Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally

Unread postby mattduke » Tue 03 May 2011, 06:07:48

A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania, culminated in the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area.

The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

It's the interstate commerce clause, you see.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... k-locally/
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally

Unread postby Nefarious » Tue 03 May 2011, 13:09:20

WTF?!?! Seriously wtf do you say about this? A yearlong undercover operation with a 5am police raid on an Amish farm for selling raw milk!! Have we lost all sense and sensibility. All the problems we have and they want to waste money on this bulls*#t.
This needs to be posted in the "Why America is Doomed" thread.
The more I read stuff like this the more I believe we deserve what's coming down the pipe. Take care of yourself and let all others rot in their stupidity.
I read an article the other day that an asian man called the police for racial abuse when a guy in a bar was singing "kung fu fighting" and they actually arrested him.
There's no way these kinds of people are going to make it. Good riddance I say,Darwinism at its finest.
'By the pricking of my thumbs,Something Wicked This Way Comes."
Nefarious
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 03 May 2011, 13:37:49

For once I'm not going to demagogue an issue.

This isn't Obama's fault, Congress needs to address it. Pasteurization is the law.. the Amish aren't just sticking to themselves anymore, they have lots of stores now selling lots of thing to we "English."

Common sense wise though, it's time to change the law so that adults can consent to take a risk on farm milk or co-op milk / produce / eggs. Folks should write and call their congressman over this.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 03 May 2011, 16:01:59

Nefarious wrote:WTF?!?! Have we lost all sense and sensibility. All the problems we have and they want to waste money on this bulls*#t.
There's no way these kinds of people are going to make it. Good riddance I say,Darwinism at its finest.

Yup and yup.
When going through hell, keep going! Churchill
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much. E Wiman
I know there’s no solution, so I just enjoy what’s here and I enjoy the journey G Carlin
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pretorian » Tue 03 May 2011, 17:57:38

There are perfectly legal ways to buy and sell raw milk. You buy a fraction of the cow and pay farmer maintenance fee for said fraction. That is it.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Nefarious » Tue 03 May 2011, 18:24:34

pstarr wrote:All potential human feed stocks must first be reclaimed from their natural state and pass through and incur processing upgrades for conversion into healthy nutritional supplementation. Unimproved biological entities are dangerous and must considered as possible dietary terrorists until proven safe.

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

That would be hilarious if it weren't for the sad fact that it's true. That's how they think. I wonder when they are going to start going after the ranches where I get my no antibiotic,no growth hormone, 100% grass fed beef?

EDIT: and my RAW MILK cheese
Nefarious
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Nefarious » Tue 03 May 2011, 18:37:11

I guess they're going to be getting search warrants for our refrigerators.

" Oh! Mr. Nef, I see we have an illegal bottle of raw milk and some cheese here."
"Take him downtown boys, see if we can get him to turn on his dealer"
" we're going to take down this milk ring!"

PUBLIC ENEMY No1
Nefarious
Coal
Coal

Unread postby efarmer » Tue 03 May 2011, 19:53:03

Thou hast the right to remain silent. Anything thee says or does can and will be held
against thee in a court of law. Thou has the right to speak to an attorney. If thou
cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed unto thee. Do thee understand
these rights as they have been read unto thee?

I am emailing Donald Trump right now to lean on this man until he comes up with the
cow's birth certificate, otherwise she is obviously not a legal and legitimate cow.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jupiters_release » Tue 03 May 2011, 20:10:13

Pretorian wrote:There are perfectly legal ways to buy and sell raw milk. You buy a fraction of the cow and pay farmer maintenance fee for said fraction. That is it.

Papers please?

How much additional bureaucracy, paperwork, and accounting must a farmer go to so you can drink a glass of raw milk?

I'm abstaining from all local grass-fed meat and dairy for the next year anyways. I'll get my daily recommended cesium dose from the veggies.
Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish opinions.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jupiters_release » Tue 03 May 2011, 20:14:16

Nefarious wrote:
pstarr wrote:All potential human feed stocks must first be reclaimed from their natural state and pass through and incur processing upgrades for conversion into healthy nutritional supplementation. Unimproved biological entities are dangerous and must considered as possible dietary terrorists until proven safe.

