Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Bosnian Thread

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

THE Bosnian Thread

Unread postby deMolay » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 09:21:21

This could upend history books. Pyramids in Bosnia larger than the Eygptian pyramids, made from concrete dated as old as 30,000 years. Also connected underground with tunnels. Unusual inscriptions found. Interesting. http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/index_Files/News.html
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Bosnian Pyramids Being Unearthed/Larger Than Giza

Unread postby mos6507 » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 09:37:34

You know, Wikipedia is your friend.

"Scientific investigations of the site show that there is no pyramid there. Additionally, scientists have criticised the Bosnian authorities for supporting the pyramid claim saying, "This scheme is a cruel hoax on an unsuspecting public and has no place in the world of genuine science.""
mos6507

Unread postby deMolay » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 09:41:16

Mos6507, are you still an editor on wiki, not many use wiki because of the scandal of editors, contaminating entries with their own idealogical bias.
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby deMolay » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 10:05:42

Mos6507 here is the technical report from article. Seems quite a few accredited professionals disagree with you and your wikifriend. http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/PDFS/Sond ... 202010.pdf
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby eastbay » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 11:11:46

Fascinating story deMolay. Thanks for sharing it. I had no idea.
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dblk » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 11:21:26

Much as I'd like to believe in the pyramid theory of Mr Osmanagic, all we have is a mountain that looks pyramid-shaped from some angles.

He has made some extraordinary claims about the pyramid, with dates ranging from 12 to 27,000 years old, taking it well back into the last Ice Age, with nothing to back them up, except some vague photos, some stone slabs that could easily be natural features, some tunnels that could have been made any time in the last several thousand years into a natural hill, lots of highly imaginative interpretations and not much else.

The same Mr Osmanagic has also made some fantastic claims that the Maya were descended from the people of Atlantis.

To be honest It all reeks of von Däniken's theories.
dblk
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Novus » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 14:00:22

When ever advanced prehistoric civilization is discovered it is always quickly reburied and dismissed. It is like that scene from the planet of the apes when the apes dig up ancient human civilization. They rebury it and pretend it never happened.

The truth is we are NOT the most advanced civilization to live on Earth. Cro-magnon man had bigger brains than us and were smarter than us and created grander civilizations too.
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dblk » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 14:41:05

When ever advanced prehistoric civilization is discovered it is always quickly reburied and dismissed.

What on earth are you talking about? Give me one such example.
Cro-magnon man had bigger brains than us

True
and were smarter than us

Proof?
and created grander civilizations too.

Such as? Are you talking about Atlantis? :roll:
dblk
Wood
Wood

Unread postby steam_cannon » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 16:09:19

Bosnian Pyramids = Image

Have a nice day.

archaeology.org wrote:The supposed pyramid, Dr. Hawass says, is "evidently a natural geologic formation" and that "Apart from its general outline, this hill bears absolutely no resemblance to the Egyptian pyramids." He concludes that, "Mr. Osmanic's theories are purely hallucinations on his part, with no scientific backing."

...So, who is Semir Osmanagic? According to the press--the BBC and AP among others--he's a Bosnian archaeologist who's spent 15 years researching pyramids in the Western Hemisphere. But Osmanagic is no archaeologist. He's a Houston-based metalwork contractor who holds Sarajevo University degrees in economics and political science. His 15 years of "independent research" have resulted in publications like The World of the Maya, which claims the Maya were descendants of aliens from the Pleiades by way of Atlantis. As to why the Maya disappeared in the tenth century a.d., he ridicules standard archaeology as the work of "Masonic cliques," and postulates, "Were perhaps those who were ready picked up in spaceships by their mentors from the Pleiades star cluster? Or perhaps they joined the Lords of the Galaxy and, in pods of light, set off on a journey with no return."

http://www.archaeology.org/online/featu ... pdate.html

wiki wrote:The term Bosnian pyramids has been used for a cluster of natural geological formations sometimes known as flatirons[1] near the Bosnia and Herzegovina town of Visoko, northwest of Sarajevo, including Visočica hill (located at 43°58′40″N 18°10′38″E / 43.97778°N 18.17722°E / 43.97778; 18.17722), which became the focus of international attention in October 2005 following a news-media campaign promoting the false idea that they are human-made and the largest ancient pyramids on Earth.

Scientific investigations of the site show that there is no pyramid there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramids
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 16:19:59

mos6507 wrote:You know, Wikipedia is your friend.

"Scientific investigations of the site show that there is no pyramid there. Additionally, scientists have criticised the Bosnian authorities for supporting the pyramid claim saying, "This scheme is a cruel hoax on an unsuspecting public and has no place in the world of genuine science.""

Moss we been around a lot longer than 6,000 years and were NOT cave-man like the school books told ya. :lol:

This is a crock of poo.
Just more evolution garbage.
vision-master

Unread postby ian807 » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 19:36:27

vision-master wrote:Just more evolution garbage.

Look, I know you'll have to stay of the hallucinogens for a while, but you might consider actually reading a whole biology 101 textbook. A book on genetic algorithms wouldn't hurt either.
ian807
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 19:46:51

The human genome project showed that they human genome is full of dormant retroviruses that infected human ancestors somewhere in recent evolution and caused an explosion of mutations. So who knows, maybe there were dozens and dozens of types. But the change may not have been gradual.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby steam_cannon » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 20:16:52

vision-master wrote:This is a crock of poo.
Brilliant argument, did the machine elves tell you this?

