Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

"And In related news..."

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

"And In related news..."

Unread postby papa moose » Wed 28 Sep 2011, 01:27:27

He does mention 'perpetual economic growth on a finite planet' so it is sort of relevant to PO.com Fired

Now i'm curious, do anarchist play team sports? If so who keeps the score?
"That really annoying person you know, the one who's always spouting bullshit, the person who always thinks they're right?
Well, the odds are that for somebody else, you're that person.
So take the amount you think you know, reduce it by 99.999%, and then you'll have an idea of how much you actually know..."
papa moose
Lignite
Lignite

Re: "And In related news..."

Unread postby mlit » Wed 28 Sep 2011, 02:13:01

I've never understood what summarily fired (fired without ceremony which means I have been summarily fired because I never got any ceremony for mine) means but did find that and the audio of the event http://www.twitvid.com/WSSUO I think we all have a moment now and then where we need to step back and consider the long term consequences of what we are about to say or do. He may have failed to negotiate this moment unless he is able to get enough twitter followers to make up for the loss of a job
An Optimist is eventually wrong, A Pessimist is eventually right.
mlit
Peat
Peat

Unread postby papa moose » Wed 28 Sep 2011, 03:33:34

mlit wrote: I think we all have a moment now and then where we need to step back and consider the long term consequences of what we are about to say or do.

"Delusional psychotic" and "consider the long term consequences" are not two phrase often found in association with each other, at least not without qualifiers like "not" or "rarely" or "unable".

I'm might have to try and track down his blog about anarchist sports, my interest has been piqued.
"That really annoying person you know, the one who's always spouting bullshit, the person who always thinks they're right?
So take the amount you think you know, reduce it by 99.999%, and then you'll have an idea of how much you actually know..."
papa moose
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby papa moose » Wed 28 Sep 2011, 03:38:41

mlit wrote:I've never understood what summarily fired

not a corporate lawyer or anything but i think it means that he got fired without any warning.
which is to say usually a permenant employee will get a written warning for a bit of "naughty behaviour" but if it's real bad your just straight out the door.

aka: Instant Dismissal
papa moose
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby evilgenius » Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:52:28

It means that his actions alone were enough to get him fired without his needing any further investigation or ruling. In law a judge might summarily dismiss a case because it doesn't have merit. That is to say that a case would come before the court and the judge would say, there isn't enough evidence for this to go any further.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby MD » Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:53:02

"Instant dismissal" in today's corporate America often means that the organization has started with a fresh chart, and "we regret to report that many of your job descriptions no longer fit profile. We are so sorry."

"Good luck in your future endeavors!!!! :-)"
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Return to Open Topic Discussion