big reasons the USD$ must inflate like mad: debt reduction (in real terms), competivity with Chindia and increasing real oil prices at the bowser.
The elephant in the room is obvious from outside, but few inside want to see it or admit why it needs to be there.

Good points here SG.
When going through hell, keep going! Churchill
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much. E Wiman
I know there’s no solution, so I just enjoy what’s here and I enjoy the journey G Carlin
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Open Topic Discussion