Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Gas Prices: Californians Are Mad as Hell but Still Driving

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Gas Prices: Californians Are Mad as Hell but Still Driving

Unread postby mattduke » Fri 29 Apr 2011, 20:29:27

Even if drivers say they're not drastically altering their gas-buying habits, some gas stations are noticing a big difference. "We're selling 3,000 gallons less a day," says Gabriel Cortez, manager of a 76 station in Beverly Hills with middle-of-the-road prices. The current price increase is the most significant one Cortez can remember in 31 years working at this station, and he's fearful it may cause irreparable damage to the business. "The owner is getting nervous," Cortez says. "This is a disaster."

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 70,00.html
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Gas Prices: Californians Are Mad as Hell but Still Drivi

Unread postby Cyrus » Sat 30 Apr 2011, 02:03:57

Were at 4.34 in the Chicago suburbs.
Cyrus
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 30 Apr 2011, 08:52:00

I used to hang with those LA boy's over @ Labasaus.org

My life wuz threatened many times due to the warnings I posted about Peak Oil. This wuz back before 08.

Some ppl only believe what they wish to be true. To this day, I'm sure they still ain't got it.
vision-master

Unread postby Oakley » Sat 30 Apr 2011, 09:58:08

If the price of gasoline and other oil based products increases, many people will be forced to buy less of other things. This puts downward pressure on prices of these other things. The drag of huge debts which siphons purchasing power out of the economy, and the price pressure of oil which also siphons purchasing power out of the economy does not bode well for a recovery from the current depressed economy.

Disintegration of the industrial age is happening before our eyes.
"The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without evidence" Thomas H Huxley
Oakley
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby vision-master » Sat 30 Apr 2011, 10:01:13

For one the sheeple need to get over the idea of driving those big 4x4's and SUV's. Has anything changed? Nope. Piss on them. :badgrin:
vision-master

Unread postby misterno » Sat 30 Apr 2011, 12:29:00

I am seeing a lot of people in bus stops lately in Houston

not sure how it is related cuz why would anyone leave the comfort of the car and wait in the bus stop in 90 F degrees.
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mos6507 » Sat 30 Apr 2011, 22:12:57

One of the fringe benefits of living in MA is I don't have to deal with the high gas taxes that I did in CA. I remember when I first moved back here in 2008 and gas was like 25-30c cheaper than the west-coast. It really put some perspective on my doom-o-meter. I would be freaking out a lot more if I still lived in SoCal.
mos6507

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 02 May 2011, 16:29:22

mos6507 wrote:One of the fringe benefits of living in MA is I don't have to deal with the high gas taxes that I did in CA. I remember when I first moved back here in 2008 and gas was like 25-30c cheaper than the west-coast. It really put some perspective on my doom-o-meter. I would be freaking out a lot more if I still lived in SoCal.

How much MA spends per resident vs CA?
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion