Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

George Ure doom alert......

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

George Ure doom alert......

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 21 Jan 2011, 15:58:03

:?: I don't know what to think, anyone else want to take a stab @ this?

What’s interesting about this particular animated .GIF file? Well, it shows us something extremely pertinent to our discussion of earth changes. I assume you know that there are isogonic lines of force that run from the magnetic north pole to the south? Think of these as “the lines a compass align themselves to when pointing north. Remember: Local North is not always the same as True North. This .GIF file shows that the zero line for the North American declination (the variance from True North measured by a magnet is where lately? We see a huge variation in Magnetic North up through the 1600′s, but check out where that line is today? Right off the east coast of Florida.

“George: I have debated with myself most of the day about sending you the following, but NASA knows what is going on and Hubby works for [redacted] and he says something is “fixing” to happen, much sooner than later. So here goes..........
vision-master

Re: George Ure doom alert......

Unread postby lper100km » Fri 21 Jan 2011, 16:47:42

If you look carefully, you’ll see that the 0 declination has always been close to Florida. Since the mid 1700s, it has been roughly aligned nnw and moving slightly west. It’s more in Europe and Russia where major changes have occurred and where the magnetic force seems to be weakest.

I have no idea what that means, if anything.
lper100km
Lignite
Lignite

Location: Over the tracks, left under the overpass, right, third boxcar on the left, ask for Jack

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 21 Jan 2011, 18:09:25

lper100km wrote:I have no idea what that means, if anything.

All I know is that homo sapiens has been around for at least half a million years. If the fluctuating magnetosphere hasn't killed us yet, I doubt it will anytime soon.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 21 Jan 2011, 18:26:47

Sixstrings wrote:
lper100km wrote:I have no idea what that means, if anything.
All I know is that homo sapiens has been around for at least half a million years. If the fluctuating magnetosphere hasn't killed us yet, I doubt it will anytime soon.
What an amazing coincidence that we are so privileged that not only have we lived to experience the peak of the oil age affluence but also will be around to see the big tipping point events.

we haven't learned much since Galileo revealed that we are not the center of a spinning universe. Not much since Darwin revealed that we are not made in a creators image.

We keep wanting to draw ourselves back to the center. From where does this homocentric obsession come from.

There is no narrative out there aligned with our own individual lives. We will most likely grow old and become obsolete as the universe and consequences go on by their own rhythm independent of how futile our efforts are to try to align events within our own life's time line.

Are we that bored that meaning only comes from creating these absurd narratives?
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 21 Jan 2011, 18:48:26

we haven't learned much since Galileo revealed that we are not the center of a spinning universe. Not much since Darwin revealed that we are not made in a creators image.

Revealed? Hardy.

Of course we are created in the creators image. The ancient texts tell us all about these things, same as the Indigenous peoples in their oral traditions. The dogon even know where they came from - Sirius b

Dogon and Sirius
Certain researchers investigating the Dogon have reported that they seem to possess advanced astronomical knowledge, the nature and source of which has subsequently become embroiled in controversy. From 1931 to 1956 the French anthropologist Marcel Griaule studied the Dogon. This included field missions ranging from several days to two months in 1931, 1935, 1937 and 1938[14] and then annually from 1946 until 1956.[15] In late 1946 Griaule spent a consecutive thirty-three days in conversations with the Dogon wiseman Ogotemmêli, the source of much of Griaule and Dieterlen's future publications.[16] They reported that the Dogon believe that the brightest star in the sky, Sirius (sigi tolo or 'star of the Sigui'[17]), has two companion stars, pō tolo (the Digitaria star), and ęmmę ya tolo, (the female Sorghum star), respectively the first and second companions of Sirius A.[18] Sirius, in the Dogon system, formed one of the foci for the orbit of a tiny star, the companionate Digitaria star. When Digitaria is closest to Sirius, that star brightens: when it is farthest from Sirius, it gives off a twinkling effect that suggests to the observer several stars. The orbit cycle takes 60 years.[19] They also claimed that the Dogon appeared to know of the rings of Saturn, and the moons of Jupiter.[20]

Griaule and Dieterlen were puzzled by this Sudanese star system, and prefaced their analysis with the following remark:-

The problem of knowing how, with no instruments at their disposal, men could know the movements and certain characteristics of virtually invisible stars has not been settled, nor even posed.[21]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogon_people
vision-master

Return to Open Topic Discussion