Vision Master, human ancestry has very little to do with a pyramid nut who's making money off selling BS. There are plenty of legitimate scientists who have looked into this "find" and it's just a hill. There are many much more interesting audiological sites.

Your argument that ancestors had larger brain volumes is also wrong.

* Tools - The tools of early ancestors are less sophisticated then later ancestors with smaller brains. This may suggest the larger brains were poorly wired and less efficient.

* Brain size does not equal intelligence - elephants may have an ok memory for an animal with a big brain, but they don't write novels and as we know, women are intelligent and on average have smaller brains then the average man. Intelligence is a delicate quill, not a big hammer.

* Temperature regulation - one function of the brain for early man may have been as a cooling mechanism. Even modern brains act as great big radiators full of blood vessels. As the eskimos say, if you are cold just put on a hat. So our ancestors may simply have had more blood vessels in that space. Also some ancestors were larger framed, so a larger head may have simply been proportional.

* Trauma - one function of having a larger brain may have been that it was more able to recover from trauma. Do to people living more civilized lifestyles, head trauma may have become less common so larger brains were less necessary.

* If they had higher IQ's - though tool use does not suggest they had higher IQ's, if they did they lived in a world without paper or a predefined language. It might have required extraordinary intelligence to survive a lifetime in the wild. Inventing your own mental language and guessing at what your neighbor wants to tell you is difficult. So if they had a very high IQ, they may not have used it very efficiently.

Anyway, human ancestry is well studied, Atlantian hippy trips have no proof in peer reviewed science and pyramids don't require massive intelligence to build so your IQ argument doesn't support building pyramids. It's just fantasy.

Think about what real Archeologists and Geologists are saying. Maybe you think they are all part of the conspiracy, but the rock formations you are discussing are recognized by real Bosnian geologists and real Bosnian Archeologists as a simple rock formation and not a pyramid.There is no conspiracy. It's far more likely that you are mildly paranoid and unable to recognize your problem.

If you are not paranoid, then I think you are you just so enamored with hocum that you can't be bothered to know the difference between real archeology and friendly man who just wants your money. So go ahead and buy his book on Atlantis, 5th grade reading level books are always a pleasure to read. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Or better yet, don't bother reading and just buy the t-shirt. Everyone will know how much of a bigger brain you have no doubt because of your Atlantian ancestors.
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 20:20:12

ian807 wrote:
vision-master wrote:Just more evolution garbage.

Look, I know you'll have to stay of the hallucinogens for a while, but you might consider actually reading a whole biology 101 textbook. A book on genetic algorithms wouldn't hurt either.

The biggest snow job of the 20th century. :lol:

I can't believe ppl are really this stupid.

We evolued from monkey's is one of the biggest con jobs ever, that and Global warming.

How highly educated ppl can be so dense is beyond me. It's all part of dumbing down the masses.

Buy, spend do what you like. No wonder why humans are @ a crossroad. Buying into this sham is part of our downfall as ppl living on this Planet.
Last edited by vision-master on Mon 03 Jan 2011, 20:26:23, edited 1 time in total.
vision-master

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 20:26:01

Your chart is screwed up Visionmaster. Protohomids did not develop until about 7 million years ago.

Bipedalism may have been as late as 5 million years ago.

Since you're a creationist, I wouldn't really expect you to have a clue, but any opportunity to educate.
Last edited by Cid_Yama on Mon 03 Jan 2011, 20:29:52, edited 1 time in total.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 20:28:35

Hey, buckrogers, I'm NOT a creationist, so shove that Bibble babble where the sun don't shine. You have been duped into believing a lie. :badgrin:
vision-master

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 20:37:24

Please share what you really believe visonmaster. Where did humans come from?

This should be good.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 20:52:32

Ask Nassim Haramein. :)

Really, there is no one correct answer. Our text books will be re-written.

BTY: Show me the missing link, I want physical proof!

All is one
Life has Purpose
God is Love
vision-master

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 21:00:25

What kind of an answer is that? What do YOU believe? I want to know. You seem so certain Paleoanthropology is wrong.

I want to hear what YOU currently believe.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 03 Jan 2011, 21:01:25

Moon Cycles and women

Human beings are affected by the moon. Women especially are affected by the moon and their menstrual cycle is intimately linked to this celestial body.

The moon:

■regulates your menstrual cycle,
■can trigger ovulation and fertile times,
■affects your emotions and
■affects the way people behave and view the world.
Women are connected to the moon by our blood, our hormones and our souls.

The first step in claiming the gifts of our menstrual cycle is to become re-acqainted with Mother Moon. Putting aside all the scientific phenomena of the way the Moon affects the earths tides, weather, animals, fluids and moods, symbolically the Moon has a lot to teach us.

For example if a woman is ovulating with the Full Moon, this mode of cycling gives a woman the best chance of physical fertility, great for trying to conceive children, as the full moon accentuates the time of Ovulation.

When a woman bleeds with the full moon, this mode of cycling enhances inner expression, intuition and the development of the inner, spiritual life.

http://www.menstruation.com.au/periodpa ... ycles.html
vision-master

Next

Return to Europe Discussion