Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Citizenship prodedures

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Citizenship prodedures

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 04:38:37

“I came from Zimbabwe when I was nine as my mother is a Malawian. I’m now 19 and I was surprised to be told that I am not a Malawian citizen and I was arrested. I finished my sentence yet I am still in prison,” said Bernadetta Sandles.

The South African, Konie Jacky, was arrested in October in Mzimba after overstaying in the country by 10 days when she came with her Malawian husband to
see her daughter in the district.
BNL Times
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: How its done in Obamaland

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 04:41:29

Btw, in Dominican Rep., being overwhelmed with Haitians, they cancelled citizenship by birth retroactively. There is an end to any patience me thinks.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Fiddlerdave » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 13:39:02

Oh, yeah! I think every country should aspire to handle citizenship and law just like Zimbabwe and DR!

And look! These policies have solved every economic problem they had! Zimbabwe and the DR is a heaven on earth....
Fiddlerdave
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 22:40:25

Genius, Malawi is a country and not a region in Zimbabwe. And yes both countries are better off than their neighbours. Mexico btw also imprisons its illegals, and for much , much longer than Malawi. I guess thats the reason of all their economical woes.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 23:23:55

Japan refuses citizenship to descendents of foreigners even when they have been in the country for generations. Thailand routinely locks people up for 6 months for overstaying and vagrancy after they have been robbed or just run out of money. They also refuse spousal visa becoming permanent. If your marriage ends, your visa expires, regardless of children or property in the country. They refuse to let any tourist stay more than 6 months in a year. To gain Citizenship in my wife's country (Philippines) I would have to live here without leaving at all for 5 years, learn Tagalog and 2 other dialects then renounce my US and Australian Citizenships. This despite my children being entitled to 3 passports from birth. Australia just jacked the amout of time my wife must spend in Australia to qualify for Citizenship from 2 years accumulative to 5 years more than time outside the country. Meaning we will most likely never qualify in each other's country. 15% of Filipino are effectively stateless with no identity documents at all.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Return to Open Topic Discussion