Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Arizona Congresswoman Shot in Head

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Arizona Congresswoman Shot in Head

Unread postby dinopello » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 15:15:20

Apparently they caught the guy alive and he also shot almost a dozen others

Gabrielle Giffords was outside Safeway grocery store in Tuscon, Arizona, when a gunman struck.

A Pima County sheriff's spokesman says at least 12 people were shot at the event. One person is in custody.

Giffords, an Arizona Democrat, was first elected to the House in 2006 and represents the state's 8th Congressional District.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona shot.

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 15:22:07

Info is still coming in:

U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head while holding a public event in Tucson, according to medial reports.

Up to 12 others were injured after an unidentified gunman ran up and began shooting indiscriminately as Giffords addressed supporters outside a Safeway grocery store, The Associated Press reported.

Giffords was shot point blank in the head, according to Fox News.

Giffords, who was re-elected to her third term in November, was hosting her first "Congress on Your Corner" event at the Safeway in northwest Tucson, NPR reported.

The gunman was in custody, according to media reports. Giffords, 40, a Democrat, is married to U.S. astronaut Mark Kelly. She took office in January 2007, emphasizing issues such as immigration reform, embryonic stem-cell research, alternative energy sources and a higher minimum wage.

Earlier events in Tucson, Oro Valley, Green Valley, Sierra Vista, and Douglas had attracted between at least a crowd of 150, according to a statement announcing the event.

Crap. As I was typing this, CNN is reporting that she was killed.
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona shot.

Unread postby dinopello » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 15:34:10

Info is sketchy on her condition. MSNBC just reported that she is still alive.

She married Navy vet and space shuttle astronaut a couple years ago and was written up in the papers here a lot. So, that's how I knew about her. She seems like a really nice and thoughtful person. It's really sad.

dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 15:51:39

CNN is retracting the reports of her death and claims that she's in surgery.
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cloud9 » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 15:56:06

Sad indeed. The idiot that has done this has endangered us all. Hitler used the murder of a minor diplomat to usher in the holocaust. I cannot imagine the draconian measures congress will endorse after this.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Arizona Congresswoman Shot in Head

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 16:50:47

She is alive and responding to commands at this time. A real constitutionalist too, she proposed a pay cut for Congress yesterday and supported the court case to repeal fire arms restrictions by cities.

On some issues, Giffords is considered a moderate. For example, she opposed the Washington, D.C. ban on handguns in 2008, and is even the proud owner of a Glock handgun. At the time of the ban controversy, she said she considered gun ownership a constitutional right and an “Arizona tradition.”

“As a gun owner, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment,” she said in a statement after the Supreme Court struck down the D.C. handgun ban. “In February, I was proud to sign the Amicus Brief in District of Columbia v. Heller asking the Supreme Court to uphold the lower court ruling that overturned the long standing DC gun ban.

“This is a common sense decision that reaffirms the Constitutional right – and Arizona tradition – of owning firearms. I commend the Court for ruling in favor of restoring our right to bear arms.”

This week, she appeared on Fox News proposing a 5 percent pay cut for lawmakers:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/arizona ... -at-event/
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 17:09:00

Palin targets health care law supporters on site

In a website launched on Thursday, the six-month anniversary of the health care law, Palin puts a bull's-eye on 20 House districts under a headline that reads, "We've diagnosed the problem…Help us prescribe the solution."

Included among Palin's Democratic targets: North Dakota's at-large Rep. Earl Pomeroy, Southeast Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and Virginia Rep. Tom Perriello.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -on-site/1
vision-master

Unread postby rangerone314 » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 17:11:31

Not to worry. The House of Non-representation still has 434 left.
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 17:13:31

Looks like the Teaparty is done - over.

I sure wouldn't want to be a member of this group.
vision-master

Unread postby Cloud9 » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 17:35:15

Know what happens when you ass-u-me.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 17:36:56

vision-master wrote:Looks like the Teaparty is done - over.

I sure wouldn't want to be a member of this group.

LOL, this party's over:
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 17:40:40

I don't understand taht last post?

I hate to say this, but it wuz most likey a planned event by TPTwuz.

I'm thinking more measures will be taken towards a fascist state.....
vision-master

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:02:40

ImageImage
Last edited by Keith_McClary on Sat 08 Jan 2011, 21:02:48, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:08:08

link

Rep. Giffords was one of 20 members of Congress published on Sarah Palin's “hit list,” demarcated by an actual gun target. Moments ago the image was on her site, but it's since been taken down. The graphic is republished here, however. Palin was opposed to the Congress members because of their support of the health care bill. Further, during the November election, her opponent also ran with the 'target' rhetoric, advertising a rally with the phrase, “Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office/Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly.”

(my emphases)
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cloud9 » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:14:15

This is not a tea party guy. This is some nut case. http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10 ... HoaZaLbqB4
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby rangerone314 » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:14:48

Gun-wielding Tea Partiers remind me of German's Sturmabteilung (SA) a.k.a. Brownshirts.

When the US goes down the fascist route, and Sarah Palin becomes our Rohm, I wonder when we have a "Night of the Long Knives" and her and the Tea Partiers will be disposed of whoever becomes our Hitler? Probably when they cease to be useful tools.

rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:18:14

Cloud9 wrote:This is not a tea party guy. This is some nut case. http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10 ... HoaZaLbqB4

Or a plant by TPTwuz?
vision-master

Unread postby Cloud9 » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:49:38

It never ceases to amaze me as to how scared s***less you people are of a bunch of senior citizens. Jesus guys get a grip.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 18:57:05

I'm not scared - are you?

Nothing wrong with playen all the if's and endif's is there?
vision-master

Unread postby Xenophobe » Sat 08 Jan 2011, 19:49:10

I'll tell you whats amazing. A group of people which self identify themselves with the point of view that mankind is deserving of a dieoff, measured in the billions as though its no big deal, acting as though a few going early here and there is more important than...say....the wildcard playoff games this weekend.
Xenophobe
Permanently Banned

Next

Return to North America Discussion