Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Airplane Circling Wall Street With Banner:

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Airplane Circling Wall Street With Banner:

Unread postby timmac » Wed 10 Aug 2011, 01:06:09

Airplane Circling Wall Street With Banner: 'Thanks For The Downgrade. You Should All Be Fired'
On Tuesday, less than a week after Standard and Poor's downgraded U.S. credit for the first time in history, a plane circled lower Manhattan with a banner that read: "Thanks for the downgrade. You should all be fired," according to a tweet by AmericanBanker. It has since come out that the stunt was paid for by an unnamed broker from St. Louis, according to Fortune.

But if the patron had gotten her first choice, the plane would have been circling another city center.

"I originally wanted to fly it over Washington, D.C., but learned that you can't do that," she told Fortune anonymously, for fear of losing her job. "So I chose Wall Street instead, but didn't specifically intend it to fly over S&P."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/09/airplane-downgrade-wall-street-s-and-p_n_922565.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009&ref=fb&src=sp

Folks and Peakers, I feel and see and hear from common people, news reporters, politicians, etc, etc, that things are heating up, this nation is dividing fast, we got the tea party's are mad, politicians are mad and calling each other names, stock brokers are mad, business people are mad, teachers are mad, there is tension in the air, if things don't calm down soon I am not sure what will happen, this 2012 election is going to be a mad house..
timmac
Permanently Banned

Re: Airplane Circling Wall Street With Banner:

Unread postby americandream » Wed 10 Aug 2011, 01:19:00

Petulant infantilism. A free market is a free market, warts and all.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Fri 12 Aug 2011, 02:35:35

timmac wrote:I feel and see and hear from common people, news reporters, politicians, etc, etc, that things are heating up, this nation is dividing fast, we got the tea party's are mad, politicians are mad and calling each other names, stock brokers are mad, business people are mad, teachers are mad, there is tension in the air, if things don't calm down soon I am not sure what will happen, this 2012 election is going to be a mad house..
Us fuuriners don't get to vote in your free democratic-republicon elections, so we must content ourselves with
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Oneaboveall » Fri 12 Aug 2011, 02:46:13

Anyone make a Joe Stack joke yet?
When the banksters want something, our policymakers move with the speed of Mercury and the determination of Ares. It’s only when the rest of us need something that there is paralysis.

How free are we today with the dominance of globalist capital and militarized security apparatus?
Oneaboveall
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby dolanbaker » Fri 12 Aug 2011, 14:30:15

The message would have had more impact if he'd flown it into the building. :badgrin:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 12 Aug 2011, 14:58:41

The guys who work on Wall Street are there to make money for their hedge funds, their banks, and themselves. They don't care about a US downgrade -- only how to make money off it. They will never turn down free quantitative easing cash for the good of the country. Capital knows no borders, when one particular country is cleaned out they'll just move on to the next.

As America crumbles, Manhattan and the Hamptons are doing just fine.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Return to North America Discussion