Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Liberal "Badge of Honor"

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Liberal "Badge of Honor"

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 06:58:57

I never watch network TV (except for NFL football), so apparently missed a wonderful show, one that apparently the American People missed as well.

The Debate

Written by Lawrence O'Donnell, I wish I had seen it at the time. I would have stuffed it down Plantagenet's throat, as well as every other snide Conservative poster here prior to the election.

Why do they pull this stuff out of the closet after the election?

Liberals vs Progressives
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Liberal "Badge of Honor"

Unread postby Pretorian » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 10:31:46

''liberals got women the right to vote"-- and who are they voting for, in general? For the least ugly candidate. Nothing else matters for them. As alpha-males among apes (human or non-human) have intercourse with all females they can, and all female apes use intercourse with alpha-males in order to lever their social status and surviving rate of their offsprings (your new alpha-ape is likely to kill your children so he can inseminate you himself, unless you slept with him previously and there is a chance that your kids are his)
Quite of a progress we've seen since those days in female mentality didnt we.

"we got African-americans the right to vote"-- and why that was good? So Liberals can get elected by making cheap promises? Why having more voters, thus reducing your own importance into nothingness, is good? Boggles my mind.

"Liberals created social security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty" And who paid for such a thing? Liberals? Nah, children and grandchildren of those elderlies did, many only to contribute for 40 years into this scam without drawing any.

"Liberals ended the Segregation, liberals passed the civil rights act" --That was good too? Now we can all live happily ever after, holding our rainbow hands together and dancing oomba-yumba near the bonfire. Go to Detroit, ask Negroes how it worked out for them. Or better yet, wait till white people will stop feeding that lair.

"Liberals created Medicare" so any bed-ridden , demented and bed-sore covered 85yo with a terminal cancer , who lay in his piss 24/7/365 can have his knee-caps replaced at someone else's cost. Hear, hear.

Yeah, looks like a useful bunch
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 10:43:03

Oh I Completely forgot!

"Liberals (a Republican) ended Slavery!" You should read it like this : Liberals (a Republican ) gave capitalist pigs free, no strings attached labor they wanted so bad. Who wants to bother buying and taking care of a slave if there are a ton of filthy and hungry people who will gladly make those phosphorous matches , stay hungry in the low seasons and die sometime later at their own dime!
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 12:42:02

Pretorian wrote:Oh I Completely forgot!
"Liberals (a Republican) ended Slavery!" You should read it like this : Liberals (a Republican ) gave capitalist pigs free, no strings attached labor they wanted so bad. Who wants to bother buying and taking care of a slave if there are a ton of filthy and hungry people who will gladly make those phosphorous matches , stay hungry in the low seasons and die sometime later at their own dime!
Someone that did know you better would think you were defending slavery. Oh wait...
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 14:52:42

PrestonSturges wrote:
Pretorian wrote:Oh I Completely forgot!
Someone that did know you better would think you were defending slavery. Oh wait...

I merely explaining why it was abolished, so you can save some of your tears on Democratic conventions for other projects. And if you go there-yes, quite a lot of people were better off as slaves. Many weren't-- to each his own.
As someone who lives in (almost) a capitalist economy I do agree with abolition of slavery, for the economic reasons I stated above.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby americandream » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 14:59:41

Pretorian wrote:''liberals got women the right to vote"-- and who are they voting for, in general? For the least ugly candidate. Nothing else matters for them. As alpha-males among apes (human or non-human) have intercourse with all females they can, and all female apes use intercourse with alpha-males in order to lever their social status and surviving rate of their offsprings (your new alpha-ape is likely to kill your children so he can inseminate you himself, unless you slept with him previously and there is a chance that your kids are his)
Quite of a progress we've seen since those days in female mentality didnt we.

"we got African-americans the right to vote"-- and why that was good? So Liberals can get elected by making cheap promises? Why having more voters, thus reducing your own importance into nothingness, is good? Boggles my mind.

"Liberals created social security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty" And who paid for such a thing? Liberals? Nah, children and grandchildren of those elderlies did, many only to contribute for 40 years into this scam without drawing any.

"Liberals ended the Segregation, liberals passed the civil rights act" --That was good too? Now we can all live happily ever after, holding our rainbow hands together and dancing oomba-yumba near the bonfire. Go to Detroit, ask Negroes how it worked out for them. Or better yet, wait till white people will stop feeding that lair.

"Liberals created Medicare" so any bed-ridden , demented and bed-sore covered 85yo with a terminal cancer , who lay in his piss 24/7/365 can have his knee-caps replaced at someone else's cost. Hear, hear.

Yeah, looks like a useful bunch

I can see your logic. However, it's inconsistency lies in the fact that you assume that in a world without the sentimentality of liberal largesse (which in an hierarchical paradigm is what keeps the wolves from door and tends to make it more palatable), you would be spared the worst of its excesses. Thats one too many assumptions I suspect.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Ludi » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 21:39:29

PrestonSturges wrote:Someone that did know you better would think you were defending slavery. Oh wait...

Slavery was seen as a positive good for the slaves, who were taken from "savagery" to civilization. They were provided with homes, food, etc, at the expense of their owners. :|

see "Mary Chestnut's Civil War" for the first-hand perspective of a Southern gentlewoman of the time. 8O
Ludi

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 10 Nov 2010, 22:21:39

A joke I heard somewhere:

The Republicans' new slogan -- "There's been a lot of progress over the last 75 years. And we've been against every bit of it."
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Thu 11 Nov 2010, 01:25:31

Ludi wrote:
PrestonSturges wrote:Someone that did know you better would think you were defending slavery. Oh wait...

Slavery was seen as a positive good for the slaves, who were taken from "savagery" to civilization. They were provided with homes, food, etc, at the expense of their owners. :|

see "Mary Chestnut's Civil War" for the first-hand perspective of a Southern gentlewoman of the time. 8O

And.....let's not forget the slaves' productive use in increasing the annual profits of the landowner as free labour as opposed to the wastage of said labour freely roaming Africa as a tribesman. :)
americandream
Permanently Banned

Return to North America Discussion