Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Charlie Sheen Connection

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

The Charlie Sheen Connection

Unread postby mos6507 » Wed 02 Mar 2011, 19:54:22

I thought it was only a matter of time before there was enough of a linkage between Charlie Sheen and doomers to justify writing about it. I mean, the fact that he's been hanging out on Alex Jones' show is worthy of asking the question whether his crazy antics go hand in hand with his 911 tinfoil, but now the tinfoilers have upped the ante on that, by claiming that it's not that him being crazy led him to trootherism, but that trootherism led to a NWO plot to drive him crazy. Only in the minds of nutcases can you come up with that.

Looks like Sheen should have worn the literal tinfoil hat, literally, to avoid all those mind-control waves.

mos6507

Re: The Charlie Sheen Connection

Unread postby Ludi » Wed 02 Mar 2011, 20:26:51

It's especially easy for loons to buy into all kinds of conspiracies and "It's all tied together, man!" and "This means something!" (when it doesn't). Why non-loons buy into this stuff is what mystifies me. :?:

<<<a loon
Ludi

Unread postby papa moose » Wed 02 Mar 2011, 20:38:43

The thread title reminded me of Kermit singing the about the Rainbow Connection.
I found that thought oddly comforting.
Thank you :)
"That really annoying person you know, the one who's always spouting bullshit, the person who always thinks they're right?
Well, the odds are that for somebody else, you're that person.
So take the amount you think you know, reduce it by 99.999%, and then you'll have an idea of how much you actually know..."
papa moose
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Ludi » Wed 02 Mar 2011, 20:46:54

papa moose wrote:the Rainbow Connection.

Someday we'll find it! :)
Ludi

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 02 Mar 2011, 22:33:49

Hm, so the Charlie Sheen media frenzy has finally reached our little outpost on the on the internet. What's next? Posts about Susan Boyle, the latest viral videos, or that homeless guy with the golden voice who got a job? Oh wait I think I posted in that thread. :lol:

As for Alex Jones, it was pretty funny hearing him interviewed on MSNBC. He was all worked up and excited about Charlie Sheen drama (of all things) just like he gets with NWO black helicopter falling birds stuff.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby steam_cannon » Thu 03 Mar 2011, 01:20:46

Myself, I think "conspiracy theories make me itch" as Kunstler puts it. I think human stupidity is the reason most things usually happen the way they do. And we have a lot of fine debate here over research and interesting perspectives.

Regarding the cat picture, I'm going to play the Devils advocate...
2011 Scientific American wrote:Cell phone emissions change brain metabolism

Cell phones have not been convincingly linked to brain cancer, but that doesn't mean that their associated radiation has no effect on our bodies. A new study shows that these pervasive devices can alter the brain's glucose metabolism, a marker of neuronal activity. The findings will be published in the February 23 issue of JAMA, Journal of the American Medical Association.
I'll tell you something funny, I came across this article and the first thing that came to mind was, I wonder if people with less stable brain metabolism might actually benefit from a tin skullcap. That might not be a bad thing. No joke.

In the study described in Scientific American they saw "a boost in responsiveness during psychological testing". But increased or hyperactive activity is not necessarily a good thing in the long term. So perhaps with a tinfoil hat, maybe some people would have better concentration then usual or perhaps less delusional thinking. It would be an amusing if someone studied that and taking it seriously.

So that article makes me wonder if perhaps there's something to whole paranoia/tinfoil cap joke. Like the thing with nicotine. Nicotine has anti-hallucinatory properties and nicotine is used in a self medicating way by people with schizophrenia. So anyway, I say if someone want's to wrap their head in tinfoil or have a smoke. If it calms them down then I'm all for it.

Now regarding Charlie...

I'm sure Charlie is off the deep end again or looking for more attention, which translates to money for him. Rinse and repeat, that's how it works. Charlie is an icon who's current career is built around sensational liberal extremes. Not that I'm against libations, loose women and conspiracy theories, but Charlie takes it all the way to the deep end. So far he ended up here!

Do conspiracies have anything to do with the peak oil crowd?

Yes of course they do. There is a lot of good research and information here. There are a lot of realists who are drawn to this kind of research. But also there are paranoid people who already felt there was something wrong with the world, who were already convinced doom is coming and so they begin searching for signs of that doom and that's what brought them here.

So are all doomers conspiracy theorists? No and more important, I think the world is more complex then that. You mention tin foil hats, but also science shows us cell phones may be messing up peoples concentration. Maybe making edgier people edgier? These aren't unreasonable conclusions and sometimes even conspiracy theorists can be right. A broken clock is right twice a day and sometimes the insomniac fireman gets to the fire first.

We have plenty of insomniacs here and peakoil is a real fire.
"The multiplication force of technology on cognitive differences is massive." -Jordan Peterson
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Thu 03 Mar 2011, 02:37:45

papa moose wrote:The thread title reminded me of Kermit singing the about the Rainbow Connection.
I found that thought oddly comforting.
Thank you :)

Creepy. One of my Facebook friends just posted that song on their wall.
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby SpringCreekFarm » Thu 03 Mar 2011, 04:59:35

Good post Steam Cannon.

I've met people, in fact, I have friends like Charlie Sheen. Not rich, of course but "set crazy" by drugs and alcohol, like my grandma used to say. Some people, after years of being hammered and stoned just lose it.

Charlie Sheen reminds me of a school-age friend that acts really weird now because he took the good times a little too far.

As far as Charlie being a truther, well....that could happen to anyone. Some people just think that way.

For the record...I don't believe in 99.9999% of conspiracy theories, but what do I know?
SpringCreekFarm
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Sixstrings » Thu 03 Mar 2011, 06:06:42

Insane Sheen: "I'm More Famous Than Obama!"

MARCH 2--Along with allegedly threatening his estranged wife’s life and referring to his manager as a “stoopid jew pig,” Charlie Sheen recently declared, “I’m untouchable! I’m Charlie Sheen! I’m more famous than Obama!,” according to court records filed in connection with the issuance yesterday of a restraining order against the erratic actor.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/insane-sheen-im-more-famous-obama

If he really is clean then there's some kind of mental issue going on here. So at this point all the press coverage is cruel.. it's neither funny nor otherwise entertaining to see someone in this state, it's just sad.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby mos6507 » Thu 03 Mar 2011, 09:48:33

I bet someone mentioned this by now, but Sheen is becoming the REAL manifestation of messed-up Joaquin Phoenix.
mos6507

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:48:48

I guess it's only a matter of time before he starts hanging out with John Voight and speaking at Tea party events.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby pablonite » Fri 04 Mar 2011, 22:14:22

The link in the original post took me to a yahoo login but judging from the title Mos slapped on it I think I get the drift without reading it, the NWO drives patriot Charlie Sheen crazy with mind control?

Hmmm, try this conspiracy on for size...
Martin Sheen was born Ramón Gerardo Antonio Estévez but changed his surname/stage-name to Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen's surname in honor of the good bishop. Carlos Irwin Estevez followed in his fathers footsteps and took the same surname becoming Charlie Sheen. His brother Emilio Estevez did not.

Martin Sheen is a Jesuit Coadjutor meaning he is a friend and aid of the Jesuit Order, could it be his son is following in the same footsteps? The Jesuit order is a 500 year old Roman Catholic male only cult that has never undergone any reformation but has been suppressed in the past for political meddling among other intrigues only to mysteriously rise again after the Popes being responsible for the Papal Bulls suddenly become ill and die. (I'll avoid the word conspiracy :) ). The Jesuit order has one mission, to bring the entire world under the temporal and religious control of the Pope in Rome. Period. Could the order be yet another proxy for this mysterious NWO or the NWO itself?

Wouldn't it be convenient if a 9/11 troofer and popular media personality like Charlie Sheen could instantly discredit his gullible followers by going insane? It is the exact same ploy that was played out by David Shayler, an ex British security service man and 9/11 troofer who seemed to suddenly lose his mind and now claims to be the Messiah. :lol:

I was recently drinking the Eric Phelps kool-aid since I had some time on my hands. Phelps wrote Vatican Assassins, now in the 3rd edition and is a devout Protestant Christian. Phelps claims that the Jesuit order is in fact the NWO and seems to have done his research as far as I can tell, 2000 pages and I have a hard time debunking anything in it but am limited as to how much time I can spend on it. Anyway, here it is right from the horses mouth...

"...Guys, it’s right there in the thing, duh! We work for the Pope, we murder people. We’re Vatican assassins. How complicated can it be? What they’re not ready for is guys like you and I and Nails and all the other gnarly gnarlingtons in my life, that we are high priests, Vatican assassin warlocks... "
-Charlie Sheen mocking the book in an interview with Alex Jones.

Here is an interesting article on the very intriguing Sheen name and popular media family created in its wake. It looks like a conspiracy to me, certainly easier to pull off than the mysterious NWO mind control. :)
By the way, everyone is completely free to believe the accidental view of history, that things just happen by accident because of "stupid" people and "stupid" mistakes. I usually go for conspiratorial history if it is available though, it always makes more sense.

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/sheen.html
pablonite
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Sat 05 Mar 2011, 21:55:58

And now for some humor...

Charlie Sheen's Rant v Darth Vader - SHEEN WARS Mashup :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=665PiWDqXyc
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby steam_cannon » Sun 06 Mar 2011, 03:48:32

Sixstrings wrote:If he really is clean then there's some kind of mental issue going on here. So at this point all the press coverage is cruel.. it's neither funny nor otherwise entertaining to see someone in this state, it's just sad.
Well, I don't know. There's an upside to everything. What he is doing is not just wrong (non-pc/crazy), it's perfectly wrong. So wrong everyone is listening and he's racking it in from ads on twitter. All he has to do is open his mouth. He's portraying himself as "unemployed", beat down yet unbeatable, crazy enough to say the truth, divorced again average Joe. It's like Lady Gaga and her meat dress. It's genius. He might be crazy, he might not be, but he's making crazy money (articles below).

He has no reason to put a lid on it. Now he's divorced again and he's not going to get the kids. The truth is, his wife wanted out and he has a criminal history. The way the family courts are, even with no past criminal record he would have a snowballs chance in hell of getting custody of his children. Even if he got partial custody, custody violations by women are almost never enforced and very common. Charlie knows what the family courts are like. If the ex-wife doesn't want to share, then he has no chance of having a life with those kids. His child custody case is just a formality. So he has no reason put a lid on it.

In fact every woman he's married (three marriages) each has managed to like him enough to marry him then hate him enough to take his money at the right time down the road. One wife says he hit her arm, he denies it and he doesn't end up doing major time which suggests she leveraged that for a better agreement. Trumped up charges are pretty common divorce tactic because they work. The way the courts are you can be having a beer with your friend and she can say he hit her arm while you two were across town and your friend will lose. And if his wife made false charges he must be extremely jaded. Burn down his world kind of jaded.

Whatever the case if you believe he's some thug or not, I think the only reason he has a shirt on is back is because he keeps earning exponentially more money. So now he's saying that he only believes in marriage of the mind and contract marriages don't make sense. Well that's one thing he's saying that I don't think is crazy. If he married again, then based on his track record the next women will be looking for a nice monetary agreement a few years down the line. So he doesn't believe marriage is viable anymore and I have to say I agree with him on that.

So what's his next move? He's probably tired of his acting job since he was putting down his boss. If his wife made false charges he must be extremely jaded. He's got a new marketing agent, they set up an internet marketing twitter account for ad revenue, an internet radio show. And just opening his mouth makes money. What I think he's doing is becoming a radio Shock Jock. Maybe he want's to be the Howard Stern of the internet. To become a Shock Jock, pick up high priced hookers and decide how much money he want's to lose. Parties, women, cool places, great hours. A new life. Can you say "winning!"

What else can he do, retire to a mountain, say F the world and become a monk? If he can't be a #1 good guy, then why not be #1 @$$&*!!. So I think that's his plan, it's a crazy plan, but it's a plan. Or if he's just that crazy, it works very well for him.

charliesheen on Twitter wrote:# Bio Born Small... Now Huge... Winning... Bring it..! (unemployed winner...)
http://twitter.com/#!/charliesheen

newsfeed wrote:The Real Reason Charlie Sheen Joined Twitter: Money
So, how exactly did Sheen get the @CharlieSheen account and verify his account in a matter of hours? Forbes reports it's all thanks to ad agency Ad.ly, a Hollywood company that focuses on celebrity Twitter endorsements.

latimes wrote:Charlie Sheen to pitch products on Twitter, sets Guinness world record
Thursday morning, Guinness World Records said on its Facebook page that Sheen was in fact the fastest to ever hit 1 million followers on Twitter, which he did in 25 hours and 17 minutes.

That news was followed by word that Sheen signed with Ad.ly, a Beverly Hills firm that writes messages from celebrities' Twitter or Facebook accounts to endorse products or brands. The celebrities are paid for each message.
"The multiplication force of technology on cognitive differences is massive." -Jordan Peterson
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby steam_cannon » Sun 06 Mar 2011, 04:02:32

Oneaboveall wrote:And now for some humor...

Winning! :lol:
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Mon 07 Mar 2011, 19:16:44

steam_cannon wrote:Winning! :lol:

"I'M NOT THOMAS JEFFERSON! He was a p***y!" :lol:

Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 08 Mar 2011, 06:40:04

Oneaboveall wrote:
steam_cannon wrote:
Oneaboveall wrote:And now for some humor...

Winning! :lol:

"I'M NOT THOMAS JEFFERSON! He was a p***y!" :lol:

Alright I give in to the nationwide Charlie Sheen hysteria. Looked him up on Twitter. Had some laughs. Here's the latest tweet:

fastball; this just in, Thomas Jefferson comes forward to sheepishly admit, "Sheen's right. I am a p*ssy." c

So ya I see why he's a twitter phenom, with what 2.1 million followers within days. People just want to hear something off the wall and batshite nuts to lighten their day a bit.

However.. I disagree with Steam that it's about money. He was getting $1.8 million per episode for that TV show. Maybe it was too much money, maybe he should have walked away from it all like Dave Chapelle did.

The guy just doesn't look well:

That's from one of his surprise ustream webcasts.

The dude's not well.. it's not really funny. Has a celebrity ever gone this publicly crazy before?

EDIT: the Star Wars mashup is hilarious. :lol:
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby mos6507 » Tue 08 Mar 2011, 16:26:24

Isn't he already in the death-pool? After watching the USTREAM clips, I just feel sorry for him now. He's got kids that don't deserve to have a father go insane in his own reality show. He makes David Hasselhoff look normal.
mos6507

Return to Open Topic Discussion