Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

High Pressure Moves East - Disaster Averted

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

High Pressure Moves East - Disaster Averted

Unread postby peeker01 » Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:43:55

The giant high pressure area that caused the high temps is diminishing and moving east. Jet-
stream is coming back with it's normal easterly flow and quite strong for summer. Trof is
coming on shore in Pacific Northwest, threatening more rain.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/JetStream.aspx
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Re: High Pressure Moves East - Disaster Averted

Unread postby Lore » Fri 22 Jul 2011, 12:49:55

No relief for the South and Southwest into next week.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 22 Jul 2011, 13:42:00

I know you global warming deniers would just like this to go away. It's really messing with your meme.

The triple-digit Fahrenheit heat will continue to impact a large swathe of the United States, with "bullseyes of high heat and humidity" in the central states and up and down most of the east coast.

It's the combination of heat and humidity that makes the heatwave so unbearable and potentially dangerous: the more moisture there is in the hot air, the more difficult it is for the body to sweat and cool itself.

Vaccaro said the current heatwave has "a lot of unique and dangerous characteristics.

"It's extremely long-lasting, for a start. This latest surge formed a week ago, hitting the central states and then moving eastward. And we had another heatwave before that," he said.

The scale of the heatwave was also significant, said Vaccaro. As many as 34 states at a time have been under heat advisories during the bout of hot weather, which finally began lifting on Thursday in the Midwest.

The high temperatures on the east coast are expected to ease on Saturday, when a cold front -- or less-hot front -- moves through.

link

It is still July. This isn't over. 10 day forecast for Lake Texoma is still over 100 and sunny for the next 10 days. We have had over 30 consecutive days over 100 already.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Fri 22 Jul 2011, 15:17:24

I don't really know why I respond to your trolling...

The markets think it was bad enough to add at least ยข50 each to corn beans and wheat prices the last couple of weeks. Cattle are being taken off pasture early and sent to slaughter and calves to grow-lots, meaning even higher demand for corn and way higher prices for beef, pork, chicken within 6 months. Milk production can drop 50% in a drought and rate of insemination to only 10-20% meaning higher milk prices right now and higher prices in a couple of years. The USDA says this setup may redevelop.

The one thing I've found about people who come here and say things like "disaster averted" is they wouldn't know disaster if it looked them in the eye. This is no disaster for people who have no trouble paying for food but for many Americans and a majority of the worlds population that depend on a large harvest from the US Midwest to keep food prices low, this summer could well be a disaster.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby peeker01 » Fri 22 Jul 2011, 15:35:21

Pops, all I do is give a weather report, a hopeful one at that, and you get aggravated. Nobody
is denying it got hot and dry, especially now that it has been validated by futures traders :) .
I just wish you could enjoy the normal summer temps and rainfall that is just days away.
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby highlander » Fri 22 Jul 2011, 15:46:20

Cid_Yama wrote:I know you global warming deniers would just like this to go away. It's really messing with your meme.

It is still July. This isn't over. 10 day forecast for Lake Texoma is still over 100 and sunny for the next 10 days. We have had over 30 consecutive days over 100 already.

Don't know why you made a blind side attack on "global warming deniers", someone just noted the high pressure ridge is moving. Your forecast doesn't seem to indicate any relief. Do you have high humidity to go with the temps?
Here in the PNW, we have had a much colder and wetter than average spring and summer, so far.
We might get our first 90 degree day this weekend.
Pop's observations are where the rubber hits the road, when food production gets hammered, everybody pays the price.

Hope the hot spell breaks for you all soon.
This is where everybody puts profound words written by another...or not so profound words written by themselves
Highlander 2007
highlander
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Novus » Fri 22 Jul 2011, 16:17:39

News flash it gets hot in the summer.

Preview of my post 6 months from now.

I gets cold in the winter.

Seasonal weather doesn't prove or disprove climate change.
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Fri 22 Jul 2011, 16:43:13

Pops wrote:The one thing I've found about people who come here and say things like "disaster averted" is they wouldn't know disaster if it looked them in the eye. This is no disaster for people who have no trouble paying for food but for many Americans and a majority of the worlds population that depend on a large harvest from the US Midwest to keep food prices low, this summer could well be a disaster.

The scary part is that it's becoming more common. Russia, France, South America, Africa and now right here in our own bread basket.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Put Your Rain Coat On

Unread postby peeker01 » Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:43:31

The high pressure is gone, and here comes a big cold front from Canada. Pull out your umbrella!

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/ ... e_anim.gif
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Re: Put Your Rain Coat On

Unread postby Pops » Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:42:19

peeker01 wrote:The high pressure is gone, and here comes a big cold front from Canada. Pull out your umbrella!

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/ ... e_anim.gif

Put your weather news here.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby peeker01 » Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:34:09

This chart shows you to be a bit sensational and inaccurate.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USDC0001
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Return to Open Topic Discussion