Thank you for your time and consideration. :)

That would be hilarious if it weren't for the sad fact that it's true. That's how they think. I wonder when they are going to start going after the ranches where I get my no antibiotic,no growth hormone, 100% grass fed beef?

EDIT: and my RAW MILK cheese

6-18 months? They'll probably let you keep it while it still has some fallout accumulation, not that your stuff does?
Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish opinions.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Tue 03 May 2011, 20:41:16

jupiters_release wrote:Papers please? How much additional bureaucracy, paperwork, and accounting must a farmer go to so you can drink a glass of raw milk?
I'm abstaining from all local grass-fed meat and dairy for the next year anyways. I'll get my daily recommended cesium dose from the veggies.

I don't know, it depends on a state i'm sure , but apparently it is worth it to both parties.
And yes, raw milk cheese is pretty much the only cheese there is. What about goat milk, is it legal to sell it raw? They dont get TB from what i hear
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Another Raw Milk Raid

Unread postby mattduke » Wed 03 Aug 2011, 22:42:25

Should I tip the FBI that the store down the street is selling raw meat?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/0 ... 17540.html
Last edited by Ferretlover on Sat 13 Aug 2011, 17:32:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged thread.
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Another Raw Milk Raid

Unread postby Falconoffury » Mon 08 Aug 2011, 15:55:28

Isn't it great living in a country where you are allowed to smoke ciggarettes, drink alcohol, and eat hydrogenated oils, but you can't drink raw milk? Raw foods are too healthy for Americans.

Anyone miss me? After a few years, I'm back!
"If humans don't control their numbers, nature will." -Pimentel
"There is not enough trash to go around for everyone," said Banrel, one of the participants in the cattle massacre.
"Bush, Bush, listen well: Two shoes on your head," the protesters chant
Falconoffury
Expert
Expert

Unread postby TITAN » Mon 08 Aug 2011, 17:43:49

How on Earth could we possibly keep our massive healthcare clusterfuck afloat if everyone was healthy??

Of course they are going to raid something like this. If word got out to the masses that what they are eating is the leading cause of all their problems, several gigantic industries would dissolve quite quickly.
"There will be another US civil war by 2015" - my old quote/prediction made years ago. Now that the establishment and evil of Hillary has been vanquished, America can be made great again.
TITAN
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Tue 09 Aug 2011, 15:42:52

Falconoffury wrote:Isn't it great living in a country where you are allowed to smoke ciggarettes, drink alcohol, and eat hydrogenated oils, but you can't drink raw milk? Raw foods are too healthy for Americans.

Raw foods are great when they contain e-Coli and salmonella. This whole raw-food thing is a total fad.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 09 Aug 2011, 17:47:43

Serial_Worrier wrote:
Falconoffury wrote:Isn't it great living in a country where you are allowed to smoke ciggarettes, drink alcohol, and eat hydrogenated oils, but you can't drink raw milk? Raw foods are too healthy for Americans.

Raw foods are great when they contain e-Coli and salmonella. This whole raw-food thing is a total fad.

Don't you believe people should be allowed to take that risk or must we control all choices people make?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Oakley » Tue 09 Aug 2011, 17:50:39

Serial_Worrier wrote:

If you are interested in good quality, then why would you pick the poorest quality organization known to mankind, i.e. government, to protect your interests when you select what foods to put in your body. There are many better ways, one being private inspection and rating services like UL and Consumer Reports, and quality control membership organizations. The argument that without government we would be subjected to e-Coli and salmonella any more than we already are with the current government "protection" is somewhat spurious.

No system is fail safe. If people choose to consume raw foods that have not been adulterated with poisons and devitalized by processing, then that is their choice in a free society. And clearly, there is nothing safe about much of the government approved food and drugs that occupy the shelves of our food stores. The whole system of government protection is a scam, usually to promote the interests of some privileged group at the expense of the majority.

I would venture to say that through the majority of human history, raw food has been the majority of what we eat, so I would hardly describe it as a fad.
"The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without evidence" Thomas H Huxley
Oakley
Lignite
Lignite

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion