Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Inventions, August, 1936

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Inventions, August, 1936

Unread postby bratticus » Sat 05 Mar 2011, 11:12:45

bratticus
Permanently Banned

Re: Inventions, August, 1936

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sat 05 Mar 2011, 12:03:04

Great! With all that weight before the front axle, he'll be doing front somersaults every time he hits the brakes. :lol:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Inventions, August, 1936

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 05 Mar 2011, 13:56:12

Autos operated on radio fuel may become a reality if the present consumption of oil continues and no new oil sources are discovered.

Hm, so they were worried about the "oil running out" in '36. I have an antique local newspaper from the 1920's and there's a peak oil article in it.. something about "Oil Men Worry the Oil Will Run Out" and it goes on to talk about making gas from coal. One of these days I'll have to type it out and post it here.

So.. if I doubt peak oil doom sometimes, it's because of articles like this. Just the fact that people have been worried about peak oil for literally a hundred years now, and yet here we still are.

EDIT: As for the article, wireless electricity is finally a reality:

But strap on your rubber boots; Tesla's dream has come true. After more than 100 years of dashed hopes, several companies are coming to market with technologies that can safely transmit power through the air -- a breakthrough that portends the literal and figurative untethering of our electronic age. Until this development, after all, the phrase "mobile electronics" has been a lie: How portable is your laptop if it has to feed every four hours, like an embryo, through a cord? How mobile is your phone if it shuts down after too long away from a plug? And how flexible is your business if your production area can't shift because you can't move the ceiling lights?
The world is about to be cured of its attachment disorder.
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/132/brilliant.html
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Return to Open Topic Discussion