Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Feeling The Heat? or feeling the heat?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Feeling The Heat? or feeling the heat?

Unread postby the48thronin » Sun 31 Jul 2011, 17:39:02

Because I travel in a 74 ft long vehicle, I tend to shop only in large box wally world stores.

I notice that product of USA items are getting easier to find in the food isles.

I notice that made in USA is still possibe to find in most of the things I want except pet food that my 15 year old llahsa apso will actually eat.

But today I was slapped in the face as I went shopping in south dallas area by what I am naming Wal-mart super security level 3 center.

later

By this time long unused skills demanded I shop a patten that would let me see every door to the outside of the store. So I started in the garden section, 3 greeters between the checl out and the opening to the parking lot.

Automotive, door that had to be opened with a buzzed button and 2 greeters.

both front entrances 3 greeters and a city cop.

Parking lot 2 roaming private "enforcment" ( yes they did use that word instead of security) automobiles cruising.

OK having assured myself I was secure from zombie attack I started looking for the items I wanted to buy.

and even later

The food isles were packed with people, and associates, in fact with the labor force I saw either a training session was in progrss or the policy there is to run to the back and restock anything more than 4 are sold... The shelves were bursting with goods, but the carts were going through the check outs with very small amounts of goods except for a few people who had full carts.

My wife speculated the mobs of shoppers might have been walking in the AC more than shopping. If this super center was in a small rural town I might agree. BUT this super center backs onto interstate 20 in south Dallas TEXAS and is surrounded by malls and other big box stores.

Interesting trip to the store... security level 3 at least.. I have never seen that at wally world before.

http://malthusia.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2111&p=24727#p24727
Malthusian Riders Member!

Courtesy and Courage Sincerity and Self-control Honor and Loyalty a Code to Live By!
What do the miners do when the canary dies? EVACUATE THE MINE not argue about the color of it's feathers or buy a parrot instead.

Where is my pitchfork and torch? I need them for a visit to the castle!
the48thronin
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Economics & Finance