Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Why The Drought Is Going To End

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Why The Drought Is Going To End

Unread postby peeker01 » Thu 15 Sep 2011, 20:51:24

For those of you who don't understand how weather works (doobie), the attached upper air chart
will show you how the high over Texas has broken up, and the steering currents are now zonal,
bring in moisture from the west and southwest. Good news surely.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/JetStream.aspx
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Re: Why The Drought Is Going To End

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 09:53:16

Do you not get it? Fall here is supposed to look like a swamp. I'm supposed to step on my lawn and here squishy sounds; I'm supposed to go to the Renfair and think rubber boots, not sandals. Football stadiums are enclosed here so that you don't end up watching two sets of mudblobs doing a testosterone version of mud wrestling.

I step on my lawn now, or walk on the farm's grass remains and I hear distinctly West Texas style desert gravelly dry dusty sounds. Its friggin creapy.

Even if the normal rain pattern returned for fall, it wouldn't be enough; and CPC says dryer than normal, contrary to your wishcasters. Not that there isn't hope, and not that the drought won't end; but it won't be ending this fall nor winter. Our next LaNina should be a wimpy version, so maybe with a little luck we'll go ElNino next, and that *will* end the drought. It might end the drought with 50" of rain. Ask the folks along the Brazos and Guadalupe about floods. Massive and fast. Climate change or not, we're definitely in outlier territory...
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby peeker01 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:39:41

I don't know what's wrong with you people. I don't know why you can't accept good news.
Don't really care what sounds your sandals make in the grass, or when they will do it again.
Remember, California was just as dry 2 years ago, and it is OVER. If Texas needs more reservoir
capacity to span a 1 year drought, I suggest you get started.

The weather pattern has shifted, and shifted for the good. You should be happy, not snippy.
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:46:39

You really need to stop talking about a state you know nothing about.

Texas has plenty of reservoir capacity. Able to outlast double the current drought. But that's not the problem. The problem is the agricultural and fire impacts. And there is no good news to be had on that front. The breaking of the high and fall weather pattern will not bring anywhere near enough rain to have an impact. Unfortunately, we know, and have experienced what WILL do it; and while it will be very wet, it will also be very destructive.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Oakley » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:50:58

Don't you Texans worry; Rick Perry is praying the drought away.
"The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without evidence" Thomas H Huxley
Oakley
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby peeker01 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:53:16

I lived in Dallas long enough to know that there are wet years and there are dry years in
Texas. Sack Up and quit your whining.
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:05:01

peeker01 wrote:I lived in Dallas long enough to know that there are wet years and there are dry years in

No one is whining. If you lived in Dallas you should have already known that Texas has an enormous quantity of reservoirs. Unless you were completely oblivious, lived as a shut-in, and were under medical treatment that made you temporarily blind.... How could you live in Dallas and think we need more reservoirs????????

I am telling you the fact that the normal fall weather pattern with the high now broken up, will have no impact on the drought. There are things that can break this drought, a large tropical system (gulf or pacific origin), or a solid El Nino on the next cycle. Both of those possibilities can absolutely drown us in water, and do it in a hurry. Unfortunately, it looks like we've missed 2011 tropical opportunity (GOM is cooling substantially), and an El Nino cycle doesn't have a chance until middle of 2012.

So, no, the breaking of the high will NOT end the drought in any way, shape, or form.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby eXpat » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:14:04

Shorty
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby peeker01 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:48:47

AgentR11 wrote:
peeker01 wrote:I lived in Dallas long enough to know that there are wet years and there are dry years in

No one is whining. If you lived in Dallas you should have already known that Texas has an enormous quantity of reservoirs. Unless you were completely oblivious, lived as a shut-in, and were under medical treatment that made you temporarily blind.... How could you live in Dallas and think we need more reservoirs????????

I am telling you the fact that the normal fall weather pattern with the high now broken up, will have no impact on the drought. There are things that can break this drought, a large tropical system (gulf or pacific origin), or a solid El Nino on the next cycle. Both of those possibilities can absolutely drown us in water, and do it in a hurry. Unfortunately, it looks like we've missed 2011 tropical opportunity (GOM is cooling substantially), and an El Nino cycle doesn't have a chance until middle of 2012.

So, no, the breaking of the high will NOT end the drought in any way, shape, or form.

Well lets see........Could it be the first ever piss to drinking water plant being build in Texas?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/0 ... 19782.html

Sack up agent. Go clean up your back yard and quit whining about the weather.
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:11:07

So not only can you not count reservoirs and note that we'd dam up a runny nose if the lip under it would stay still long enough; you also object to facilities to further improve the civil water capacity in the state? Ludite syndrome? I really don't get what makes you tick in this thread. The normal fall weather pattern can not break the current drought. The ground is too dry, the deficit is simply too large. It may rain, and rain good in the fall, despite the CPC's evaluation, and the DROUGHT WILL STILL BE SEVERE/EXCEPTIONAL.

Why is that so hard to understand?

So first, you suggest some fall rains will break the drought. Which they can't.

Then you suggest to build more reservoirs, which can't happen, because all the workable possibilities are already built.

If someone magically added another river system to Texas with something resembling rock underneath it somewhere, it'd still be empty since Texas rivers have squat for streamflow without local precipitation. So, the magical dam, and magical reservoir and the magical river, would be unmagically, very empty.

Then you whine about a water treatment plant?

There's some method to your posts somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby peeker01 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:14:51

You are repeating yourself. Better go find your umbrella. I think I saw it in the backyard!
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:33:53

peeker01 wrote:You are repeating yourself. Better go find your umbrella. I think I saw it in the backyard!

There are two in my backyard...
One might be broke though.

You still haven't explained about where and why Texas would build even more reservoirs....
Or how those reservoirs would fill with water from streams that only carry water when it rains... which it hasn't.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:38:14

peeker01 wrote:For those of you who don't understand how weather works (doobie), the attached upper air chart
will show you how the high over Texas has broken up, and the steering currents are now zonal,
bring in moisture from the west and southwest. Good news surely.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/JetStream.aspx

No, it will end because Perry and his loyal Christians invoked the power of Our Lord Jesus Christ , which as we are well aware of has no boundaries. Hallelluyya! Amen.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby peeker01 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:40:17

Do you see how convoluted and backwards this conversation is? I am making the point that
weather patterns indicate the end of the drought, and you are trying to make me prove that
Texas needs more reservoirs. Hello!!!
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:41:05

But what if the will of the Lord is to drive out all the Yankee unbelievers from this most holy land, so that only the faithful will remain, and shall acquire for one, that which the Yankee defilers bought for ten.

Perry lacks imagination.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:42:31

peeker01 wrote:Do you see how convoluted and backwards this conversation is? I am making the point that
weather patterns indicate the end of the drought, !

Um, I've already pointed out, that we could have a completely average rainfall pattern through the entire fall and winter season and Texas would STILL BE IN EXCEPTIONAL DROUGHT.

The pattern you are talking about is insufficient to deliver the amount of water needed to break the drought.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby peeker01 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:46:00

So what's your _ucking point Agent?
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:56:03

You will be in trouble Peek, just like most of othe rpeople. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:58:28

peeker01 wrote:So what's your _ucking point Agent?

My point is that you are mathematically challenged, and can't figure out how much rain is required in order to break the drought, and then note that the normal fall weather pattern can not deliver that amount of rain.

Its really simple stuff.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby nobodypanic » Fri 16 Sep 2011, 19:26:33

but what you haven't lived long enough to know is there are wet centuries and dry centuries too.
nobodypanic
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Next

Return to Open Topic Discussion