Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Rapture predicted for this Saturday May 21st

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Rapture predicted for this Saturday May 21st

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Thu 19 May 2011, 22:45:57

Every day I drive to work past 3 billboards all with the same message- 'Judgement day May 21, 2011- Cry mightly to the lord now'

Besides the fact that every day I get reminded how idiotic a large percentage of the population is; the fact is that they are about to be proven wrong about the end of the world yet again this saturday:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/animat ... re-dummies

and...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/ ... 0720110519

SAN FRANCISCO, May 19 (Reuters) - The U.S. evangelical Christian broadcaster predicting that Judgment Day will come on Saturday says he expects to stay close to a TV or radio to monitor the unfolding apocalypse.

His supporters have posted about 2,200 billboards around the United States about the coming apocalypse, and dozens of followers have driven across the country to spread the news

Says true believers to go to heaven, others left behind (Adds comments from "Left Behind" author and atheists)

I'll be having a good laugh Sunday morning. (I'm taking a weekend family vacation to attend a wedding on Sunday afternoon). I'm sure he'll have a fun day watching the apocalypse in front of his TV and beside his radio- (Which, of course, will have no intruption in the live coverage of the end of the world). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Rapture predicted for this Saturday May 21st

Unread postby cipi604 » Thu 19 May 2011, 22:51:21

I heard that the guy has a "Donate" button on the website. :-D Go figure!
cipi604
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mattduke » Thu 19 May 2011, 23:20:01

These guys will take care of your pets once you ascend to heaven, for a fee.

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Novus » Fri 20 May 2011, 00:49:55

These rapture guys are a joke and everyone knows it is not going to happen. The real conspiracy is the media is setting them up for a fall to discredit religion in general. Just saw an news piece on Apple users show the same devotion as religious fanatics only instead of quietly worshiping some god they buy Apple goods. There was another study released that showed humans are hard wired to believe in some type of religion.

Connect the dots. People are being trained to worship at the alter of consumer capitalism here. Out the old Gods. In the the new Gods. Armageddon indeed.
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby eXpat » Fri 20 May 2011, 09:08:47

It is already May 21st in New Zealand, and no one has been raptured, This just proves NZ is full of godless, heretic people. :badgrin:
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby eXpat » Fri 20 May 2011, 09:12:50

Opportunities for business boom!! :) :lol:
The post-doomsday pet rescue service, comprised of sworn atheists, already has 259 clients who have paid $135 for the first pet and $20 for each additional pet at the same address.

You can trust an aetheist, according to Eternal Earth-Bound Pets.

"Being an atheist does not mean we lack morals or ethics. It just means we don't believe in God or gods. All of our representatives are normal folks who love and live for their family, are gainfully employed, and have friends of varying beliefs. Some of us are married to believers," it reads on the site's FAQ. "We fully endorse the "Rule of Reciprocity," also known as 'The Golden Rule.'"

The funds will ensure that the pets are looked after and loved even when their Christian owners are at God's side.

When Judgment Day occurs, Eternal Earth-Bound Pets co-founder Bart Centre "will notify all of our rescuers to go into action and they will drive to the homes of anyone who has signed a contract with us, pick up their pets and take them home and adopt them as their own, keeping them happy and healthy for the rest of their lives.”

"This will happen only if and when the Rapture happens. So we do not expect to have to do anything on Saturday," Centre told AFP.

Then again, if the Rapture occurs on May 21, then these adoptive pet owners really only have to look after their charges for a few months.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/pets/2011/05/19/2011-05-19_atheist_business_vows_to_rescue_pets_on_may_21_in_case_of_rapture_owners_ascend_.html

Great video! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OySl4D7S4U&feature=player_embedded#at=56
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Fri 20 May 2011, 10:27:30

I was working on some stone columns I'm building around the house yesterday and I think I got ruptured two days early!
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 20 May 2011, 10:35:27

Poof, I'm outta here. :lol:
vision-master

Unread postby ian807 » Fri 20 May 2011, 10:55:20

I pray for the rapture. I mean, just think how many parking spaces would open up!
ian807
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby dinopello » Fri 20 May 2011, 11:22:47

cipi604 wrote:I heard that the guy has a "Donate" button on the website. :-D Go figure!

His Rapture organization has over 70 million bucks in donations.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Lore » Fri 20 May 2011, 11:41:31

ian807 wrote:I pray for the rapture. I mean, just think how many parking spaces would open up!

Except, nobody in cars to fill them.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby eXpat » Fri 20 May 2011, 12:23:05

Apparently the schedule for tomorrow is like this:
-At 6 AM the faithful will go flying to the sky, to the heaven.
-Then, everyone will be greeted by Jesuz himself!
-I assume that when everybody arrives, there will be some kind of official ceremony. Maybe an angel parade or something.

-And then all the saved ones, will peer from the sky, to see the big earthquake that will wreak havoc here in the earth.

-After months of natural disasters, earth will finally come to an end in October.
George Bernard Shaw

eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Fishman » Fri 20 May 2011, 16:54:01

Thats why the CDC posted the zombie stuff. You didn't take it serious, tooo baad.
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ferretlover » Fri 20 May 2011, 17:01:36

Not going to happen. We just found out yesterday that we are being transferred north to Wichita, KS in the next six to 12 months, putting us 14 hours closer to our children.
Kind of a shame though that there won't be a rapture: just think of the extended lifelines of all of our dwindling resources! :lol:
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby ian807 » Fri 20 May 2011, 18:21:39

Lore wrote:
ian807 wrote:I pray for the rapture. I mean, just think how many parking spaces would open up!

Except, nobody in cars to fill them.

Even better!
ian807
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby EOTWAWKI » Fri 20 May 2011, 19:25:02

C'mon - 'fess up. Who is going to be just a little bit disapointed when they wake up on Sunday morning and nothing has happened? :razz:
EOTWAWKI
Permanently Banned

Unread postby eXpat » Fri 20 May 2011, 19:35:16

Some companies are cashing in :) $$$$$
Post rapture post: http://www.postrapturepost.com/order.html

Earth bound pets: http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

Family Radio:
Judgment Day is fabulous for business.

Just ask Family Radio, the evangelical nonprofit that has plastered billboards and driven vans across the Bay Area and the world proclaiming the end of the world will be Saturday. The Oakland-based nonprofit has raised more than $100 million over the past seven years, according to tax returns. It owns 66 radio stations across the globe and was worth more than $72 million in 2009.

As The End nears, donations have spiked, a board member says, enabling Family Radio to spend millions of dollars on more than 5,000 billboards.

But it is not about money, say President Harold Camping and board member Tom Evans. It's about spreading the Gospel and saving as many people as possible.

What will the nonprofit do with the millions of dollars left in the bank Saturday?

"When Judgment Day comes, if someone is a billionaire, how will they take their money with them?" said Camping, 89, during a phone interview Tuesday. "If we have any money left, and we will because we have to pay bills up to the very end "... it will all be destroyed because the world will be in a day of judgment.

"The money is not important at all. It's a vehicle to spread the judgment and a vehicle of the Lord."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_18089432?nclick_check=1
George Bernard Shaw

eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Fri 20 May 2011, 19:38:00

I guess spring cleaning you're 1950s fall out shelter is waste of time then?
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dorlomin » Fri 20 May 2011, 19:44:31

dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ColossalContrarian » Fri 20 May 2011, 19:53:34

If you're asking yourself if you're faithful are you already doomed? :twisted: