Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

We The People

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

We The People

Unread postby deMolay » Fri 03 Dec 2010, 14:40:40

A message to Obama. And his fellow roaders. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=JV ... edium#t=19
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: We The People

Unread postby Ludi » Sat 04 Dec 2010, 20:41:45

Wikileaks.
Ludi

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sun 05 Dec 2010, 00:26:45

Just shut up and do what Homeland Security tells you, or else. Don't be a troublemaker, don't rock the boat if you know what's good for you.

Culture Wars Redux
By DAVID ROSEN
During the fall campaign, most Tea Party-backed activists and candidates attempted to avoid culture wars issues. They sought to keep issues like abortion, gay marriage, teen sex education, “Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell” and stem-cell research at an arms-length’s-distance
The Tea Party incorporates three parallel but divergent reactionary tendencies. First, it includes “small government” libertarians who oppose “big government” spending, high personal taxes and the rising federal debt; some “libertarians” support personal rights and oppose rightwing Christian values. Second, it includes a sizable “nativists” tendency, those who share a deep racists fear of the “other,” be it of African Americans or non-white immigrants, even some promoting staunch neo-fascist and Klan-like violence. And third, the Christian conservative right lives on as a mainstay, adhering to “biblical” and patriarchal values. It remains to be seen if this coalition will hold as some of its representatives now have political power and must govern.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Fiddlerdave » Sun 05 Dec 2010, 04:34:45

deMolay wrote:A message to Obama. And his fellow roaders. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=JV ... edium#t=19
Freedom is crushed by Obama because he hasn't done "Tort reform"? They are still touting "Obama Lies and Grandma dies"

Just another video of corporatations' "useful idiots". :lol:
Fiddlerdave
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Daniel_Plainview » Sun 05 Dec 2010, 10:31:55

The USA desperately needs an Article V constitutional convention in order to rein in the bloated and ever-expanding Fed'l Govt, and to preserve the States' rights which the founding fathers originally envisioned for the country.

But first, the US citizens must put down their bags of potato chips and cans of Bud Lite, reach for their remote control, and turn off Dancing With the Stars ... Can we do it? Is it possible?

Daniel_Plainview
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Location: 7035 Hollis ... Near the Observatory ... Just down the way, tucked back in the small woods

Unread postby careinke » Sun 05 Dec 2010, 11:27:16

Daniel_Plainview wrote:The USA desperately needs an Article V constitutional convention in order to rein in the bloated and ever-expanding Fed'l Govt, and to preserve the States' rights which the founding fathers originally envisioned for the country.

But first, the US citizens must put down their bags of potato chips and cans of Bud Lite, reach for their remote control, and turn off Dancing With the Stars ... Can we do it? Is it possible?

Although I agree with you in principle. I would hate to see what would be produced under a constitutional convention with today's leadership in place. Both the right and the left would scare me on that one.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mos6507 » Sun 05 Dec 2010, 14:23:53

A constitutional convention today would outlaw water in favor of Brawndo.
mos6507

Unread postby efarmer » Sun 05 Dec 2010, 15:48:45

I are a Brawndo kind of guy, I only have one can, and once I drank
it I have refilled it ever since with iced tea. The real can of Brawndo
made me pluck my nose hairs out with a needle nose pliers and I got in
the old lady's rocking chair and busted the rockers off when I pitched
over backwards and drove my head through the drywall and then decided
to eat the fiberglass insulation that came spilling out with Tabasco sauce
sprinkled all over it first. But I like the image of drinking iced tea out
of a Brawndo can.
efarmer