Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

2012 Elections/ Other parties Thread

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

2012 Elections/ Other parties Thread

Unread postby Ferretlover » Thu 11 Aug 2011, 21:39:28

Lest PO.com become overwhelmed with 2012 election threads over the next fourteen months until the elections, we have decided to confine ALL election-related posts to three threads: Democrats, Republicans and other parties. Any other elections-related posts that are not confined to those threads will be deleted without notice to the poster. Thank you for your interest in Peakoil.com.
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Re: 2012 Elections/ Other parties Thread

Unread postby timmac » Thu 11 Aug 2011, 21:49:57

Here is a list of Independent and other misc parties shooting for the White House in 2012.

Donald Trump, businessman and television personality, of New York. In early 2011, Trump openly discussed the possibility of making an independent presidential bid in 2012.[37][38] In May 2011, he formally declined to enter the presidential race when he announced in a press release that "After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency... I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."[39

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_third_party_and_independent_presidential_candidates,_2012
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby timmac » Thu 11 Aug 2011, 21:55:07

However Trump says he will reconsider if the economy keeps going down..

During The Situation Room on CNN earlier today, Wolf Blitzer spoke via phone with guest Donald Trump. He weighed in on the S&P credit downgrade and ensuing stock market turmoil, and mentioned at one point that things are so bad he might have to reconsider and get back into the presidential race.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/stock-ma ... z1Um8bfWpO

http://www.businessinsider.com/stock-market-collapse-time-for-donald-trump-to-run-again-for-president-2011-8
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Fishman » Thu 11 Aug 2011, 21:57:24

Would this be the cannabil thread? I mean cannibil of votes from the other major parties that is.
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby timmac » Thu 11 Aug 2011, 22:02:25

The way Obama has ran the White House even this guy could beat him in 2012..
:shock:

Burck, better known as the Naked Cowboy, initially announced his intentions to run for President on September 29, 2010,[18] before formally declaring his candidacy at a press conference in New York City's Times Square on October 6, 2010.[19][20][21] Burck proclaimed “I am not a Republican, I am not a Democrat, I am an American .....it is my goal and intention to lead the Tea Party to the office of the presidency.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_third_party_and_independent_presidential_candidates,_2012
timmac
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 13 Aug 2011, 00:35:26

timmac wrote:The way Obama has ran the White House even this guy could beat him in 2012..

Does he frequently lie about what he will do once elected. He will only be Obama's "equal" if he lies most of the time.

Some of my favorite Obama lies are:

"The more OPEN government".
"Change you can believe in".
"Ending the needless wars in the middle east".
"You won't have to change your health care plan".

But then again, I guess I'm just p*ssed about having voted for him and him constantly equating everyone making $200,000 or more as a "corporate jet owner" who "needs to pay their fair share", when the top 1% already pay over 40% of the federal taxes, while earning about 20% of the income.

Or attacking business owners for being successful while CLAIMING to be making more jobs a "top priority". :roll:

Sorry, I gotta go watch CSPAN while they report on more "Behind closed doors" negotiations as part of Obama's OPEN government... :x
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby dinopello » Sat 13 Aug 2011, 07:02:55

Ron Paul could probably get 20% as an independent.

This group says they will have a ticket on every ballot in the US
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 13 Aug 2011, 07:52:49

I would definitely vote for him as an Independent. Anyone who pisses off the Democrats and Republicans, to a somewhat equal extent, deserves the job as president.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby halleyF » Sat 20 Aug 2011, 05:35:34

Elections 2012 is only around the corner. Right now, there are many aspiring candidates that are very much ready to do everything just to be in the position. Election campaign is also fast approaching, but I don't think it will be easy now for political candidates to gain campaign funds since there is now a new advocacy about political donations. Just recently the CEO of Starbucks coffee company thinks political figures should do better. In an open letter, he outlined his concerns. Rather than just expressing that annoyance, he has promised to cut off politicians where it hurts - in the campaign war chest. [i]Linkbaiting deleted.[/
Last edited by Ferretlover on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 10:19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Linkbaiting deleted per the COC.
halleyF
Wood
Wood

Return to North America Discussion