Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Favre to Open for Colts?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Favre to Open for Colts?

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 22 Aug 2011, 15:24:57

Peyton Manning's neck isn't healing as quickly as anticipated. The Indianapolis Colts are concerned about the possibility that he won't be ready for the start of the season. Backups Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky have been atrocious in the preseason. There is a future Hall of Famer in Hattiesburg, Miss., who's shown a penchant for comebacks: Brett Favre.

Uh-oh.

Colts owner Jim Irsay tweeted this earlier:

Brad, I'm in Hattiesburg ... Is it right or left at the Firechief?

If they happen to know that Manning's injury is more serious than anyone thinks it is, then they need someone. As a hypothetical, a season where the Colts have to go with only Painter and Orlovsky at quarterback is a lost season. Neither is good enough, and it would mean an Indianapolis season where a whole lot of talent goes wasted. Neither of those guys would get Indy to the playoffs or even .500.

The "Brad" mentioned in the tweet, I'm guessing would be Brad Childress, the former Vikings coach who personally ushered Favre in and out of Minnesota.

link
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Favre to Open for Colts?

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 22 Aug 2011, 16:03:58

The Brown's better hope he doesn't come back, Favre spent several days this summer teaching McCoy the Brown's playbook.

Because McCoy wasn't permitted to have any contact during the lockout with first-year Browns coach Pat Shurmur or any of his assistants, he was looking for help with the West Coast. McCoy was able to get a copy of Shurmur's playbook during a one-day break in the labor strife. But without anyone to explain it to him, McCoy needed help.

Enter Favre, who knows the West Coast as well as anyone.

"He helped me on some things," McCoy said. "I had the playbook and I had some tape.

link

Cleveland faces Indianapolis in week 2.

Even kicker Adam Vinatieri, who wears Favre's trademark No. 4, wound up talking about Favre.

“Most things in life are for sale, but it's like I told them, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it,” Vinatieri said, jokingly referring to the possibility of giving up his number to Favre.

link
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Favre to Open for Colts?

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 22 Aug 2011, 16:59:13

If you are only needing a quarterback until Peyton returns, you couldn't find a better choice. He's available, he's better than what they've got, and he would probably be open to coming in temporarily for a few weeks.

That way you don't need to rush Manning back and and possibly get him reinjured and lose him for the whole season.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Open Topic Discussion